Stayed 9 nights from June 10th.Great stay had room 301 top floor decent size and private balcony stunning view of the sea,islands and Cavtat.
Room was a studio decent size simply decorated very clean with a large balcony all balconies by the way have washing line with pegs great for drying towels! Kitchen was pretty small 2 ring electric hob,sink and large fridge,kettle and coffee percolator. Bathroom was quite small as well but all nice and clean and perfect for us.
Can only echo most other reviews of Marnic apartments ie really clean peaceful and a lovely place to stay. Yes you are near a main road noise from this was minimal when sat on balcony and almost non existent when sat by the pool. Transfer times is 10-15 mins don't worry about being close to airport it's not Heathrow you will be lucky to see 2 planes in an hour during most parts of the day and they pass off the shoreline.
Local area. Yes as others have said you have to walk along the main road to get the bus approx 10 mins towards Plat as a guide the bus arrives from Dubrovnik approx 25 mins after published departure time and from Cavtat approx 15 mins. I am somewhat puzzled by the reviewer below who states the bus service isn't frequent and you are l lucky to see one an hour?!
Eh no from Dubrovnik to Cavat the no10 bus runs from 5am until 1am a total number of 29 times and in the opposite direction a total of 28 times oh and if you include the no16 that runs Dubrovnik from Plat that's another 13 times! Now dear reader I am no math Wizz but I'm pretty sure that is more than 1 an hour when you need them? Also the bus times provided in the apartment are out of date download from Libertas before you go service is the same Saturday and Sunday.
The Tavern at the top of the hill is open from 9am we had 2 lunches and they do take away pizza which was good. King Konaba is also worth a visit very good meat platter.
We visited Cavtat most evenings for drinks and food as its only 15 mins away by bus. Cavtat is lovely not a crowded as Dubrovnik and the restaurants are all waterfront,great place to sit and people watch and drool over the very large yachts. Can recommend Ancora wine bar excellent service and good choice of Croatian wines and simple cheese and meat plates. Also plenty of small boats to Dubrovnik from here approx 45 mins a great way to arrive in the city.
Ok that will do. I loved Croatia and staying at the Marnic apartments can highly recommend to all unless you think Benidorm is great and every restaurant must serve an English breakfast and chicken nuggets and burgers if you do then please stay away and leave Croatia for those of us who like a bit of culture Ta.
- Also Known As:
- Marnic Apartments Hotel Mlini
- Marnic Apartments Hotel
- Marnic Apartments Mlini, Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amazing Accommodations, in the Dubrovnik Region! With all modern conveniences at a fraction of the cost. Close to the historic and famous Old Town of Dubrovnik and the quaint little town of Cavtat. We have a large variety of accommodations to fit your needs, we have it all, rooms, studios, apartments, bungalow, A/C, Satellite T.V. Great views of the Adriatic Sea, crystal clear pool and lots of parking. Come and visit us soon! Minutes away from the Cilipi Airport... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Marnic Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.