“West Coast - sea - flowers all in one!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin B&B + S/C

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Helena Bay
Dolphin B&B + S/C
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   22 Ecklonia Street | Britannia Bay, Stompneus Bay, St. Helena Bay 7382, South Africa   |
Paarl, Western Cape, South Africa
“West Coast - sea - flowers all in one!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Beautiful B&B right on the beach with stunning views over the ocean. One can see kilometers of the Golden Mile all the way to Shelley Point. What a privelege to own such a beautiful place like Dolphin B&B. Lucille is so helpful, friendly,the perfect hostess even a chef preparing a 5 star breakfast. She told us lots about Britannia Bay and even assist us on our hunt for property. Beautiful veld flowers in front of the property and all around the West Coast. The morning when we woke up, the whole of Brittania Bay was covered with fog. We made a braai on the deck, lovely. We even had fresh black mussels from the rocks. The only thing we needed, was a small casserole for the braai, that is a must for self catering.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north is the best, sun don't go down in you face.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
lucillebyrnes, Owner at Dolphin B&B + S/C, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Yes, Susan and Kallie, I am indeed privileged to live where I do and to be able to share that view with my guests. When you find your ideal getaway home on the West Coast you too will feel special on waking every morning.

Thanks for the idea about the casserole for the braai; in addition to the Pyrexware I have now also placed a small enamel roasting pan in the kitchenette. That should do the trick.

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
ljubljana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Travel guids us in Botsvana,Namibia and finally incidental Britania bay,where we met Lucille,who immediatley served with hospitality.Brief walks neighboorhood it talket to stay for several days-next time-yes!
excellent soup and breakfast to go-minded owner and birds
Lucy the queen

txs

Stojan/&Ines

Siovenija

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
lucillebyrnes, Owner at Dolphin B&B + S/C, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Stojan is a cameraman with Slovenia’s national news service and I am fortunate enough to have images he sent me of the shoreline in front of Dolphin B&B+S/C – magnificent! I also have pics he took of Ines and me – a visual reminder of a short but very interesting time I had getting to know them over breakfast.

I wish them well.
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Dolphin BB is perfect ... Wonderful location, spacious accommodation, (importantly ... comfortable beds!) Really well equipped ( we were in the self catering unit). The deck area is lovely, ... and the owner is 'simply superb ' ... Never intrusive but always there for us .. she pays fantastic attention to detail, could not be more helpful (had a meal prepared for on our arrival, knowing we would not want to go out for after long journey from UK).
Lucille's knowledge and passion for the area ensures you have a wonderful West Coast experience - a wonderful Ambassador for South African Tourism and, in particular, the "Weskus" ... an area so often missed by tourists !
Thank you Lucille ... Margaret May - Journeys a la Carte

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
lucillebyrnes, Owner at Dolphin B&B + S/C, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
The really sad thing about Peter and Margaret is that since staying at Dolphin B&B+S/C they have purchased a beachfront house in Britannia Bay and so I lose them as guests!

They left with me their self-published book (for which they took all the photographs) on the Masai Mara, which is an ever-present reminder of two guests who have moved from that category to one of friends. And, amke no mistake, I intend fully to dip into your extensive knowledge of the travel industry per se and sojourns around the globe.

If I made you comfortable then I have indeed fulfilled my role and it really was a pleasure to be your host; it's going to be even more of a joy becoming friends.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Rebecca and I stayed over for two nights while on our honeymoon. This is really a home away from it all.
We were received with a smile and wonderful hospitality. The room had a most awesome view, was very neat and clean and had that feel to it where you could just let things go and relax.

The food was beyond belief. Three course dinners and breakfast. The breakfast alone should last you until 4pm at least!! And dinner would make you sleep like a baby.

I would definitely recommend that you stay here at least once. We plan on going back soon.

• Stayed April 2013
lucillebyrnes, Owner at Dolphin B&B + S/C, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Hosting a newly-wed couple's stay is always a particular pleasure and David and Rebecca were top-of-the-range guests whose honeymoon had taken them to such far away places as Calvinia and Rocher Pan Nature Reserve. Next stop Dolphin B&B+S/C and finally a trip home on the Shosholoza.

They shared not only their wedding photos with me but their dreams and aspirations and being the gentle souls they are I just know they'll spend many happy and fulfilled years as husband and wife.

Their review is highly appreciated and I am glad to have been of service and made them feel right at home.
BRACKENFELL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

When we arrived, Lucille immediately made us feel at home. Her friendliness, helpfulness and of course her general knowledge of surroundings, nature etc was wonderful. We only stayed 1 night, what a pity, so much more to do and see.
The rooms were spacious, immaculate, with anything you needed.
What a super view, definitely a blessing to stay there.
louw.edwina@gmail.com

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
lucillebyrnes, Owner at Dolphin B&B + S/C, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
You and Martin (and Tersia and Daan) may well have only stayed 1 night but I benefited from meeting 'n greeting you four. Maybe next time your stay will be a bit longer - I hope so!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Upon arriving at Dolphin B&B, we were welcomed so warmly by the owner, Lucille, and made to feel at home immediately. The pictures we had seen on the internet of the bedrooms, kitchen and bathrooms did not do them justice. The entire area was stunning and cosy. The bedrooms opened up onto a deck with a beautiful beachfront view of Britannia Bay and Shelley Point. Sitting on the deck at night and having a braai was absolute bliss and we felt as though we were in a place so far removed from the city life of Cape Town. Our entire stay would not have been the same had it not been for Lucille's warm presence and caring nature. Her place is beautiful and we wished we could have stayed longer! We will definitely be coming back to Dolphin B&B and strongly recommend Dolphin B&B for anyone wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
lucillebyrnes, Owner at Dolphin B&B + S/C, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
I have such luck with guests who book in at my establishment, and you, Helen, and Alex an Cantleigh were of the nicest I've had in a long while.

Good luck with your studies. you're all so committed and I know you will do exceptionally well in followign your career dreams.

You rock,Girls!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Long before we even arrived at Dolphin B&B, we were very happy with the amazing service we received. Lucille sent us many mails on all our queries, about directions, things to do, where to eat, weather and so much more.
She booked a table for us for dinner and left directions for us, just in case.
We enjoyed a lovely sherry on the terrace, taking in the beauty of Britannia Bay on our arrival and our stay was consistent all the way.
Lucille pays attention to little details that makes all the difference.
I will recommend staying at Dolphin B&B +S/C to everyone!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Lucille (my namesake) and Ané ... it was such a pleasure hosting your stay. I live in a special corner of pradise and to share it with lekker people like yourselves is such a privilege so I must say thank you to you two for enjoying the tranquility of the area. You're welcome back anytime!

Been to Dolphin B&B + S/C? Share your experiences!