“More than value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Pacific

You added Ocean Pacific to your Saves list
Ocean Pacific
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   25 Surf Parade, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218, Australia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brisbane, Australia
“More than value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Just spent 4 days at the Ocean Pacific. Booked online and received a phone call the day of our check in apologising that my booking had been "messed up". Mary talked me through what had gone wrong and it just meant that I had to swop rooms on our last night.

The staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable.

Rooms are very clean and comfortable and the view is just fantastic. Pool area always spotless.

This resort is close enough but far enough away if you know what I mean. Felt very safe was staying with my youngest son as hubby is away and is extremely well priced.

Will certainly return.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Before I go on, I want to stipulate that this is a 4 star serviced apartment. I made a booking 2 weeks prior to my stay and the person I spoke to said there was a 4 th floor and 17 th floor available. I asked specifically for the 17th floor, and on checkin found that we were given the 4th floor instead. I was really upset, as I was not told that that request was not guaranteed, otherwise, we would have come earlier.

Might I say, as I have been to better places within the vicinity, this place was a step back for me. But you get what you pay for. At almost half the price. But to me, this is not luxury. It is just comfy.

What I wanted but they did not have as I suppose you would expect from a 4 star place was: 24 hr service, apartment safe, master bedroom tv, bath in master ensuite and at least a 2nd daily room servicing. Other gripes I had was no free wifi, non heated pools at this time- still a little cold for my little girls. Also hallways a little narrow, if you have double prams. Cot hire a little steep at $70 for 3 nights but no biggy. Room slightly dusty, but I am a bit of a clean freak as you would with young children. Also wall sound insulation is not as good as my previous stay elsewhere. Pillow menu would be great as I am pillow freak, but at $200/night you can't expect that.

Location-wise, very close to the beach and main shopping complex, but a little further from the main drag of restaurants and night life.

All in all, I would rather pay more and stay elsewhere more luxurious and offered what I needed above as that is what I expect in a weekend getaway place. But if you are happy with a clean comfy place close to the beach, at almost no more than $200/night for 2 bed, this is not too bad.

• Stayed September 2011
OceanPacific_11, Manager at Ocean Pacific, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
We value feedback from our all our guests because it helps keep us on our toes. This vigilance and attention to detail from our whole team at Ocean Pacific, together with the rave reviews from former guests, is why Trip Advisor awarded us a special Customer Service Excellence Certificate.

We are independently rated by AAA Tourism as a 4.5 Star Resort under the self-catering category and pride ourselves on our ability to offer 'affordable luxury' to all our guests. Just check out our excellent photo gallery on our website . We are not a hotel, so as such do not offer some of the creature comforts of a hotel such as pillow menus24 hour service, apartment safe, TV in master bedroom or daily housekeeping service (although this can be arranged for a nominal charge), or free wifi, although our internet charges are cheaper than local internet cafes, but obviously much more convenient from your own apartment.

With gas heating to both our swimming pools, we have the advantage that we can adjust the temperatures as they weather hots up or cools down. Normal temperature on the themostat is 30 degrees, but with the unusually hot spell we had, we tweaked these down to 28 as most guest like to jump in and feel refreshed after sun baking in the hot sun during the day.

Our position within a 10 minute walk to the cosmopolitan restaurant & club precinct of Broadbeach is perfect and appreciated by most guests. It keeps us just away from the hussle & bussle and noise of the pubs, clubs & restaurants, yet only five streets away and you are back to the comfort, relaxation and security of you own fully serviced apartment.
Greymouth, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This resort has it all. We couldn't fault the apartment. It was spacious and CLEAN. The resort managers were friendly and helpful. It was in a perfect location, within easy walking distance to Pacific Fair, Draculas, Jupiters, the beach was only a block away. Fabulous pool and BBQ area - spotless. Oh and did I mention QUIET? The security is fantastic - I felt very safe and was happy to leave all our personal belongings in our apartment. The beds were ultra comfortable and the pillows fabulous! In our opinion this is a 5* resort and we will be back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Torquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Lovely new building, very contemporary in design. The location is spot-on, right by the beautiful beach, 5 minutes to nightlife (although it is quiet where the hotel is), and close to Pacific Fair the shopping mall which is every girls dream! There is alfresco dining nearby, all of which provide very good food. Bus stops are also nearby (5 mins walk) which can take you to Sea World, Surfers Paradise, the highly recommended theme park Dreamworld and Movie World to name but a few. Rooms are immaculate and very luxurious yet modern. All have balconies with views of pool and higher ones of sea. Balconies are fairly large with table and 4 chairs. Outside you have a pool, hot tub, sauna, shower, gym, kids pool with waterfall, sun loungers etc. There are 2 electric bbq's under cover with large tables to seat the whole family complete with sink and bins so all can be prepared outside so you dont miss the sun and can still watch the kids jumping in and out of the pools. There is also an outside shower and an inside w.c! My kids spent most of their 1 month holiday in the garden area which is surrounded by tropical plants and very private. The grounds are very secure and you need a code to enter the iron gate. By lunch you lose the sun in the garden due to the other hotels close by causing shade, this is when we went shopping or to the beach. The sun does return later in the afternoon! The hotel has a large lounge area with funky modern seating and a games room with massage chairs and a pool table etc. All in all a 5 star building kept very clean with guests who respect their surroundings. I would choose this hotel every time when visiting broadbeach. 10/10 well done!

Room Tip: Higher floors have sea views. All rooms top quality. If you want to watch kids in pool go low.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I have been meaning to write a review about our stay here in December last year and have finally got around it it! Our family of two adults and two kids (4 yr old twins) stayed here for five nights in a 2 bedroom apartment and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of accommodation.
The hotel has been recently renovated and is very clean and stylishly decorated. The rooms are well-sized and there is a good kitchen available so that you can eat in if you wish. We also really enjoyed the pool area which has a main pool as well as a spa and smaller pool which is excellent for small kids. There is a games room for older kids but not much in there for smaller kids.
The hotel is within walking distance of Pacific Fair and the shops & restaurants in the main Broadbeach shopping area. It is also very close to the beach and an excellent playground.
We didn't hire a car and were able to catch the Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle from right outside the hotel to travel to and from the theme parks.
I really couldn't recommend this hotel more. Make sure you check the hotel's website for specials. We did and then rang and booked through the hotel and received a 15% discount on our stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Marlton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our 41st wedding anniversary at this superior resort. We were travelling from the States and had seen other places to stay (we actually used trip advisor to seek out accommodation) but they didn't look as good nor was the price adequate for what they were offering. This place truly lived up to the other reviews.

We stayed at OP for two weeks time. We were able to get a great deal for what we needed. Although it was just my husband and I coming to the OP we were in Broadbeach, Australia to visit my son, his wife and new baby. Our room was perfect to host them during our stay and we were able to spend time in our room hosting as if it were our own home.

They gave us a full kitchen/dining room, study (which had an extra place to sleep/bedding, dressers and closet), Master bedroom (King Size), Living area (Flat screen TV), music, and an eat-in balcony with ocean views.

The view of the Pacific ocean was overwhelmingly beautiful. I was extremely happy that our accommodation were meticulously clean and they even gave us a startrt kit upon arrival. You don't need to worry about bringing linens or bed bugs (we had read other reviews where they would welcome you upon arrival).

Everything was in close proximity to the resort. We were there at the time of the Jazz Festival which was really great.

Thanks so much Jeff, Mary, and Candice and the rest of the team.

Yours in the Spirit,

Art and Wendy

The staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make our trip the best it could be. I will definitely be planning a trip for next year and will be booking with again with OP.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 12th floor in room 124. This room is a 1 bedroom + study with tons of living space...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

A clean contempory quiet and safe resort. We stayed on the 18th floor and had a wonderful uninterupted view of the ocean. Being 200m from the Ocean we could hear the gentle rolling waves. The restaurants and shops were approx 300m away, so a short stroll and we were right there. Access to the BBQ pool spa and sauna until 10 pm was a great way to relax. Having the washing machine clothes dryer and dish washer at our finger tips saved us time so we could spend more time exploring the Gold Coast. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Pacific? Share your experiences!