Due to the ferries to Brittany being on strike......again, we needed to change travel arrangements and made a late booking to stay at Walletts Court for a third time. It is so conveniently situated for the Dover ferries, it is easy to overlook that this is a pleasant hotel in a lovely position with an excellent restaurant and worthy of a longer stay to explore the historic Kent coastline. Booking in is friendly and simple, our room, above the spa on this occasion, was spacious and appealing. We arrived late and a little fraught from the usual M25 traffic problems but the restaurant was held open for us to have an aperitif follwed by a lovely meal from a most unusual menu. A minor niggle was the extended time that English breakfast took to arrive, we really needed to get to that ferry earlier!
- Also Known As:
- Wallett`s Court Country House Hotel Dover
- Wallett`s Court Country House Hotel
- Walletts Court Country Hotel
- Walletts Court Country Dover
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Walletts Court Hotel is a hotel near Dover, Kent with restaurant and Spa. The hotel has at its heart an ancient manor house which nestles in wild open landscape in White Cliffs Country ninety minutes from the city of London & ten minutes from the port of Dover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Wallett's Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.