“Relaxing Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elba Carlota

You added Hotel Elba Carlota to your Saves list
Hotel Elba Carlota
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Jandia Km. 11 | Fuerteventura Golf Resort, 35610 Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Antigua
Burton on Trent
“Relaxing Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

What a fantastic hotel, the best Elba Hotel yet and this is the 3rd we have stayed in on the island.
The staff are always smiling and go out of their way to assist, need to mention Brahim and Ronaldo.
Really worth joining the fidelity club which I did 2 years ago, from a recommendation on here to anyone using Elba Hotels, we got upgraded to a large suite which topped our relaxing holiday off nicely (I did inform them of our Fidelity number our booking form).

Tip - get a taxi from the airport - 12-15 euros - approx. 15 min journey

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
dear mister Chris,

I would like to thank you for the review about hotel Elba Carlota.
I am happy to see you have had another enjoyable stay here.
Thank you for mentioning the benefits of beiing a fidelity member, as we like to take extra care of our repeating customers.
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next visit!

Director.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great room, nice hotel overall. Buffet style meals which had a good choice of food for all the family. Pools were lovely and friendly kids club staff. Next to a nice shopping centre and a short walk to other shops. Near airport but not noisy enough to cause a disturbance. Would revisit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dear sir / madam,

Thank you very much for your short but positive review.
Our main goal is to satisfy all of our different customers, so I am happy to see you have enjoyed your time here with us.
Myself and all the staff are looking forward to your next stay here with us!

Fakenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My Husband Stayed here from the 9th-16th October had a great Holiday the Staff were friendly and helpful , The room was nice and cleaned every day . The food was good . The pool was quite cold but once in it wasn't quite so bad !! The location was good directly on the beach and the walk in town was only about 20mins and the residents in town also made you feel welcome .
We will definitely be back to stay :) Thanks to everyone who made our Holiday Great !!

dear miss vicky,

Thanl you very much for taking the time to write a review about us.
It is always a great pleasure and very satisfying to read such a positive review like yours,
as it shows us a job well done.
In the end of the review you thank us for making your holiday great, but it is us who need to thank you for beiing such a great customer!
Come back soon!

Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

we stayed here from 1st - 8th october.the hotel is very well sited for the beach,close to the airport,10min in a taxi.check in was speedy and efficient with helpful staff on the reception.the room was very clean with tea and coffee making facilities.any requests to reception were delt with very quickly.(more pillows and a replacement hair dryer).the bar staff were polite and friendly and served us quickly.the food was good with alot of choice for all tastes.around the pool there are lots of sunbeds so no trouble getting one.theres a handy spa supermarket about 5 mins walk to get anything you might need too.overall it makes for a very relaxing holiday and we will definately be going back again as we have already been 4 times before.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

dear mister Steve,

Thank you very much for the review you have written about our hotel.
I am very happy to read your kind words about hotel Elba Carlota, our staff and our services.
And it makes me very proud to see you have been here so many times!
I hope by now you are a member of our fidelity club, if not please take a look on our website, as it gives guests as yourself a lot of discounts and benefits!
I am looking forward to your next stay here with us!

Melton Mowbray, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband stayed here from 13TH TO 20TH OCTOBER. The hotel had some good points, its position to the nearest good beach is perfect, its in a nice area, not too far from a attractions: bars cafes etc. The main pool is a good size, but quite cold. The food ranged from mediocre to quite good. The rooms are clean, but several things would suggest is does not qualify for a four star rating, the towels were ragged and holey, the dressing table mirror is too high so you have to stand up to use the mirror and the air conditioning didn't work properly, so we were very uncomfortable at night. We did complain about this and I had a very strange experience at the main reception, I waited ages to speak to somebody and when one of the female members of staff finished talking to another member of staff I told her about the air conditioning, whilst I was explaining she walked away and wrote something on a list, she then didn't look at me again to confirm what she had done and started to chat to the member of staff she was previously talking to. I was a little taken aback, and it was only when I raised my eyebrow and walked over to my husband, somebody else behind the desk told her I seemed annoyed and she then made some gesture towards the list.
All the sunbeds are saved every day so get up early if you want one on the bar side. The other side ends up in the shade at 4pm. Not what you'd expect from a four star

Room Tip: The best rooms face the sea at the back of the hotel
dear madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your holiday experiences.
I am sorry to read about the issue at the reception.
I can assure you that all of our staff are well trained in customer service, and we never had any similar problems before, so I think a misunderstanding is the issue, and I do apoligise for
any inconvenience coused.
I must say that I am a little disapointed to see you mention so many positive points about our hotel, yet stating it is not a four star hotel.
But reviews as yours help us to improve, so thank you for that.

Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned home after a fantastic holiday every thing in the hotel is 4star quality staff were superb.every thing was spotless clean throughout the hotel plenty of sunbeds what ever time of day we will definitely return

Room Tip: We had a fantastic room on 4th floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

dear miss Linda,

Thank you very much for your short, but so positive review!
I am happy to see you have apreciated our hotel, staff and our services, and that you have enjoyed your time here with us, as that is our main goal.
Come back soon!

uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We are a young couple who stayed at the Elba from 18th Sept - 3rd Oct, we landed late and got a taxi to the hotel for less than 10 euros.
We checked in quickly and found or room easily, the room was spacey and clean. We had booked half board so had breakfast and Dinner at the hotel with the option of changing diner to lunch a day in advance. All meals were wonderful and there is plenty of choice! Our fav was the Asian themed night! All the staff are polite and work really hard.
There is a casino in the hotel which was good fun and a small gift shop.

The beach is small but clean and your expected to pay 3euro per bed/umbrella, the pool area is nice and big but people do reserve sunbeds especially the few around the umbrellas.
The day before we left, whilst packing I noticed a few items of clothing and glasses missing that we had bought as presents. I informed them at reception and they said 'It could have been the cleaner', they would check the laundry and I should go back later to see if they had found anything.. as expected they hadn't found anything and instead of an apology we were told that the maid had probably confused the clothes with bed linen. Whatever excuse they use i think its very unacceptable

If you visit this hotel be sure to visit 'Ocean view' in the atlantico center and Fado rock steak house in the main area of the town. Also Oasis park is well worth the 40min bus ride!

All in all - great holiday, except our belongings going missing!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
dear miss Haley,

Thank you very much for the review about hotel Elba carlota.
I am very happy to see you have enjoyed your holidays with us, as that is what we try to achieve for all of our guests.
I am sorry to see about the problem with your clothes.
I can inform you that we keep a strict protocol on any objects found on hotel grounds.
Sometimes it does happen that the cleaningladies clean the bedlinnen and accidenly take something laying on the bed.
Our washing gets washed in a laundry service outside the hotel, and after informing I am sorry to say that nothing was found.
I apoligise for the inconveniece and hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you during your next stay.

Director.

Been to Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your experiences!