“Beautiful Hotel and wedding venue” 5 of 5 stars

You added Offley Place Country House to your Saves list
Offley Place Country House
Kings Walden Road, Hitchin SG5 3DS, England   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hitchin
“Beautiful Hotel and wedding venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at offley place last march (2012) for our best friends wedding.
I stayed the night before with her in the bridal suite which was amazing! We ate at the green man pub which was lovely. Had breakfast at offley place the morning of the wedding which was varied and delicious.
Offley place is one of the nicest places I have stayed. The grounds are fab and the hotel stunning- perfect setting for our friends wedding. The food was so good!
Generally the whole wedding was brilliant and I think the hotel was perfect for hat they had invisaged.
My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the smaller guest rooms the night of the wedding which wasn't cheap (but one of the cheapest) it wasn't tiny but not large, still it was comfortable, clean and well presented.
Again, breakfast the following day was very nice and staff great!
Can recommend this as a perfect wedding venue and a lovely country retreat.

Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I Like Offley Manor a lot. We stayed overnight on a bright sunny day. Andy Murray won his semi, and everything in the garden was rosy. The hotel possesses an authentic charm. Ok, a bit creaky in parts, but I am pleased it is at it is, wouldn’t swap its true character It has a homely feel that sets it apart, in a friendly and genuine manner. The grounds are magnificent.Peaceful and tranquil. A Pretty and pleasing place to get married I would think.

Our spacious bedroom overlooked the view of the grounds and very comfortable with nice little welcoming touches. We slept like a log, which is I suppose the true test.

People often comment on the staff here, and deservedly so, like the building itself, they are genuine and friendly.

I must also say I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and restaurant. The chef uses good quality ingredients, cooked to a high standard and well presented. All in all, a resounding yes for Offley Manor

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hertford UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We visited the restaurant of this country hotel with a large group of 25 friends who enjoy eating in a more formal manner – crisp white tablecloths & silver service and no Muzak to interfere with any conversation!
This establishment certainly “ticked all the boxes” and the staffs were superb in their waiting skills and knowledge of the menu choices.
We were seated in the conservatory which has been built on to this quite old building and in a May evening the weather should have been much better but even so it was comfortable and warm.
The food was excellent & hence choices difficult to make!
Starters included a Tian of Smoked Salmon, Avocado & Mango (my choice & delicious) also a Terrine of Guinea Fowl & Red Pepper, a Cheddar Blue Cheese Soufflé plus a soup and a Tomato tart.
For the main course I chose “Mignon of Beef” which was cooked to perfection. The other choices were Salmon, Duck. Skate & Chicken so everyone was taken care of. We had no vegetarians on this occasion but there was an option if required.
The Desserts created another choice problem as they were all delicious & made on the premises which has unfortunately become unusual even in some of the top establishment these days.
There was no hurry to see us gone & at the right moment the correct coats (it was a cool evening) were brought to us – how do they do that? It is very impressive.
A great evening for us all & for once in this group not one complaint!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Brigg, North Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business recently one Wednesday night. On arriving I was very pleased, beautiful property and in a quiet, peaceful setting. The room was just like what is shown on the website and I couldnt of been happier. The bed was extremely comfortable. The views out the bedroom window were amazing.The receptionists were all so lovely. I liked the fact the history of the house was in the welcome folder. Breakfast was superb. All in alI a reallý lovely stay. I booked on late rooms and I would love to go back. Thank you so much

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I got married here in May and just had to write a review as my husband and I were so happy with our choice of wedding venue. The hotel is beautiful with lovely grounds. Our ceremony was in the conservatory which was a beautiful room to get married in. The food and service were amazing. The wedding co-ordinators at the venue did a great job of ensuring it all went smoothly.

We can't wait to spend our first wedding anniversary back at the hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
Hamid S, Manager at Offley Place Country House, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind comments.

We are very pleased you enjoyed the food and beauty of our venue for your wedding day and that our staff were so helpful.

Have an amazing year and we shall look forward to welcoming you back on your first wedding anniversary.
hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I have previously had dinner and drinks at offley place which have always been to a high standard. The staff here are amazing, always helpful and going that extra mile. The bedroom was massive with a spa bath and huge bed. There are a few places that maybe need a lick of paint on the stairs etc I would have thought management would have sorted this out by now as its a stunning 4* hotel and they would want to keep it that way. The waiter who works in the restaurant.. Can't remember his name but he is Italian and is fabulous at recommending wine with your meal and making sure you feel special. The fire places are a really nice touch in each room and the massive chandeliers everywhere really make it feel grand. I feel in love with this place the moment I walked in. It does need a bit of a tidy up in places but most areas are perfect .. in all the building is old and grand and the staff make you feel very welcome. Note to management get the painting and then this place would perfect!

Norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have been staying at Offley Place one to two nights per week since March whilst I have work in Hitchin. I have to say the rooms are lovely (have stayed in 3 of them) the food is gorgeous - the sausage and mash is divine! The breakfast always good and nice variety.

The staff are second to none they are all lovely - polite, funny and always very accommodating.

I will continue staying here as long as I am working in Hitchin and being over 4 months pregnant it is nice to have somewhere comfortable stay away from home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Offley Place Country House? Share your experiences!