This was the first time I had booked a catered chalet in the Schladming area. Normally my preference is an apartment where I am free to organise my own schedule. I contacted
Joanna via the web site link and arranged everything for 6 guys in early December. The booking was painless, as was paying and initial contact mails were very friendly (as you would expect).
We arrived in the middle of changeover day to be greeted very well even though we could see that everyone was really busy. Our rooms had just been cleaned from the previous guest and even though we were really early we were allowed to take the rooms to get changed into our skiing gear. This was a massive bonus to us after travelling 18 hours (after various delays). Our arrival in the evening upon our return to the Chalet was really warm and friendly and continued to be so during the course of the week. The rooms were excellently furnished and always clean and warm. The Dining room, bar area and guest lounge were equally well furnished and warm.
Breakfast content and standard were excellent as was the evening meal. Well thought out and healthy 3 course evening meals completed the days activities.
Joanna and Rob made everyone feel really welcome. Lots of advice on where to ski and trying different areas made the week very enjoyable. 6 guys staying with a mixed group doesn't always work but everything was fine including when we arrived "late" for dinner !
I personally would have preferred breakfast to start at 7 instead of 8 and dinner to be from 8 instead of 7 but some people are not quite so fanatical about getting out in the morning or staying longer than they should at the Apri ski bars
Great week skiing made all the better by Joanna and Rob
- Also Known As:
- Pension Hoffelner Hotel Ramsau Am Dachstein
- Pension Hoffelner Hotel
- Hoffelner Hotel Ramsau
- Pension Hoffelner Austria/Ramsau Am Dachstein
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Austrian Chalet in a quiet & sunny location with stunning panoramic views of the surrounding mountain world. Just 1 hour from Salzburg on a high plateau above Schladming & at the foot of the majestic Dachstein. Offering a very high standard of facilities, accommodation, food & service. Flexible accommodation - en-suite rooms & self catering Apartments available. Open in Winter & Summer. Also a Dachstein "Summer Card Partner Hotel" - included in Summer Rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Pension Hoffelner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.