“BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY” 4 of 5 stars

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“BEAUTIFUL JOURNEY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Well worth doing the journey by train as not only is the scenery stunning, when traveled in June '13 also few passengers. Went from Chur to St. Mortiz, had lunch at the station cafe, as it was the only one open and reasonably priced. This is also a civil engineering masterpiece, as are many routes in Switzerland and well worth doing on a lovely summers day.

Visited June 2013

San Francisco, California, United States
49 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Train Ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Joined the Bernina Express in St Moritz, stopped off at Diavolezza to take the cable car up the mountain, made the return journey from Poschiavo lovely wee Swiss town. Outstanding scenery with many spectacular viaducts as the highest train ride moves effortlessly through the Alps.

Visited May 2013
Caernarfon
7 attraction reviews
“What a Trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Third time on this one, up on the Bernina Express walked in the snow, she took lots of photos (I thought it was my camera!!) and then the best bit.... down on the coach, front seat all the way. They've spoilt it a bit 'cos they've put safety barriers in place but still brilliant. Excellent driver who stopped in all the right places for photo opportunities. The only complaint was that too much time is spent in St. Moritz which is generally closed for lunch when the coach arrives. A number of the party agreed and this was passed to our Crystal Rep, I think less time at the top and more at the small town at the bottom (I've forgotten the name) which was a traditional Italian town not too spoilt by tourism. Nevertheless we'll probably do the whole thing again.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
“Fabulous Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

August 26th 2012: We took off from Zurich mid morning and headed towards St Moritz which we reached by lunchtime. A quick bite then we headed up to the Bernina pass through the glorious Swiss countryside. Every twist a turn reveals a picture-postcard view to die for. We arrived in Italy at Tirano mid-afternoon and then headed for our stop that night at Lago di Como.
The drive was surprisingly easy and the roads immaculate - a few short stops around road repair gangs but we were in no hurry. The weather was of course glorious and we kept the top down all day.
A 'must do' drive for anyone who enjoys driving and fabulous scenery.

Visited August 2012
Brno
177 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I have visited this attraction in August 2012. The morning train from Pontresina was full
at the beginning however after the stop Bernina Diavolezza almost empty (its the highest
point of the whole Bernina express train route - 2328m). During whole trip you will see
beautiful mountains, magnificent lakes - primarily Lago Bianco and Lagh da Palü,
unforgettable sceneries. My endstop was at Poschiavo from where I took a train
with an open carriage back. That's why I enjoyed more the return trip, I could feel
how the air cooled... I was too lazy to make a stop in the station Alp Grüm, I hope that
I will have opportunity to do it next time.

A must visit attraction for everyone!

Visited August 2012