“Lovely to just veg and relax” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wallett's Court Hotel Restaurant

Wallett's Court Hotel Restaurant
Wallett's Court Hotel, Dover Road | Westcliffe, St Margaret's at Cliffe, Dover CT15 6EW, England
01304 852424
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Wallett's Court Hotel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: English, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A luxurious menu of modern British cuisine has made the restaurant within the ancient manor house hotel of Wallett's Court in Dover a sumptuous destination in its own right. Robust, inventive flavouring abounds, with accomplished and gutsy cooking producing dishes such as confit of sea bass with sticky port shallots and caramelised noisette potatoes or breast of Gressingham duck with ginger and spring onion rösti. There is a predominantly French wine list, with Sunday lunch and party menu options.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely to just veg and relax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I took my partner away for a night and we had a lovely time. Really relaxing. The food is amazing, and you can walk to the white cliffs in about 20 mins from the farm. The spa was great - fab massage from Ben, the masseur.

We were in a fairly bog standard room, nothing too special, but to be honest you won't want to be in the room - the living room in the house is lovely and welcoming, and if you are there in summer there are loads of lovely places to chill. The wigwam looked awesome and so did the carriage-type room. The pool was great, has a current thingy you can use to swim vigorously in one place.

All in all, lovely. Go!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

A very pleasant stay for my partner and I in a relaxing and tranquil setting. The staff are very helpful and friendly and I could not fault the accommodation . The food was excellent and all in all a very enjoyable weekend was had.

Visited April 2014
Deal, United Kingdom
“A fantastic evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Wallets Court was chosen for a farewell evening to my wife's boss. There were 9 of us.. what a great meal it turned out to be...welcomed by polite staff, took our meal orders in the bar and invited to sit down when 1st course was ready. The kitchen was well able to cope with the different choices. The food was well presented on hot plates and all served within a reasonable time of each other. Food was delicious and ample. Coffee and petite fours were a great way to end. The restaurant was clean and inviting, set in a very old house. I would definitely go again and would recommend it to all. Well Done Wallets Court!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
london
“a little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is one place that has been on my list of things to do. My daughter booked for afternoo tea for a mothers day treat on the Saturday, on entering we were asked if we had been before on saying no the staff member said we could choose to sit outside or in the bar area, we choose the bar area. On entering we were then asked what drink we wanted and were left to find a table most were full with empty cups, plates etc from the previous people, although they did come and clear away fairly soon. They brought our drinks which was the wrong ones how hard is is to get tea or coffee wrong, the sandwiches were brought out on a very unsteady cake stand which we tightened ourselves to stop it falling, this had scones, slices of cake and small tarlets these were squashed together through the stand being lopsided, the sandwiches were brought on a separate plate. Unfortunately we found the scones dry, the sandwiches were larger than you normally get on an afternoon tea, which isn't a problem usually, but the beef was unchewable and very bloody which I think is a bit of a putoff on bread, I do think it could have been better and did feel quite disappointed as I had heard good things about the place. The actual hotel looks very nice so maybe one day I will book a break there and find it a much better experience rather than feeling as if we were in the way. I have had many afternoon teas at much better value and would happily pay more for a better experience

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Afternoon Tea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Took my grandparents to Wallets court for afternoon tea as an early Mother's Day treat. Very warm welcome as soon as we stepped inside & had a fantastic afternoon tea in wonderful comfortable surroundings. Food was excellent & we'd definitely like to return for lunch or dinner if we can in the future. Thanks for making us feel so welcome!