My wife and I had a very nice 2 night stay at the resort. It was our first time and we will be back.
We were very happy with our Master's junior suite. It was a large, comfortable place to be. The pictures don't do the room justice. The furniture of excellent quality and OVERSIZED so it is difficult to appreciate the size/scale of the room when looking at the pictures. You have just about every amenity you could want from the steam shower, in room Jacuzzi, private deck with hot tub and loungers, fireplace etc.
Our meals (dinner in particular) were excellent. Service and food quality were top notch. The menu may lack a bit of "inspiration" for some tastes (don't come here expecting molecular gastronomy) and the style of the dining room may not be to everyone's liking, but there is no mistaking the fact that everything is of a very high quality and the staff/management work very hard to provide a fantastic fine dining experience. We really enjoyed our dinners.
As for activities, we took the paddle boat out for a bit and also took a short 15 minute drive to do one of the Algonquin Park hikes (Booth' Rock) which was great fun. Otherwise we spent our time on the deck enjoying the view of the lake.
We weren't sure what to expect given some of the negative reviews and some of the responses posted by management and came away very satisfied with our stay.
-Fantastic Room with every amenity imaginable
-Excellent Food & Fine dining experience
-Quiet and Relaxing
-Close proximity to some great hiking trails
-A total of $1400 tax in for a 2 night week-end feels a bit steep. The high price and the high expectations that come with it probably account for many of the more negative reviews. We will be back, but will try to book when rates are a bit lower. We had tried to book a stay at a couple of competing resorts in the region that were lower priced and they were fully booked. Nevertheless we were very pleased with our week-end.
Recommendations to Management:
-This is a nit, but the lack of "cord management" and the exposed AV components under the nice flat screen TV distract from what is otherwise a wonderful room.
-The grounds could use some TLC, there are several areas where dirt, gravel have washed out over paths and there is quite a bit of overgrowth in and around the flower beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Couples Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney