It is a long drive to get there .... but ... definatley worth the visit. Hotel was flawless. We had mountain view room that was clean and comfortable. The staff were very helpful and my 2 year old daughter and i loved their gift store ... we adopted an extra two toy sheep!
We ate at the Panorama ... SUPERB ... loved the service, loved their food and variety YUMMMMM!
Would be nice if there were more do to with a 2 year old ...but i guess Mount Cook is designed for the long treks etc ... glad i got to see it and experience so close with The Hermitage
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From an intrepid journey through glacial valleys to a mouth-watering culinary dining adventure, The Hermitage Hotel is the perfect 'base camp' to discover your Peak Experience. Choose from premium hotel rooms, motel units or cozy chalets. Add world-class activities such as Glacier Explorers, Tasman Valley 4WD and Argo Tours, Big Sky Stargazing, Encounter Day Walks, scenic flights or the visual extravaganza of the Sir Edmund Hillary Alpine Centre and you have a unique, year-round alpine adventure perfect for the family holiday or your next romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your The Hermitage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermitage Hotel Mt Cook Village
- Hermitage New Zealand
- The Hermitage Hotel New Zealand/Mt. Cook Village