John and his partner have recently taken over the New Inn, Winchelsea and, from what the locals say and what we have just witnessed first-hand, he is making a success of it. A warm welcome and a very reasonably priced room, which includes a first class breakfast. Characterful and comfortable bar, with roaring log fire. We dined in the busy restaurant section and the food was plentiful and good. We enjoyed a quiz night there, which was good fun and got people talking to each other. Occasionally they have some live music, such as a pianist. The New Inn seems to be a hit with everyone. We wish them good luck and will certainly be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The warmest of welcomes awaits you at the New Inn. This 18th century coaching inn in the ancient town of Winchelsea offers beautiful boutique letting rooms, delicious traditional British pub food including local specialities, real ales, a great selection of international wines and spirits, plus a log fire in the winter and an extensive beer garden for the summer. We are also dog and child friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your New Inn Winchelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Inn Winchelsea Hotel Winchelsea
- New Inn Winchelsea East Sussex