As there are limited accomodation options in Mt. Cook, you won't be surprised by the price of a bunk bed either you chose YHA Mt. Cook or the other backpacker.
The YHA here corresponds to the average YHA standards with clean rooms, nice and spacious lounge areas, sauna, well-equipped kitchen, large dining area, etc. Others mention the rude staff, but we didn't have any problems with them: they were friendly, helpful and had a good knowing of local hiking options, etc.
We slept in 8-bed dorm, and slept well, the beds were okay. And yes, you will have to bring your linen back, but that was not a big deal for us.
As mentioned, the prices shouldn't be that high for this standard, but the stunning location well worth paying the extra.
- Also Known As:
- Yha Mt. Cook Hotel
- Yha Mt. Cook Hotel Mt. Cook Village
- YHA Mt. Cook New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to YHA Mt Cook! Our beautiful alpine lodge in the Heart of Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park is the perfect base to explore and experience New Zealand's Southern Alps. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area by taking walks suitable for all ages and abilities. Kayaking, Skiing, Boating, Flying and Stargazing are all activities that can be enjoyed here in Aoraki / Mt Cook, as well as comfortable dining in the village's cafes and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and HostelBookers so you can book your YHA Mt. Cook reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.