“Well, I booked a return today :-)” 5 of 5 stars

Vera Playa Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Specialty Hotel   |   Parque Acuatico Vera, 04620 Vera, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Specialty lodging in Vera
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Well, I booked a return today :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

A lot of people have given the basics here so I'll keep it brief:

1. Property is spotless, gardens are fantastic and the pool is very nice.
2. Staff are outstanding (only one guy on the grill let them down with frozen steaks, check..)
3. Rooms are fine, clean, and spacious. Beds a little on the hard side (always something...:-)
4. The air con works :-)
5. The water pressure was fantastic (on the ground floor)
6. Meals were ok, plenty of choice but buffet style rather than restuarant
7. On all inclusive (recommend it) I was surprised to be handed a bottle of wine with lunch and be given the bottle to finish in my room
8. Entertainment is ok - really just nice to relax outside at the end of the day
9. Nothing much on the strip (that we fancied anyhow) but Garruche is worth a visit - lots of spanish restaurants, will return this time.

Nice mix of people from all nationalities. A place to relax and get some peace, not a lot of shouting and music noise. See you at the end of August

Room Tip: Room Tip - study/studio rooms have a small kitchenette and fridge, the fridge was handy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
P-Stor, Gerente at Vera Playa Club Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
DearGuest,
It is a pleasure for us to know that your staying at our hotel was as nice as you says. Your comment makes us proud of the work done daily, with the sole purpose of meeting the needs of our guests.
All your kind comments make us proud of our work in team, and we want to thank you the time you have spend to show how good time you had with us.
We stay in your entire disposal and hope that you return to visit us in other occasions, meanwhile we will continue working in achieving our goal that is that our guests enjoy their stay along their holiday in our establishment.

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We paid quite alot for this holiday. For a two week stay all inclusive it was £950 each. We brought our own towels so we didn't have to pay for hotel towels. The sun loungers by the pool did hurt my back after a while. The room was big and had a huge round bath and a little kitchenette even though we we all inclusive. So we could go to the supermarket which was within walking distance and buy our own food. The food was good in the restaurant and was good quality. My only criticism was that the staff although were attentive to my partner, ignored me. It would probably be better also if the drinks were on tap, rather than having to be served with bottled drinks by the waitresses. One day In the restaurant I was sitting at our table and one of the waitresses came over and started talking to me in spanish, saying "Comida, comida". i didn't know what she was saying. Apparently it turned out I was sitting on the wrong side of the restaurant. I was amazed that they were so off hand. In general the bar staff and restaurant staff were not very nice to me and seemed to concentrate their attentions on my partner! We could also go to the beach which was great and we brought our own beach shelter for that (like a tent). The staff on reception were very helpful and polite and spoke good English. The nearest Chemists and cash machine is in Palomares 2km away and we walked there. There is a nice restaurant on the way back where they speak good English.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
I would like to thank you for your comments, as it is through them the best way we can improve the quality of our service, understanding the perception of our product and most important the quality and friendly service we provide.
I am confused about the situation you describe in restaurant, because I think that was a misunderstanding between you and a waitress that maybe couldn’t speak good English. Please, if you note this at any other time, contact a manager at restaurant or with recepcion and we solve that situation in the same moment.
I notice you really enjoyed your staying with us, and it is good to know.

We thank you for your comments to which we will bear your impressions in mind, we will work in improving the marked points in order that in a next visit your perception of the products received is totally satisfactory.

Ramat Gan, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Over the past decade or so, I have visited this hotel 7 or 8 times. The fact that I returned each time is an indication that I enjoyed my previous stay(s). However the honeymoon is over. I will not return.

I will begin with the positive: the buffet meals were always excellent and remain so. These meals are enormous (at least as enormous as the diner wishes to make them), varied (something for everyone), and very tasty. I compliment the kitchen staff on producing such meals, of such high quality each time. For me, two meals a day (half board) was more than enough. It is what I have always taken and would recommend this for potential guests.

But the gist of this review is the decline of what was once a pleasant hotel. First, on check-in I requested beach towels (a not unreasonable request considering that all they offer is pool and beach), and was told for the first time that I would have to leave a 10 Euro deposit for each towel. I assumed that this was to prevent stealing, but then I was told that each time I changed a (dirty for clean) towel it would cost me one Euro. Ladies and gentlemen, this is allegedly a 4 star hotel, who ever heard of charging for changing a towel? I was advised to take two towels, and I soon learned why, the towels are much too small to cover the sunbeds that the hotel has placed at the pool, and to do so, two towels are needed. This idea of charging for changing towels can be developed for additional facilities, for example the guest could be given the choice of a bed with no sheets (free), with used sheets (small fee) and with clean sheets (large fee). Perhaps a deposit could be requested for the drinking glasses that are in the room.

I asked whether the hotel now has Wifi (it didn't last time I was there), and I was told that they indeed had it (as does every other hotel that I have visited in Spain in the past two years). Further, it was free if used in the lobby for up to an hour a day, but above that hour or if used in the guest's room, there was a charge. Is this a four star hotel? I have had the good fortune to reside in many hotels in Spain ranging from 2 to 4 stars, and in the past few years have never been charged for wifi or limited in the amount of usage.

I have always had to leave a deposit for the key to a room safe. I really never thought about it, but under the circumstances, I have been forced to think about this and realized that I have not had to do so in any other hotel in which I have resided in Spain. Further, they charged 21 Euro for 4 days for use of the safe in the room (on which I placed a deposit for the key). Four star hotel my foot. They should be ashamed.

The bathroom accessories have been scaled down. They currently are appropriate for a 2 or 3 star hotel.

The activities provided by the "animacion" staff are not to my taste, but there are guests who avail themselves thereof, and so I will not criticize. However, the evening "entertainment" is about as low as you can go, and exists mainly to get guests to sit in the evening and order drinks.

In almost every hotel in Spain that I have visited, they have traditionally had a plate containing small hard candies. This hotel used to have them, but they have been cut back. And while the small candies neither make nor break the quality of a hotel stay, their absence is symbolic of what management is apparently trying to do. And if I am on the subject of cutting back, the dining room (which I complimented above) has ended the coffee service that they used to have at breakfast. In the past the waiting staff would ask whether you wanted coffee or tea, and then bring the hot beverage in insulated plastic coffee pots containing three or four cups. This has gone the way of the dodo bird, and the guest is now expected to go to a big coffee urn and pour his own coffee. In fairness, I did not note a decline in the quality of the coffee itself.

I am pleased to note that the inadequate quantity of salt and pepper shakers on the table does not symbolize a decline in the food service. This situation has existed for a long time. The enterprising diner will either choose a table that has these shakers, or will take them from another table.

In summary, over the years I had many a good time at the Vera Playa Club Hotel. However, the world is dynamic and in flux, as is said hotel. I will not return, and I will not patronize any hotels run by the Senator Hotel chain, for as we commonly say in my country, the fish stinks from the head.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This has to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed in allied with a poor experience. I booked in advance to save money and arrived a day late, I had informed the HQ but this didn't seen to make any difference, pandemonium on arrival as the hotel decided to up the rate, never mind after a 40 minute check in I was given a room key. On entrance to the
room it had been recently cleaned the cleaner had left a bucket and rancid cloth by the side of the bed for me. The tired decor didn't bother me but the broken door lock, none functioning toilet and AC and missing light bulbs were pretty unacceptable! To be fair all got fixed promptly except the AC and I got on with my day. The pool area was absolutely packed the only free sun beds in the crowd were covered in bird crap, most if not all of the sun beds I tried were worn out and had given up any kind of support, excruciating on the back and generally poor. Breakfast was a hideous event with poor quality food and 10-15 minute queues for an omelette. The whole naturist thing is great and i love it and enjoy the remoteness of naturist beaches but the sight of octogenarians walking around all areas of the hotel the was slightly random, I won't dwell on this but will continue in the future to book into normal hotels and not the freakish vera playa club. After a day and a half i decided enough was enough, checked out bought some speedos and went in my car to Mojacar, it would be pointless to complain when the hotel was heaving and all seemed accepting of the conditions. As I sit tonight fully clothed drinking rose and eating grilled sole I can only think back on the experience with a smile. I should have checked the negative feedback most of which is up to date. Should you wish to let it all hang out get a nice hotel and commute, please do not stay at the vera play club hotel it's dreadful!
Toilet broken
Light broken
Door lock broken
Air con broken
Shabby everywhere
Old needs a refurb
Dreadful breakfast
Queues all of the time
Cramped to within a a foot of most of the naked guests at the pool: Awful.

I haven't been emotive with my feedback just honest. Be warned this
Place is awful. The only positive was the staff who were lovely, I speak great Spanish but I couldn't be bothered to complain, I happily accepted my part refund and made a hasty retreat, please don't make the same mistake as me!

• Stayed June 2013
Stone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our holiday at the Vera Playa was fantastic. The hotel was clean and the facilities were great. Thanks to the friendliness and the staff we all had a wonderful time. Although all the staff were friendly and helpful we would like to especially say thank you to Miguel, Sarah and Ali in the restaurant as they made our son very welcome and feel special. The animation team of Lidia and Mary-Lu helped to make the days and evening a fun time for everyone.

Don't believe the wingers in other reviews who complain about the food. The menu is varied and delicious with lots of traditional Spanish dishes. Carmen cooks a perfect egg and bacon in the mornings.

Not even one mosquito bite between the three of us in two weeks. How good is that!

This was not our first time at this hotel and it definitely won't be our last.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
P-Stor, Gerente at Vera Playa Club Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guests,

I appreciate your comments that proffers to our establishment, and to our staff and I will personally convey and send you this comment, because our interest is simply to make all our guests leaving the hotel with a wonderful souvenir of your vacation.

Our bufet, as you kindly say, is varied and delicious. We offer everyday the best dishes, showcooking and deserts in a good presentation.

We once again thank you and are looking forward welcoming you to any of our establishments.

Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Located at the northern end of Vera Playa, this specialist naturist hotel adjoins other naturist residential developments fronting the beach. So, the naturist theme is strong both in and around the hotel, to include the nearby bars on the beach.

The pool area is fantastic. The pool has differing depths, flumes, a central island and waterfalls. The surrounds are full of lovely palm trees offering full sun or shade to the area. Because of the shape of the building the pool area is protected from the coastal winds that whipped up each afternoon during the visit.

The restaurant area has an indoor seating area or an open terrace fronting the beach.

This is a great place to be in good weather. The whole experience of the stay was relaxing and enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
P-Stor, Gerente at Vera Playa Club Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guests,

First of all thank you for your comments, because it is the best way to learn about the experiences of our guests during your holiday.

We are very proud of our complex, and we enjoy when our guests spend their holidays having a good time. Our poolarea and the palms are made to offer you the best experience whatever the weather is.

The restaurant situation offers you both possibilities, in or outside. It is always nice to have
lunch overlooking the sea.

manfromkent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks holiday all inclusive. Before going we had read some negative reviews of this hotel so wasn't sure what to expect. Both my wife and I were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was kept spotless, the staff were excellent always attentive, serving you quickly and efficiently, nothing was too much trouble. The service was better than other 4 star hotels we have stayed in Spain. Many of the guests return year after year and I can understand why. Lots of different nationalities and no lager louts our idea of a great holiday. You can eat in the restaurant walk out of the door and be on the beach in less than a minute.
We had no complaints whatsoever and will be returning soon !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
P-Stor, Gerente at Vera Playa Club Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please Know that it is our aim that you spend the best days of your holidays with us and this is what we are working for and trying to improve every day.

Gerente Vera Playa Club Hotel

Been to Vera Playa Club Hotel? Share your experiences!