“Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I've been here a fair few times over the past few years.
It's okay... The food is usually tasty and the menu has a good amount of options.
I feel like the service used to let it down the most but it's improved which is a good sign! Good work!
I think the vouchers make it worth while cost wise!
Keep up the good work and improving!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Slow service and disappointing...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We went for our nieces 16th birthday meal (her choice of restaurant) mid week and was left disappointed by Prezzo Hitchin. The restaurant itself looks very good and the table layout is spacious and uncluttered.

However the service was slow, sloppy and unfriendly. There seemed to be a shortage of waiting staff and those that were there, didn't seem to want to be! The food itself was fine but we waited around 30 minutes for bread boards, and then another hour for our mains after a fair bit of chasing... We then ordered desserts (I really like the coffee and mini dessert idea) and after being told that there was likely to be a five minute wait, we timed them and guess what... It was actually 25 minutes before they were served.

Average food provided with good service can still be successful, but poor service with good food will always be unsatisfactory.

We will not be rushing back anytime soon.

Visited February 2014
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Went for a dinner with my partner and son. We enjoyed our meal as usual. We were served by friendly waiter. Nice and chilled atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Worst prezzo ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I ordered salmon fillet that was so hard I practically had to saw it. I asked for the sauce on the side but they put the vegetables and sauce together in a side dish. My daughter's ice cream came only with a fork and her spaghetti had no spoon to twirl the fork onto. I was offered a free pudding! Great! Total waste of money.

Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Nice meal - good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I came here for a meal with some work colleagues in December 2013. The menu was limited but a good fixed price. Food and drinks came promptly and were accurate against the order.

I would certainly visit again.

• Visited December 2013