“Unbeatable view and service” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Astarea to your Saves list
Hotel Astarea
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Setaliste Marka Marojce 40, Mlini 20207, Croatia   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mlini
“Unbeatable view and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed in Hotel Astarea together with familly, very good value for the rate, excellent view on whole laguna, terrace and view made our stay even more pleasant. Service in restaurant excellent, waiters remembered kid's names during first meal and played with kids despite beeing busy, Food is good, close to beach- 30 m. reception staff is pleasant and professional.

Room Tip: Suite on front side has incredible big terrace with unbeatable view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
mmatkov, Manager at Hotel Astarea, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you on this nice review about Hotel Astarea. We are happy to see that your stay with us was a pleasant one and we do hope to see you in hotel again.
With kind regards from sunny Mlini.
Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

This is a brilliant hotel for a traditional relaxing holiday. We stayed 2 weeks half board(me, my husband and 21 year old daughter). The staff were lovely: helpful and positive at all times and the room with trees and sea view was comfortable clean and quiet. The food was nice too, sometimes epic, both in the hotel and the nearby Konoba (try the pancakes with sour cherry sauce) and the other eateries by the beach. The sea is crystal clear and clean, though cooler than I expected because of the local springs, which was great because it was so hot and sunny. It is beautiful here and it is just a few steps down from the hotel. The beach has shady spots and trees behind it where you can sit in the shade when it gets too hot, and it is a peaceful place. Only a very few cars use the small road access which also adds to the general peacefulness. There is a swimming pool and fitness room which are both very good and there is a well stocked hotel shop manned by two very cheerful ladies who remembered who we were and were always smiling. The dining room staff were also very good and were especially helpful, even though for most of them English was their third language. There are activities in the day and evening if you wish to be more active, I enjoyed the beach aerobics and there was live music in the evening down by the beach. We especially enjoyed the Fishermen singing and the folk dancing display. It is easy to arrange excursions to a wide variety of places at a booth on the way to the beach and many boats stop at the small harbour and can be easily booked there a few steps further along the beach. Dubrovnik is about half an hour by boat, or there is a cheaper hotel shuttle hourly which is quicker and leaves from outside the front door. We loved staying here and will definitely go again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
mmatkov, Manager at Hotel Astarea, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is so encouraging for us to receive such wonderful comments as the one you wrote on the Trips Advisor page! I am so pleased to see that you will keep very good memories of your stay with us.
We hope to see you soon back to the sunny Mlini-Dubrovnik
nuneaton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

having read some of the reports on this hotel i was a little confused about it all, on arival the hotel looked sparklingly clean at the main reception, had coffee on balcony looking out over the bay as we were 2 hrs early for our room, hotel turned out to be very clean ,well organised and the staff very polite and helpful we had a great 10 days in the astarea and have no complaints only good experiences here, we stayed in the main hotel so i cant comment on the other part to it, the food as in all self service hotels was just about varied enough,although coud have done with perhaps a little more choice, it didnt bother me though i had fish fish and more fish, it was so fresh and plentifull, the best i had in any hotel, salads and fruit were great as was the service in the resteraunt.
the hotel has a gym, indoor pool,( massage, sauna, hairdressers, at axtra cost ).
walk out of the front door 50yds into mlini and its just beautiful, i would recommend this hotel to any one based on my experience and to chill out in a quit village on a great coast line that you will just love, Dave.

Room Tip: floor 5 at the top for best view, all rooms seem to have sea view, air con is free
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
mmatkov, Manager at Hotel Astarea, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for reporting on the Trip Advisor pages your feedback on your holidays at the Astarea hotel.
I am glad to see that your holidays were good and that you enjoyed your room and hotel facilities.
We shall look into our breakfast offer and will even try to make it better as you have mention that offer could be better.
Your comments are valuable and will permit us to provide you with even a better service upon your next visit.
Best regards from sunny Mlini-Dubrovnik.
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Astarea Hotel in July. I didn't know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the place. The room was spacious with a small, sea-oriented balcony. The staff was nice and kindly answering on every request. One of the most attractive things is the beach.
Best food I've had was at Konoba Astarea. Right at the beach but quiet and relaxing. The food is fresh. The terrace is beautiful.The personnel was welcoming and polite.
Overall, I had a great holiday and I would highly recommend Astarea Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
mmatkov, Manager at Hotel Astarea, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,
We are so proud to read the very positive comments you wrote on the Trip advisor page. This is the best award we may receive from our guest.
I am pleased to see that you highlighted the quality of our Konoba Astarea restaurant as well as politness of our staff.
We hope to see you soon back to what I call “your home away from home”.
Best regards form the sunny Mlini-Dubrovnik,
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

During my business trip from Hong Kong to Croatia I stayed in Hotel Astarea for 5 days. It was great experience to visit such a beautiful country.
Hotel staff, rooms, food and service was excellent. The best food that I ever had was in: Konoba Astarea (nearby restaurant). Local fish on grill with Croatian vine was something to remember. Nothing better that to take a nice walk around small place Mlini near hotel. I would recommend this hotel for everyone who would like to have unforgettable vacation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
mmatkov, Manager at Hotel Astarea, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to read your comments on Trip Advisor web page.
I am glad to see that you spend some wonderful vacations in our hotel and that you enjoy the attitude of our employees as well as the quality of our food in Konoba Astarea.

We truly hope to see you back soon in our establishment.

Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I've stayed at the Astarea hotel in July. The room was very comfortable and peaceful and it had a nice balcony overlooking the sea. We didn't even had to turn on the a/c because the Hotel is surrounded by the trees which make a nice shade. The beach is beautiful and the sea is crystal green/blue. There are three restaurants just by the beach with a variety of food so there is a big choice for everybody. We also did a 'Three island day tour' which departs every morning right in front of the beach and we had a wonderful time. The Hotel staff is very pleasant and always smiling greeting you on your every step. We shall definitely come back next year again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
mmatkov, Manager at Hotel Astarea, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments concerning your stay with us on the Trip Advisor page.
I am glad to see that you really enjoyed the genuine hospitality of our staff as well as the quality of our food and the cleanliness of our hotel
We hope to see you back in near future in our property.

With best regards from sunny Mlini-Dubrovnik
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Took a last minute offer with allocation on arrival so did not know what to expect, But was pleasantly suprised with the location and surroundings of the Astarea,Reception was clean and staff smart and efficient considering the large number checking in,My room was well laid out with Air conditioning, Small balcony overlooking the Garden,Good bathroom and drinkable tap water.
As you venture around the hotel it is evident that cleaning staff do a very good job,The Dining room was on the lower ground floor and I arrived after a full sitting and found there was ample choice available and kitchen staff replenishing trays and the food that I had was very good and again polite staff working there.There is also an indoor swimming pool,excercise equipment,Massage and Hairdresser,Then leading down some steps to a quiet beach area good walks along the front plenty bars where the prices are very good and not trying to rip you off,Went one evening to fish and wine night with local singers which was very good and they should do it more often. I would also comment on the staff in the piano bar which I understand have all long service to the Hotel, They were all extremely pleasant and when they were not rushed off there feet they had a few minutes to have a converation about local life which is why we go to other countries,I would suggest a couple of young trainees working with them so as to get there knowledge and experience which otherwise will be lost and maybe a few staff meetings to let them know they are valued which they certainly are by the guests I am hoping to return to Dubrovnik again soon and I will stay at the Astarea

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
mmatkov, Manager at Hotel Astarea, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is with great pleasure and emotion that I have been reading your positive and enthusiastic feedback concerning your last holidays at the Astarea Hotel.
It is so good to see that you left the hotel with such wonderful memories and more than anything else I want to thank you for highlighting the friendliness of our staff. I am in fact a lucky Director who has the chance to be surrounded by so beautiful employees.
I truly hope that our property will become year after year your “home away from home” and we are awaiting to see you back again in the sunny Mlini.
Hotel Director

Been to Hotel Astarea? Share your experiences!