We liked everything about this lodge. We were warmly welcomed by Michael and Clare and all of the other staff. We stayed in one of the Alpine Huts (I think that's what they are called) and loved the comfort and the quiet. A particular highlight were the hikes with Nikky who was both enthusiastic and very knowledgable. We went out with her five times. They make the most of their unique environment and it was impressive to see how well they care for it and the creatures who live on it. Michael taught us a lot about caring for and shearing sheep. The food was very good, with a good selection of wines. It got a bit crowded near the end of our stay as two separate groups arrived but this was handled in a way that did not at all disturb our stay. This is a location and an experience we will recommend very highly.
- Also Known As:
- Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass Hotel Arthurs Pass
- Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 2,400 hectares (6,000 acres) of our own private nature reserve and working farm surrounded by Arthur's Pass National Park. Discover spectacular mountains, lake canoeing, 30km of walking trails, alpine flowers and moss carpeted beech forest. Enjoy our high country farm featuring merino sheep shearing and sheepdog displays every second day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Otel so you can book your Wilderness Lodge Arthurs Pass reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.