“Brilliant!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Halesworth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery
Description: Edwards is a small family run eatery right in the middle of Halesworth, serving traditional homemade lunches cakes and pastries all food is made fresh on the premises, we offer a large selection of Gluten Free and free wifi. We also have a alcohol licences.We do Not open evenings.
Halesworth, null, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I regularly go to Edwards for breakfast and lunch! Great atmosphere, friendly staff and a fantastic environment to eat! All cooked to perfection!
Thank you! Keep up the good work! xx

• Visited July 2013

“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I work at the local bank in halesworth and regularly visit Edwards for lunch an will ring up in the morning to book my order and they will have it ready for when my lunch break begins, they do amazing sandwiches ad jacket potatoes which are done to perfection just how I like it and not overly expensive they are very good value for the service they provide to customers, when I'm serving customers in the bank I will recommend going to Edwards as iv had my lunch so many times before and will recommend to everyone else! The best part about Edwards is the fresh homemade cakes they are divine! My favourite is the chocolate brownie and I also love the shortbread, will have to restrain myself or i will buy the lot! The owners are such friendly lovely people and the staff who work there really make you feel welcomed they treat you like a human being not just a paying customer! They are such lovely people and they are interested in what you have to say and care alot about their customers who use Edwards and I would always recommend Edwards as they are just perfect!

Laxfield, null, United Kingdom
“One of the Best Lunches Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Thank you to everyone at Edwards for a fantastic lunch. My friends and I usually come in for your great breakfasts, best by far in the area but today we came in for lunch.
The omelettes my friends had they said were the best omelettes they had every had, accompanied with chips and a lovely side salad. I had scampi which was cooked to perfection. The specials today were Roast chicken which smelt divine and Egg & Bacon flan.
For dessert we had double chocolate cheesecake, homemade at Edwards and it was too good to put words to it, divine just doesn't do it justice.
Anyone looking for GREAT food at sensible prices should take a trip to Edwards. Don't know if booking would be advisable as nearly all tables were booked this lunchtime but definitely worth a visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“TripAdvisor star Restaurant NOT - better than average Cafe yes.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I made a trip to Halesworth especially to sample the delights, according to TripAdvisor, of the No.1 Restaurant in Suffolk!

Located in this picturesque Suffolk countryside town high street, myself and my girlfriend were greeted by the restaurant owner who was amusing and friendly.

She proudly confirmed that her husband cooked all the food on site so we were anticipating more than the decor promised.

I had the steak and kidney pie that was fine with mashed potatoes, lacking seasoning and butter and over-cooked vegetables. My girlfriend; breaded scampi tails with chips and peas which any seasoned pub food junky would appreciate and pretty difficult to do badly.

For pudding we shared an apple pie with ice cream and birds custard (that a little cream would have lifted). I don't want to paint too bad a picture for as a café it was better than average but as a restaurant - well it isn't one.

What is remarkable is their ability to reach the top of the TripAdvisor tree.

My advice would be to open a marketing company and to give up the day job.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Karen P, Owner at Edwards, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am so sorry that you were disappointed with our eatery. We inherited the name when we brought the business 6 years ago, it has been named Edwards Restaurant for nearly 40 years, and have been contemplating changing the name to just “Edwards” for some months, and with your comments we think this would be a good idea as we are not quite a restaurant as we do sell cakes and pastries, but we do table service so we do not class ourselves as a café, we are just a good honest home cooked eatery.
Our mashed potato is made with butter and cream and we try to not over season our food but offer salt and pepper on the table for our customers to season them. I would agree that our vegetables are cooked a little bit more than other eatery’s as we have several compliments that our vegetables aren’t al dente.
Hopefully by making this simple change it will in future avoid any future customers being disappointed. Our ability to reach the top of the Trip Advisor tree is because of our previous reviews.
Huntingfield, null, United Kingdom
“Ladies that lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've lived local for over a year but never eaten in Edwards, until today! I had a beautiful ham salad and glass of wine with a friend, very reasonable price and a lovely relaxing homely atmosphere, will definitely become a regular! Next time I will be sampling something delicious and sweet, maybe with the children if they are lucky!

Karen P, Owner at Edwards, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I am pleased you enjoyed you lunch, we offer the smaller size meals that are very popular at lunch time. We do not do a children's menu as find the smaller portions of anything on the menu covers all ages.