We booked a 3 night stay for our honeymoon in August. We had seen the pictures online, and were quite disappointed by the Jr. Suite. They boast a lot of upgrades, but I don't think this includes the lower end rooms. The rooms are wood panelled, which gives a rustic feel. A bit odd to have the shower wood panelled as well; they were mouldy. This wasn't the problem, though.
We were awake all night with the noise of the jacuzzi above us, as well as the couple above seemingly running back and forth across the room. The next morning, we mentioned at the front desk that we weren't overly impressed. The woman at the desk even had a name tag entitled "Customer Relations". All she had to say was "That couple is checking out today " (which I think they did), or "how can we make your stay better?". Instead, we got "Well we don't usually let people check out a day early. But if you insist, we'll allow it. We'll expect you out in the morning".
We later heard another employee tell guests that they were welcome to enjoy the grounds for the day following checkout. We were made to feel as though they didn't care much about people staying in the less expensive rooms. $400/night is still a great deal of money. We expected a bit more consideration, especially on our honeymoon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney