Even before we arrived we were impressed with the attitude from this establishment. Due to illness we needed to change our arrangements and, despite booking conditions suggesting we may lose the booking we were pleasantly surprised when a simple date change was arranged.
We arrived on a wet Friday night and, as soon as we walked in we were warmed by the greeting from the duty manager.
The hotel was clean, light and welcoming. Our room was warm and spacious and had everything that we needed and more.
The view from the room was tranquil, the perfect antidote to a busy week, overlooking the River Ribble, although the swans didn't visit while we were there.
We enjoyed a perfect evening meal served by friendly and efficient staff in the modern restaurant. The menu choice, while not extensive, catered for all tastes and the meals presented were cooked to perfection.
After a great nights sleep , in a comfortable and spacious bed, we awoke refreshed. Being a Saturday morning we were pleased to have learned that breakfast was served until 11.00am. We went down about 9.30am and enjoyed a leisurely breakfast. It was good to not feel any pressure to hurry or be made to feel like we had to vacate the table. The food was plentiful and perfectly cooked.
The whole stay was perfect which is a result of great management and dedicated helpful staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views over the beautiful River Ribble, yet conveniently close to Preston town centre and the M6, Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel has an ideal location. Following a £0.5 million refurbishment, the hotel has just introduced a beautiful new Riverside Bar and Lounge where you can relax and enjoy a beverage from our new Costa Coffee. Join us at the new Scottish Steak Club where imaginatively reworked Scottish favourites are passionately prepared by our world class chefs, using only the finest and freshest produce.In addition a number of our bedrooms are being re-decorated from top to bottom including beautiful new bathrooms and soft furnishings. The hotel has also retained many traditional features, such as wood beams in our restaurant and an open plan lounge, creating a warm and welcoming ambience.Macdonald Tickled Trout is always a popular meetings venue due to our convenient location, well-equipped conference suites and extensive onsite parking. Alternatively, our riverside terrace is the ideal place to enjoy a morning coffee with friends or relax with a pre dinner drink as you take in the views. Guests can enjoy our delicious food and drink and then relax in contemporary en suite accommodation, whilst our versitile function rooms are perfect for weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Tickled Trout
- Macdonald Tickled Trout Bamber Bridge