“bank holiday break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Samlesbury Hotel

You added Samlesbury Hotel to your Saves list
Samlesbury Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Preston New Road, Samlesbury, Preston PR5 OUL, England (Formerly Hotel Preston)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Samlesbury
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“bank holiday break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Modern contemporary hotel with large comfortable bedrooms. Good showers in large cubicle. Very comfortable bar lounge serving good food and snacks served until 10pm. Good location for motorway with access to lots of interesting places. Good large car park. My only complaint would be that although bins were emptied and refreshments replenished the bed was not made up and towels were not changed daily.

Room Tip: First floor room we stayed in was quiet. Room doors are heavy and were quite noisy.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Arrived here and walked into reception and We thought WOW! This looks great. Approached reception to be greated by friendly helpful smiling staff. That got another very appreciative wow! We were then directed to our room and upon entering it got another wow!. The room was light modern and tastefully decorated which had a lovely view out of our window over fields. Plenty of room in the wardrobe, big TV, nice cosy and warm with a very comfortable mattress. They have a lovely bar with nice comfortable chairs and suites we got cosy and had a few good brandys. Breakfast the next day was fantastic beautifully laid out tables and very friendly helpful staff again. There was a terrific choice and food came beautifully presented. Cannot wait to go back and we will. We really liked this hotel it has everything that gives it a WOW! for us. Go on give it a go.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Mark I, Commercial Manager at Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Maz M

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed and positive review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for recommending Samlesbury to other travellers. I will share your review with the rest of the team, we really look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I attended this hotel for a conference and stayed over. Disappointed - shiny facade but all fur coat and no knickers! It was a health related conference but some areas were not accessible to those with disabilities despite being told it was - shocking! My room was supposed to be top class BUT coffee machine did not work, there were no sachets for the kettle, it was very noisy, quite a trek from the reception and when I raised this with reception they seemed shocked as though I had broken the coffee machine myself or was lying! Snotty reception staff. Left my mobile charger in the room but they swear I didn't when I rang up. Kitchen staff were very nice and helpful, although waitresses were arguing with management in the restaurant at breakfast then laughing to each other about it not in English, not very welcoming! The manager tried her best but was blatantly fighting a losing battle with her staff. Regardless she gave great customer service and made me a lovely sandwich when I had to skip lunch to leave early. Best staff member was Eric(I think) the conference assistant who seemed the only guy in the hotel who had it all switched on upstairs so if you get stuck ask for him. He might only be about 19 but he he has some intelligence, good manners and will go the extra mile to help. Would not stay here again, and it would put me off attending a conference here.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Mark I, Commercial Manager at Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear DrPinkCat

Thank you for posting a review. We obviously have not lived up to the high standards we set ourselves at Samlesbury Hotel, we take all reviews seriously and I will discuss your comments with the rest of the team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for a night but i really like it ... New place nice lay out and big room

Close to preston and other city around too like Liverpool and Manchester like 45 mile .

Close to BAE SYSTEMS where i can see a lot if business people here

Nice atmosphere and has a good gym ..

I recommend it for business and short stay

The receptionist was very kind .. And people friendly...

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Naifoo911

Thank you for taking the time to post sucha positive review, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and hope that you will stay at Samlesbury again soon.

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed as part of a weekend deal with Omega Holidays for the Grand Nation at this hotel just outside Preston. We arrived late on the Friday night and booking in was already arranged so all went smooth. We dropped of our cases and proceeded to the 24 hour bar for a night cap and were met by two charming guys taking orders for drinks. The bedrooms and bed were very clean and comfortable and the shower fantastic. Breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday were fine if a bit rushed. On arrival back after the National we had booked a table in the restaurant and the food was good and reasonably priced. Service was a bit haphazard with waitresses seeming to be confident. That said, we had a great stay and would use the place again and recommend it. Staffing looked a bit thin and the check in was a large table but it was thorough so no complaints.

Room Tip: Ask about a paper if you want one as we weren't and hair dryers not in the room. Rooms very good...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mark I, Commercial Manager at Samlesbury Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Martin C

Thank you for posting a review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your weekend stay and thank you for recommending Samlesbury Hotel to other travellers. I hope that we will see you at Samlesbury again soon.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ideal location for a business meeting. Very impressed with the refurbishment, spotlessly clean, tasteful and high quality décor. Good facilities for conferences. Had outstanding service in the restaurant at lunch time. The Manager, Catherine, was very professional. Eric, our waiter understood hospitality, was very pleasant and very helpful as were all the staff in the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Chronicle UK

Thank you for posting a detailed review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and agree that due to our location, the quality of the refurbishment and our friendly but professional staff we offer an ideal venue for business meetings and conferences. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night on the way home from an Easter break in St. Annes and had a comfortable stay. We have no problem in recommending this hotel. The room and bathroom were well equipped with everything needed to pamper yourself. The full English breakfast is excellent, freshly cooked and a large home made loaf to carve yourself and pop into the 'just right' toaster. Lots of fresh sticky Danish Pastries and pots of jam to finish off. The perfect end to a perfect night.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear JulieJules

Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review following your stay at Samlesbury. I will share your review with the rest of the team. We are very lucky to have such a lovely hotel to present to our guests and a dedicated team who constantly strive to ensure that all our guests enjoy the time they spend at Samlesbury hotel whether they are travelling for business or pleasure. I hope that I will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Mark Illingworth

Been to Samlesbury Hotel? Share your experiences!