“Excellent 1st Class Kashmiri Food” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Selby
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Selby, United Kingdom
“Excellent 1st Class Kashmiri Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I lived for many years in the Far East and travelled widely throughout the region enjoying local food where-ever I went.

I can honestly say that at Jinnah I have found the ultimate Kashmiri/Indian food experience. The al a carte menu is excellent. However, if requested and given prior notice they will pepare what you want in true Kashmiri style.

I have dined many times at Jinnah and have always found the food 1st class and the service 2nd to none. If it is Kashmiri/ Indian food you want, look no further.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

tonight we selected the buffet menu...poppadoms/tray...then a sizzling skillett with mixed starters...naan of your choice then an assault on about 15 dishes....all yummy

best of all £9.99 each....bargain and worth every penny

Selby, United Kingdom
“5 star treatment and food to match”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Booked a table for myself and partner to celebrate his birthday, passed this restaurant many times but never experienced? What a fool...
The building is like a tardas from the outside, as you go through the main entrance to the restaurant, a lady is sat playing classic music on the piano, which is quite beautiful to add a beautiful touch. Inside is decorated with chandliers- painted mosiacs on the walls- a wall of water as a backdrop amazing.
We were warmly welcomed and show to our table the waiter took my coat, and then asked if we would like to sit in a quiet area which was nice to be asked. We both love curries on the menu were the usual favourites but we both pushed the boat out and order something different. Veg mix starter for 2- Garlic chilli king prawn and Munchurian Lamb-peshwari nan-2 chapatis. We were advised that the main would take about 15mins due to been freshly made we didnt mind the wait as plenty of atmosphere to take in.

The food was delicious very very tasty, freshly made to order the head waiter came to ask how the food was, if it was too our liking. I did say that I didnt realise that the Garlic chilli prawns were going to be so hot but they were very tasty and we both sent compliments back to the chef. He took the plates and returned with some vanilla icecream and fresh fruit to cool my palate and mouth down. I thought this gesture was lovely and taken my comments onboard, which was lovely.

At the end of the meal were had hot hand towels given to the lady first (myself) then the gentleman. we paid the bill and the head waiter came over again and thanked us coming, he opened the doors to see us out once again nice touch. Will be returning again try it is not too expensive and a lovely night out.

Selby
“Six pickles, a live pianist and naans the size of a pillow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

The last time we visited this restaurant it had been an Italian - what a change. The interior is as impressive as before but now the food and service match. We arrived and were taken to our table passing the pianist - when have you ever had a pianist in an Indian! With expectations rising we were then presented with poppadoms and a pickle tray the like you've never seen before. I'm used to getting three, possibly four pickle choices - we had six to choose from!
The meal was excellent and the service attentive.
A choice of six pickles, a live pianist and naans the size of a pillow - what more course you ask for. We'll be returning again very soon to try the much talked about buffet.

Lee, United Kingdom
“Valentine's night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked Jinnah after reading the great reviews on Trip Advisor. Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff and shown straight to our table. This is a lovely old building that has been modernised really well. The menu was extensive; we had a mixed starter for 4 (which was more than enough), Chicken Korma/Bhuna and Lamb Tandoori plus a Kari dish. There was plenty of time between courses and we all enjoyed our food. The house wine was ok but I would recommend using the wine menu. The manager was very attentive and asked several times if we were enjoying our food. When the staff brought the food to the tables, it could be done with a little more finesse, but then they were very busy. Overall I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be going back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere