“Wedding Guest -” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Hitchin
Luton
“Wedding Guest -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I Would like to thank the Priory for taking the booking at pretty short notice after the other venue went bust!
I felt very welcomed upon arrival, I checked into my room found it very clean, and welcoming. The day was great from the moment I woke up until I went to bed. I found my bed very comfortable, shower was nice and hot in the morning.
The Wedding meal itself was very nice, all the staff helped out and made the service of the food delivered to our tables in quick time to serve up to more guests than you usually cater for. I could not fault the waiters or waitresses during the meal or the whole day.
Every member of staff was helpful the next morning at breakfast they came straight over and offered Tea & Coffee and invited us to help yourself to the breakfast that was on offer.

I can not fault The Priory in any way. and would like to thank the staff for all of their help over the weekend to make it a great day for the happy couple.

Room Tip: Try and get an in-house room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Yorkshire - England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Each year, TSA holds a meeting at The Priory and have been doing so now for five years. The building itself is full of character with beautiful grounds. It is very close to Hitchin Town Centre where there are a number of very good restaurants. I did use the hotel restaurant once and will not bother again. The rooms are a bit dated now and need a thorough refurb but they are comfortable enough. A great location for a conference and we will use it again next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on 19/04/13 as a wedding guest. On arrival as we drove into the car park there were sign posts for the car park directing to the back of the building which took us to a dead end which wasnt a good start and got no apology from the receptionist when confronted about it. We then checked in and the receptionist wasnt very friendly, never welcomed us and barely smiled. The room was average, the only downsides to the room was that the bed wasnt very comfortable as I woke up with backache and the pillow was hard and flat. There wasnt a view from the room unless you like looking at a fence. The taps had been switched so cold ran out of the hot tap and vice versa. The kettle was rusty inside also. The breakfast on both mornings wasnt that great especially the sausages as they were hard and not very tasty. The wedding meal itself was ok, the starter was lovely and cooked to perfection, as for the main course the pork was very fatty and the vegetables were too hard. The pudding was lovely. The worst thing for me was the service at the meal as the waiters/waitresses kept standing over my head and passing food infront of my face everytime they came over to serve making me feel very uncomfortable and when they brought the jug of coffee over again the hot jug felt just too close to my face when putting it on the table. When checking out the next day the same receptionist who checked us in was very friendly and seemed like a different person to before which was an improvement. I wont be in a rush to stay there in the future if I was down that part of the country again. Could have been worse but hopefully they will read customers feedback and improve.

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Thank you to the Hitchin Priory for helping make yesterday such a happy memorable day. You catered for a large number of people magnificently, delivering tasty, hot food promptly and clearing away efficiently. All the staff were very helpful and pleasant.
Hitchin Priory is in a stunning setting and the sun shining down enhanced that setting beautifully.
Our rooms were clean and pleasant and the bed was comfy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Reception staff - needs to cheer up and learn a little customer service.

Location - looks nice, despite the sign to carpark sending us to a dead end. On the outside it appears like a nice location.

Room - double bed is small, view from window was a well ronsealed 6ft mahogany fence 3 ft away. If you have an iron deficiency your in look as the kettle coil is as rusty as a wreck on the seabed. Low amount of tea/coffee/wash gels etc. the taps have been tampered with (our hot was cold and cold was hot). Nice to know if your thirsty and fancied some water.

Il write another review when I arrive home in full on food etc. il copy this review in too but so far I'd say I'm not overly happy with value for money.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

I can't fault this hotel for location but other than that its value for money at best. Service was good but it just doesn't do justice to the look of the venue, nor the pretty town of Hitchin. A make over would transform the place. However, would I stay here again? Yes, for its location alone.

Morpeth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I,m pleased Thierry was on duty when we booked in otherwise our rating would have been lower.
He was welcoming friendly and professional.The hotel is well positioned on the edge of the town centre.It is beautiful building set in wonderful parkland and could be an outstanding venue BUT the group that own it need to invest in some TLC and upgrade to lose it,s tired appearance.

Room Tip: The rooms in thePriory building itself have more character but do seem smaller than those in the ann...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hitchin Priory? Share your experiences!