“Perfect place for private relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Zoa Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cerrada del Museo de la Tortuga, Mazunte 70946, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Mazunte
Mexico City, Mexico
“Perfect place for private relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I had the opportunity to stay last December at Zoa and the experience was just remarcable. This small boutique hotel it is located in a kind of small private bay in a mountain. The whole hotel it is built from the top of the hill till the beach in different terraces and all cabañas have different views to the Pacific Ocean ane each of one views are just breathtaking.

About the ambience, I felt like I was in my own private house at the beach. You never feel interrupted in your relaxing moments neither disturbed, it is the perfect place for all those people who likes privacy and idea of feeling safe home. There is also the possibility to book Yoga classes and massages in a very afordable prices. There is nothing else you can ask for a trip at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
zoahotel, Gerente at Zoa Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of Zoa, I would like to personally thank you for your gracious comments. We value all feedback and are pleased you enjoyed the gorgeous views, manicured grounds, and the calming atmosphere found throughout Zoa. We’re thrilled you enjoyed the high-quality service offered by each member of our staff and that you were able to relax while staying with us. We look forward to having you back with us, so please let us know if we can be of any assistance in planning your next getaway to Zoa.

Mario Islas

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

My girlfriend and I like to travel through Mexico looking for unique spots, diffrerent experiencies. Zoa was just that and something more.
It is a small luxury hotel with affordable prices. The location is incredible with breath taking views and its hidden. The service is excellent, the staff is very freindly, the food is wonderful and they spoiled us, we felt like home. We stayed in a circular suite on top of a cliff at the oceanfront. We had the nicest moments ever up there, and we rested like never before. The terrace was circular as well so we could see the auditorium with a couple listening to a jazz band and having a picnic, another couple swimming in the pool that overhangs a cliff, then the ocean with a small coral reef, some divers snorkeling, San Agustinillo beach, and the waves gently splashing some rocks coming out of the ocean, then we had an amazing view of Maznute Beach and the sunset behind Punta Cometa, mexico´s southernmost point. That afternoon we had a massage therapy and our minibar filled, some margaritas with mezcal for her and I had a 23 year old rum that is delicious, I never seen one of those anywhere! We were happy, and loose having a great time. I had no worries, no concerns, no fears, I finally popped the question, I was feeling my best ever so I knew I have to marry her, and that Zoa is the place to do it! Thank you! I´ll be down there soon!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Zoa Hotel when it just opened and we had the best time ever. The hotel only has 5 hidden bedrooms/cabanas and we were able to try two of them. The first one was the situated at the highest point in the hotel, top of the hill. The view was just fantastic, you can see small eagles and other birds flying, just seat on the chair on your own terrace, ask for a margarita and enjoy your time. The view over Mazunte is also breathtaking. We moved to the other bedroom/cabana that has the view over the Pacific. The bedroom/cabana has been built so you can have sunrise in your bedroom. One of the most beautiful hotel I have been to. For me, Zoa hotel reminded of a mix between Goldeneye Hotel in Ocho Rios, Jamaica (for the views) and Chateau Marmont in LA (for the quietness, hidden aspect). No kids, no crowds, breathtaking views over the Pacific, you can go there and hole up for couple of days with your partner and you will have the best time. But it will only take you 5 min to walk down to the beach of Tranquility for a swim in beautiful waters. We also loved the concept where you can request the chef to cook whatever you want for lunch and dinners. Fish and meat are fantastic, the pommes frites and fish tacos were out of this world. It is also the best table in Mazunte and San Agustinillo. The infinity pool with its salted water is very nice when the temp reaches 90F. Just enjoy the deck chair and your margarita. Each room has AC, fan which makes it very nice in Mazunte at any time of the year, wifi, water in the fridge. You can ask Paco, Adriana or Romero for a mosquito net if you need one. The hotel is located between San Agustinillo and Mazunte which makes it very handy. On the things that could be improved, the water is not super hot in the morning as it works on solar panel. It is OK by 10am. Prices are very competitive for this kind of luxury hotel, around US$ 200 per night. Breakfast around US$7, Lunches from $9, dinner around $25 per person.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Zoa Hotel? Share your experiences!