We just spent one night at this "resort " for couples and feel like we were robbed.The cost for their cheapest room was $600 and change. The location and the dinner and breakfast which came with the stay were excellent The beds were nice. After that it was downhill. Carpet from the 80's was so stretched that we tripped on the wrinkles. The bathroom flooring was old vinyl with huge water marks where water had leaked under it. The bathroom fixtures were old and rusted. The place smelled of mould, the old hallway carpets were dirty with sand and grass. The free bicycles and canoes were not available after 5:00pm despite the fact that checkin is 4:00pm Checkout was 11:00am and a sign on the pool said it would open at 2:00pm. When I mentioned to the manager that the rooms are very dated she said yes they are but if they were to redo them they would have to charge more - what $800?
- Also Known As:
- The Couples Hotel Whitney
- The Couples Hotel
- Bear Trail Couples Resort
- Couples Resort Ontario/Whitney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It is here that couples celebrating birthdays and anniversaries as well as honeymooners and recently married couples come to relax, embrace love, enjoy the organic spa and find the time to share an adventure. This is quite literally the hottest place to be in all four seasons, with 10 saunas, 27 walk-in steam rooms, 21 walk-in euro-showers, 23 outdoor hot tubs and 48 in-room Jacuzzi tubs each in front of a wood burning fireplace. All accommodations at the Couples Resort Exceed 5 Diamond standards, North America's toughest standards. Ontario's Couples Resort is situated on the shores of Galeairy Lake and the Madawaska River, with Algonquin Park as our backyard. The village of Whitney, Ontario is a short 15-minute walk away. We are surrounded with breathtaking wilderness, pure fresh air, secluded forests, pristine waters, an abundance of sunny days and a blanket of stars at night. This priceless peace and tantalizing tranquility is all yours for the taking.Those of you who need to escape from the bustle will find us calming and rejuvenating. There are many ways to do nothing if that is your wish. On the other hand, unlimited activities will keep the adventurer active all year round. Ontario's Natural Algonquin Park is ideal for the sport enthusiast or avid adventurer who will be delighted with the extraordinary activities available. ... more less