“Very disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St Margaret's at Cliffe
St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts
You added St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts to your Saves list
Reach Road | Nr. Dover, St Margaret's at Cliffe, Dover CT15 6AG, England   |
Hotel deals
Wickford, England, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We have just returned from this holiday park after a weekend break. When we arrived at our caravan it was really quite dirty. Cobwebs all over the place, unclean floors and the kitchen worktops felt as though they had a coating of grease on them. I was very peeved as I had paid extra to upgrade so I don't know what the accommodation would have been like if I had not ! There was no entertainment as we were told 'it was too late in the season' which we had not been told when the holiday was booked. We were extremely annoyed about this as we had our 6 year old Grandaughter with us who would have loved to have been involved with the entertainment advertised. I asked for a broom after a day of being there as the floors were all getting very muddy due to the fact we had to walk on the grass to reach our caravan and there was only a very flimsy mat at the entrance. This did not materialise nor was there an explaination as to why it had not. Should there not have been one provided anyway? St. Margaret's Bay, however, is a lovely place, to which we will definitely visit again, but will never stay on this resort ever again !!

Room Tip: If you would like a good room, do not chose a caravan.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Park R, General Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for leaving a review on our trip advisor page. Reviews are always welcome be they positive or negative in nature.

It would appear from your review that your stay on this occasion was less than satisfactory and we are very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please be assured that our accommodation team have been into this unit to follow up on your comments. We do encourage all our customers to report any issues whilst here on park so we can rectify any issues you may have had whilst here on park.

We are sorry that you were not informed at the time of booking that we are a leisurely park and therefore our Entertainment is very low key in out of peak weeks.

We are sorry that you asked for a broom and it was not forthcoming although of no use to you now, our accommodation team are at a loss as to why this did not get followed up at the time.

We are very sorry that you feel that you would not like to stay here again, that is of course extremely disappointing to hear. We are very sorry and can only apologise again that in this occasion we did not deliver to our normal high standards. If you would like to discuss any of the above in more detail please do not hesitate to contact the park direct on general.manager@park-resorts.com.

01304 853 262

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Leatherhead, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Had a fantastic stay here recently and Martin and Becky were wonderful entertainers! Our caravan was lovely and warm and clean and the housekeeping staff were friendly. Lots to do in the area, highly recommend with children.

Room Tip: Caravan no. 12 in the main site - modern, warm and clean!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving such a wonderful review on our Trip advisor page.

It is always a real lift for the whole team when we know that we have delivered amazing memories for our guests. We are happy that you found our team to be friendly and helpful and that the accommodation exceeded you expectations.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Several years ago I wouldn't have wrote a negative review on this park but having stayed at this park two to three times per year for mainly weekend breaks over the last ten years, I have to say the accommodation has gradually gone downhill.
I had a problem on the last stay and haven't had any email returned or apology regarding my issue.
Cleaning standards have lapsed, mould on curtains, stains on furniture, OK we mainly stay in bronze due to hardly being in it for the time we're there but still no excuse park resorts.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page. Reviews are gratefully received be they positive or negative.

We are sorry that you were not happy on this occasion with your accommodation and all of your comments have been passed on to our accommodation team for review.

I am sorry that you have not as of yet received a response back from the park direct, if you have still not heard anything from the park to date please email the General Manager direct on general.manager@park-resorts.com – and except our sincere apologies for the delay.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review the park and its accommodation and we hope to see you back on the park in the very near future.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Have stayed on the park before, great for visiting family and friends in the area. The staff as always were fantastic. The bungalow was very poor , reminiscent of 60`s student accommodation . I understand it is an owners property managed by Park resorts and do not hold Park resorts responsible. They did everything they could to improve matters , we cannot thank them enough. It has not put us off the park and we are staying in the hotel next week . I would advise anyone booked in to bungalow 22 to refuse it. Thanks again to the great staff.

Room Tip: Do not stay in bungalow 22
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our Trip advisor page. Feedback is always gratefully received be it good or bad; it is the only we can learn, evaluate and improve.

We are disappointed that you were unhappy with your accommodation and that on this occasion it did not meet your expectations. We have taken all of your feedback on board and have already contacted the owner reference your feedback and passed your comments on to them.

Please except our apologies that you were unhappy on this occasion with your accommodation. We are really happy however that you love the park, its location and staff and that you are planning on visiting us again.

We look forward to seeing you then.

Mansfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The entertainment staff Martin and Becki are excellent and are great with the kids, and are very lively and friendly, they must of made our holiday. The site is very clean and if you have a problem then they see to it straight away. I can't fault anything wrong. The bar staff and the staff at reception are very friendly. Excellent holiday.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello – Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our trip advisor page.

It is always really heart-warming to receive such positive feedback. I will pass on your comments to our Entertainments team and ensure they are aware of the positive review you have left for them. Both Becky and Martin have done an outstanding job for us this year and we are thrilled they delivered some amazing memories for you and your family.

Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Bromley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

All I can say is - WOW! I just got back from a 4 night mid-week stay in a Silver Bungalow and I have completely fallen in love with the place - After 2 attempts to extend my stay (But they was fully booked due to it being Half Term the following week), I was extremely sad to leave! It is perfect if you like solitude, peace and quiet, Yet not too far from everything.
The Bungalow was immaculately kept and had everything you could possibly need.
I want to say a huge Thank you to all the staff for my perfect stay - and especially to the cleaning lady, Tina, who done a fantastic job of making it spotlessly clean before my arrival and also the young guy who done the evening entertainment, his enthusiasm and energy was extraordinary - I was tired just watching him, his particular assertion of Narky the Aardvark was amusing and the evening ended perfectly for me when I won a bottle of wine and certificate for a full house on Disco Bingo.
I didn't get to try the Swimming Pool and other facilities because I was seeing the sights alot and was tired by the time I got back, I have re-booked for next year, so will definitely give them a try next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Park R, General Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page. Feedback is gratefully received and vital if we want to improve and evaluate the service we offer.
It’s always so rewarding to receive feedback such as this. The team here work very hard and I will ensure each of them is aware that you mentioned them on trip advisor and that you had a fantastic stay. Martin our Entertainment Manager has done an outstanding job this year and works very hard to deliver exceptional service. I will pass on your comments to Tina who along with the rest of the accommodation team will be thrilled to know that you have mentioned them and the brilliant work they do. Hopefully when we see you again in the future you will be able to take advantage of the swimming pools. Thank you again for your comments.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had a very comfortable stay in a Bronze Bungalow and we're pleasantly surprised with the surroundings. Having stayed in caravans near coast before, we took hot water bottle as beds always feel damp. Would recommend as a base for traveling around the coastal area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Park R, General Manager at St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time post your review on our Trip advisor page. I am so glad that your expectations were more than met in regards to the park, its facilities, standards and service. We are in an amazing location with loads to see and do. I am delighted that you took full advantage and visited some of the amazing places around us. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
01304 853 262

Been to St Margaret's Bay Holiday Park - Park Resorts? Share your experiences!