“gutted i can't get there within our budget this september” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elba Carlota

You added Hotel Elba Carlota to your Saves list
Hotel Elba Carlota
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Jandia Km. 11 | Fuerteventura Golf Resort, 35610 Antigua, Fuerteventura, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Antigua
Newcastle
“gutted i can't get there within our budget this september”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

we first went to the elba carlota after it had just opened, having previousley stayed at the elba sara, lets not mess about, we love this hotel. i speak some spanish but the staff are brilliant and helpful and gave my wife the confidence to try some spanish.
My 3 yr old daughter refers to the hotel as her pool house. she really thinks she lives there. we had a junior suite in february which was superb but having had pool rooms twice before these are also excellent.
i'm currently looking at resorts nearer my budget and just can't find anywhere as good so i'm trying to persuade my wife to spend the extra £500 and go here. I only get two weeks off a year and this place is where I want to be.

the beach is brilliant, the pool superb and the staff excellent.

fingers crossed you'll be reading my review in a few weeks if I can persuade her.

Room Tip: the plants are watered with reused water, it can smell so avoid the gardens in the early morning. p...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for your nice words, but above all thanks for your confidence in us! Customers like you give us the strength to continue to improve day by day. As you said, this is your home, and hope to see you soon!
Thank you again.

Director.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

My family and I have just returned home from a two week Summer Holiday at the Elba Carlota. The hotel is situated on Fuerteventura in a Resort called ''Caleta De Fuste''.

Upon Arrival at the hotel we were greeted by a Friendly English speaking receptionist, Our room wasn't ready when we arrived (as we had an early flight) However, they allowed us to put our bags in the Luggage room and help ourselves to drinks in the bar / lunch in the restaurant (As we were All inclusive).

About an hour later our room was ready, we were issued with our key cards & All inclusive wristbands.

A great asset to this hotel is that when you walk to your room for corridors are actually open air. The corridors go round in a rectangular shape with exotic plants and palm trees in its open air centre, with glass lifts running up / down. A really nice touch!

I had a twin room with a good sized balcony over looking the hotel pool. The room was modern, Air conditioned, Had a Television (with a few english channels: BBC news, ITV, Channel 4) and on suit bathroom with Toilet, be-day, sink, shower and pull out mirror. The Room also had a desk with chair, cupboards, luggage rack and a safe (available for a fee)

The hotel has three swimming pools; Two main ones and a children's pool. They is also a Jacuzzi too! The seating area around the pool area was always busy (but never crowded). A great thing about the Hotel's pool area was that the Classic ''Fuerteventura breeze'' was not really felt around the pool as it's not as exposed. They was also a pool side bar that sold the usual Fruit Juice, cocktails, water etc, It was great been able to just help yourself to chilled water from here (all Inclusive).

The beach is very close to the hotel, you just walk past the pool area, through the hotels gardens, through a electronic gate and your at the beach. The beach was clean and tranquil. It had its own bay area, so the sea was always calm making it ideal for young children. They is a small walkway out in to the bay with a little bar at the end. Something worth knowing is that the beach is a little Breezy (However, all beaches in Fuerteventura are, as the island is known for its cooling breeze) The breeze however is really pleasant and never makes you feel cold, The island is always sunny and warm even with its breeze.

The food in the Hotel was great, Good quality and Healthy(ish) (Served as a buffet). They didn't serve up junk food so to speak. Lunch and Dinner consisted of Salads, Fresh meats, Pasta's, Potatoes, Fish, Peas, Carrots & the odd pizza. Dessert was great for those with a sweet tooth (Ice cream, mini cakes etc), but fresh fruit was available too. At breakfast you helped yourself to drinks but at lunch and dinner the waiters brought them to your table. The hotel is very generous to its all inclusive guests as you could have champagne if you liked with dinner free of charge to All inclusive guests (normally All inclusive hotels let you have the basics for free but expect you to pay for more executive beverages such as champagne) So another great touch there! Only slight gripe is that the waitress service was sometimes a little slow when it came to clearing empty plates from your table.

The hotel also had a bar which we went to almost every evening, often we would sit out on its elevated terrace over looking the pool! (Drinks were free here to All inclusive guests until 23.00) Drinks available included Juices, cocktails, whiskeys and beers.

Stayed here in August for two weeks. The weather was great, Caleta de fuste is a quite resort & very relaxing. The Transfer time from the Airport to Hotel is only 15 Minutes. The hotel is under a Flight path - Aircraft's landing at Fuerteventura often pass over the Hotel. However No Planes could be heard at night. To be honest I didn't really mind planes passing over the Hotel.

The Hotel also has a Spa, However, I didn't use so can't comment on this.

The hotel is next to a shopping centre called the Atlantico centre, (go out the hotel, turn left and walk for about 1min and its on your left) This shopping centre has a Spar supermarket and a very useful English speaking Excursion centre, were you can book excursions to say Lanzarote or quad biking in the sand dunes & many more. We booked our day trip to Lanzarote here; It only cost £30 per person return, this included return coach transfer to Corralejo and a return ferry ticket!

I would advise you book excursions at the Excursion centre mentioned above and NOT via the hotel as the reception staff's knowledge of the excursions isn't as great as that in the excursion centre.

The main shopping street of Caleta de Fuste is actually not near the Harbour, get a taxi to Hotel Barcelo then with your back facing the hotel entrance turn left and walk for 1min, you then see the main street on your left. We used to walk to this main street every evening (took about 45mins gentle walking and got a taxi back for 3 euro). Taxis in Fuerteventura are cheap.

This is the first time I have been on an All-inclusive holiday (Normally go Half Board) However, I think now I will continue to go All inclusive as it Saves you buying drinks at dinner time in the hotel, having to buy your lunch somewhere at lunch time.
With All inclusive you can get free drinks at the poolside bar, free drinks in the hotel bar, Along with having the piece of mind knowing that all meal times won't cost you any money.

I Would Certainly return to the Elba Carlota

We Booked this Holiday Via Travelrepublic - I would recommend them, as they often get the best deals at quality hotels, you can also book Full package holidays with them, Like I did.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Sir / Madame,

I have no words to thank this comment as complete, it really is a pleasure to have guests like you that give meaning to our work and our daily effort. Thanks for being with us and for sharing your experience.
I hope not to have to spend a lot of time to see you again in the Elba Carlota!

essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

we have just returned from our second break here. we found all staff to be friendly and helpful but smiling at them and speaking to them in the odd word of Spanish helps, i couldn't believe the amount of people that were rude to the staff!
we didn't use the bar or evening entertainment so cant comment on those.

food was varied and always warm, there are regular theme nights and if you don't like those other dishes always available, if you want English food then don't book for meals here is all i can say, there seems to be lots of people complaining about the food but you are abroad. the kids meals meant that my fussy daughter could always find something if nothing else took her fancy. breakfast was my favourite meal of the deal so many different things to choose from. there was the odd fly at evening meal but a lot less than other hotels abroad that ive seen and even if England when its hot you get the odd fly buzzing around.

the entertainments team work very hard in the day, they put announcements out in many different languages and wander past your loungers to try to get you to join in the activities.

the hotel keep the sun loungers locked until about 9, if you want one with a parasol then make sure you are out there otherwise there will only be ones left in the sun. we are a family that like to get out there early and make the most of the day so it worked for us.

our room was spotless at all times, the bed throw was often left in the shape of a bow. we were ground floor so our view was slightly obscured by a big palm tree but the gardens add to the beauty of the place so i am not going to complain.

we cant wait to return!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir / Madam

I'm really grateful for your comments, I and the whole team of Elba Carlota are delighted with your words because you've valued our daily effort, for us nothing is more important than the satisfaction of our customers.
I hope you come back soon and I will be happy to welcome you personally.

Essex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

It always takes me weeks to find the perfect holiday and thought we had hit the jackpot having read all the reviews of the Carlota. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a senior suite. This would have been great save for the lack of wardrobe space. I ended up keeping all my clothes in a TV unit as there was not enough wardrobe space for the 4 of us. The bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi bath. Problem was the drainage was poor so we couldnt run any of the taps together as the drains couldnt cope so the water came up though the overflow in the floor. The bath was also not water tight so we always had a leak. The drains also couldnt cope with the shower pressure so we were always ankle deep in water when showering. There was a long black hair in the corner of the bathroom when we arrived. It was still there when we left 11 days later. I left it there to see if it would be swept up.
The pool area was great but plenty of plastic cups blowing about during the day. The staff would walk past them rather than pick them up. A Maintainance man walked past the bottom of our sun lounger with a broken flourescent light tube. Loads of shards of glass fell on the floor. He picked up a few bits leaving hundreds of shards behind. We had to get the bar staff to clear it up.
On another day my daughter cut her foot in the pool so I alerted reception. The response was a thumbs up, a shrug and "sorry".
On our third night there the countrys equivilant of the V festival was being heard in the next door commercial centre. This meant we had thumping mustic from 9pm until 5am. I went to reception at 3am to be told there was nothing they could do as it was an organised event. My entire family were kept awake for most of the night.
The food was nice except for the Chinese night. The food was always plentiful and varied. For the first few days there were plently of flies but they seemed to have gone for the second part. There is a microwave which i used for every hot meal as it does tend to go a bit cold. On the occasional night it was hard to get a drink as the waiters were either busy or not paying enough attention.
The beach was fantastic, the local town very small and very unimpressive.
Sorry to sound like a misog, I know others were totally bowled over by this place, it just didnt do it for me. They just lacked a bit of care and attention round the place.
Animation team were absolutely great. Can't fault them one bit.

Dear Sir / Madam

I deeply regret not having lived up to your expectations and your opinion about our hotel is negative but nevertheless continue to work hard to improve and it will not happen again discussed the facts. Our guests come first and I would like to re-charge your confidence in us.
I hope you can accept my sincere apologies.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We have just returned from here (12th august) having stayed 1 week.
Ok ill start with the positives-

- Great location, Beach, shops, casino, even a Mcdonalds all on your doorstep literally.
- Perfect weather, some might say they don't like the drafty winds but i prefer it in the sun 32'c
heat every day.
- Rooms are spacious and cleaned daily.

Now i have to give the negatives-
- We booked for 2 adults and my son, but unfortunately he could not make it as passport office were busy during olympics, the lady at thomsons check in asked for his whereabouts, but it wasnt the same at the hotel reception, they didn't even ask once where he was or offer a refund or discount for his booking. Not great awareness at all.
- Unless you are French you wont understand what the entertainment staff are saying.
- Bar staff slow to understand English.
- Restaurant staff service so slow with drinks it was actually quicker to make them myself.
- Restaurant food was nowhere near a 4* hotel ive ate better at some 3* places,the quality was never consistent, one day you had ok but not great food then the next you would have bland tasteless food, they under cook the burgers and chicken and overcook beef (veal), one evening was a chinese themed night which was just some prawn crackers and dodgy looking sweet and sour chicken along with spring rolls which i must express they actually served them again for breakfast the next day!! I was virtually living off chips and garlic sauce. Breakfast wasn't so bad but don't touch the sausages as they were like eating quorn meat, fried eggs were the only real deal as the scrambled eggs were powdered, pancakes was the best thing but had to wait for them in the queue.
- Was given a room which faced the underground car park of the shops which also had damage to the bath so was then given another room on ground floor which promised a pool view, well all we could see was a giant plant in front of the terrace and cigarette ends everywhere.
- As for the all inclusive wristbands at check out time do not take them off until your coach arrives we didn't and wasn't asked to either just be out of your rooms at 12, then you can still eat/drink in the restaurant.

Summary - Overall this is a nice family hotel but definitely not 4*, they need to change the food and speed up staff, i feel that this is a hotel for mainly French tourists and being British you were kind of left out of the loop and felt awkward at times having to keep asking people to talk in English as to understand.If this hotel was 3* and cheaper it would be worth it but sadly we will not be returning here in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for Ground floor as its easier to get to restaurant/beach/pool everything.
Dear Sir / Madam

I deeply regret not having lived up to your claims. Our intention at all times is to satisfy all our guests. We take note of your comments and I will launch every effort to not happen again the facts described above. I hope to trust us again in the future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We recently spent 2 weeks here and we had a fantastic time. The pool area was always clean and tidy and they unlocked the sunbeds at 9:15 so no need to reserve them at the crack of dawn! The pools were fantastic and the aqua aerobics put on by the animation team was great. the animation team mainly speak french but they were absolutely great! The shows they put on themselves were excellent, although ones put on by outsiders weren't so good. The staff are very friendly and we had a glass of champagne on arrival - it was very welcome after a long day of travelling! Facilities are great and there was always plenty to do. The beach is superb (just out the back gates). We also had an amazing view of the pools/sea which was great as we didn't pay extra for one! However, i was a little dissapointed to find out the spa wasn't onsite and in the next village but we didn't end up using it. After a very enjoyable visit there's no doubt we will return!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor, room 535, if you want the best view that's the room you want
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ELBACARLOTA, Gerente at Hotel Elba Carlota, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear sir / madame,

I wanted to thank you for the comment as these words are the best reward for our efforts. The satisfaction of our guests comes first for us and we could not ask for anything better than the recognition of our work.
I am sorry that there has been a misunderstanding with the Spa, as it is located right next to the hotel, so surely can enjoy it when you get back! Thank you again.

Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Returned on the 28th july after a overall excellent holiday!!
Been to Fuertventura a few times and this is by far the best!! excellent location and hotel!!
Only thing negative i have to say is - the hotel cut your wrist bands of at 12pm on the day your going home - well im sorry but if your all inclusive you should get it until the bus picks you up???
and secondly - the entertain team really only speak in french so the english dont really know whats going on!!! Apart from that hotel lovely, excellent- would defo go back again
michelle

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear madame,

Thank you very much for writing this review, we are very happy that you spent a great holiday and above all that you have decided to go back to visit, so I will be happy to welcome you personally and will continue working to constantly improve our services.

Director.

Been to Hotel Elba Carlota? Share your experiences!