We stayed on the top floor of the hotel for one night. Our window gave us a magnificent view of Mt. Cook that we kept going back for. The room itself was quite spacious with comfortable beds and everything was working, however other than the view it was what you would expect from a standard good quality hotel.
The buffet dinner had an acceptable range of foods but was a bit pricey, it must cost a lot to cart food up a mountain? We have seen similarly expensive food at other remote holiday locations however, so it was not too much of a shock.
We recommend to stay for two or more nights, as there are a lot of activties that you can do in the area that look like fun,
The hotel itself had an "explorer center" which had lots of info about Mt. Cook and Sir Edmund Hillary, if you are interested in that. There is also a small cinema that runs a good range of educational movies, although you have to pay for a pass to see these.
Overall we enjoyed our stay very much.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, The Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD and Argo Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.