I was invited to a Wedding at the Tickled Trout.The wedding was at 4 and check in was not until 3.The fact that they did not let us in our room early to get ready was appalling! Me and my family had Lunch, and it was quite expensive. My daughter and I had ordered the burger which was under cooked and laid on bread which had a cakey flavor. During the wedding reception, we ordered a lot of drinks due to having a big family. The drinks were so expensive, even for drinks such as a diet coke! The next day we had breakfast at the restaurant before leaving. There was very little staff around and the toast when it came out was cold. The stands where the muffins and fruit were, they were covered in ants. When the staff was notified about this they took the food away however did not replace it. The tables were small and fitting even a family of four around one was a tight squeeze. The room was cold when we first got in it and took a while to heat up as the heating was not on. However the beds in the room were comfortable and the rooms were nice and clean. The hotel was clean and staff were quite helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With stunning views over the beautiful River Ribble, yet conveniently close to Preston town centre and the M6, Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel has an ideal location. Following a £0.5 million refurbishment, the hotel has just introduced a beautiful new Riverside Bar and Lounge where you can relax and enjoy a beverage from our new Costa Coffee. Join us at the new Scottish Steak Club where imaginatively reworked Scottish favourites are passionately prepared by our world class chefs, using only the finest and freshest produce.In addition a number of our bedrooms are being re-decorated from top to bottom including beautiful new bathrooms and soft furnishings. The hotel has also retained many traditional features, such as wood beams in our restaurant and an open plan lounge, creating a warm and welcoming ambience.Macdonald Tickled Trout is always a popular meetings venue due to our convenient location, well-equipped conference suites and extensive onsite parking. Alternatively, our riverside terrace is the ideal place to enjoy a morning coffee with friends or relax with a pre dinner drink as you take in the views. Guests can enjoy our delicious food and drink and then relax in contemporary en suite accommodation, whilst our versitile function rooms are perfect for weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Macdonald Tickled Trout
- Macdonald Tickled Trout Bamber Bridge