“Fantastic Gluten Free Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Halesworth
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: Edwards is a small family run restaurant/cafe right in the middle of Halesworth serving traditional homemade lunches cakes and pastries all food is made fresh on the premises.We offer free wifi. And we also have a alcohol licences.We do Not open evenings.
Cheshire
“Fantastic Gluten Free Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had heard about Edwards from this site and were keen to see if it lived up to its reputation on a recent holiday in the area. My husband is gluten free and really misses a proper full English breakfast whenever we stay anywhere. There were 5 of us on our visit, 2 adults and three children, we all opted for a breakfast and the friendly waitress was more than happy to swap some of the items around for a slightly picky children. The food was well cooked and delicious, my husbands breakfast came with gluten free sausages and toast something he can rarely have when we're out! The waitress was extremely friendly and attentive without being to over the top and we did have a conversation with the very friendly owner who was keen to ensure we were OK and had everything we needed. The price was very reasonable and it was a really excellent place to eat, just a shame we live so far away!

Visited August 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Excellent breakfast, good roasts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Regularly have breakfast and lunch here certainly the best cooked breakfast in halesworth can be found here and also the best value . The sunday roasts are good too but you need to book. Good selection of gluten free food and most ingredients are locally sourced.

• Visited August 2013
Halesworth, United Kingdom
“Sunday Roast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had Sunday Roast on Sunday 24th August, my was it good. Nice big plateful, excellent flavour and cooked to perfection. Get your selves there and try it you will not be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
“A Wheat-Free Paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Having read the reviews of Edwards, I was surprised that there aren't more mentions of it's gluten-free menu. I cannot eat wheat and eating out is often a challenge but not here. I often travel from Lowestoft to Edwards just to have the wonderful gluten-free vegetable lasagne, something I've never seen before on any restaurant menu. I was also surprised to be offered a choice of brown or white bread when ordering a toastie - it's usually white or nothing. They also do gluten-free yorkshire puds with their Sunday roast as well as a selection of desserts and cake.
I would advise anyone to book in advance if going on a summer lunchtime though as it gets very busy. If you want a very nice meal in a friendly eatery and are not in a hurry or bothered about having posh decor or a scenic view, this is the place to eat in Halesworth.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Suffolk
“Edwards do it perfectly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had a coffee and a cake whilst off to see a client in Halesworth. All the cakes looked lovelly and the coffee was perfect. The service was quick and efficient and I had a chat with the owners, what nice people.

Next week I was back, more coffee and cake, this time sitting outside "cafe" style watching the world go by.

So each time I am in Halesworth I go for a coffee at Edwards.

• Visited July 2013