There were 6 of us celebrating end of Uni. We went for 6 nights, so we booked a 3 bedroom apartment.
On arrival, staff were so friendly and most helpful - they answered all our questions and were very approachable. The reception doubled as an information desk and there was a wall of brouchers and vouchers.
(+) Great location: firstly, it was away from schoolies! But also, it was around 200m walk to the bus stops we needed, of which took us to all the major attractions, ie, theme parks, harbour town, pacific fair, casino, Surfer's etc.
(+) Beach was a 2 min walk away
(+) Very comformtable living space - couches were so comfy!
(+) Kitchen was adequate: had a lot of utensils and equipment, dishwasher, oven,
microwave, toaster, kettle etc
(+) Beds were clean and comfortable
(+) Had a DVD player and and the TV aired FOX8
(+) Good air conditioning
(+) Pool was really nice
(+) 5min walk away from Woolworths, many cafes/restaurants, a NAB atm, and the
(+) Got given two sets of keys for apartment
(+) Good wardrobe space and coat hangers provided
(+) Salt and pepper provided!
(+) 3 bedrooms: 1) two single beds 2) one single, one double 3) one queen
(-) Limited supplies: only one tea towel in the kitchen, one hand towel in the bathroom,
one roll of toilet paper, one sachet of dishwashing liquid/detergent, no tablets for
dishwasher, no tissue box in the living room, no additional garbage bags etc.
(-) Fan in our rooms was very dusty and not clean on the inside
(-) Bathroom was stained and appeared very old
(-) Only given one bath towel each bed
(-) Wasn't a high rise apartment, so the view was of the high rise apartments. lol
(-) Relatively quiet during the night, but occasional hoon drivers on roads nearby
(-) Some of the cutlery was not clean, or didn't appear clean, so I advise you wash
everything before use.
Markham Court Apartments are not bad. Be prepared to buy most of your own supplies such as dishwashing equipment, coffee, tea, milk, soap for the bathroom, hand towel, tissue box, garbage bags etc.
It only cost us $34 a night, so I guess you get what you pay for. It's not a 5 star apartment, but it is comfortable enough to eat and sleep in. The kitchen was adequate for our cooking needs because we made our own breakfast and dinner every night. The bathroom catered for 5 girls so it can't of been that bad!
Hope this helps!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Markham Court offers fully self contained 2 Bedroom apartments and 3 Bedroom split level Penthouses with spa and wrap around balconies. Most apartments have air conditioning. The modern kitchens are equipped with microwave, dish washer, stove top, oven, fridge/freezer, crockery, cutlery and all cooking equipment. Beautiful outdoor pool and spa area with large barbeque and dining area. All apartments are equipped with washing machine and dryer. Linen, bath towels, soap, tea, coffee and milk starter kits are provided to the apartments. Markham Court apartments offer private balconies with outdoor furniture and views of the gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Markham Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Markham Court Hotel Broadbeach
- Markham Court Broadbeach, Gold Coast