We drove up to Mt Cook and took the Motel under the Hermitage Hotel package for families. It included the Explorer Pass as well which enabled us to enter the movie and museum area for free. Continental Breakfast was also included. The motel is nothing to shout about but the views were magnificent! It snowed on our 2nd night there and it was sooooo beautiful with fresh snow in the surrounding areas. The service all around NZ is always friendly and excellent. We just loved our experience and time in Mt Cook and would stay there in a heartbeat again anytime.
My only recommendation is that you don't segment the breakfast to 'Continental' and 'Full Cooked Bfast'. Make it the same across the board. We were there during winter and we could count the tables with both hands. Saw a lot of food wasted as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, The Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD and Argo Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village