“What a great time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bayview Hotel

You added Bayview Hotel to your Saves list
Bayview Hotel
2 Bayhead Road | Portballintrae Bushmills, Portballintrae, Bushmills BT57 8RZ, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Portballintrae
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belfast
“What a great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Arrived on Sunday afternoon for a relaxing break. What a find. The reception staff were great they were very welcoming and helpful. Booked in and went straight to our room - which was so very comfortable, well decorated with a jacquzzi bath and all the trimmings. Handy having tea and coffee making facilities in the room. Had an evening meal, sirloin steak with all the trimmings - perfect. The pavlova was exceptional and the portions over were - perfect. Slept well left the window open all night and listened to the sea lapping on the shore - 60 feet away - so relaxing. Up early for the full breakfast - self service buffet and a full Irish Fry. Staff, surroundings, food and ambience - perfect. A perfect break.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
gottaluvflying
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My husband & myself visit the lovely Bayview Hotel in beautiful Portballintrae as often as we possibly can as we both just adore this place! The Bayview has always been a place we have enjoyed on numerous occasions over the past 8 years or so but since coming under new ownership and having been upgraded and refurbished it is now, without a doubt, our favourite place to visit. The location is simply superb with breathtaking views of Portballintrae harbour & the stunning horseshoe bay and the food served here is consistently excellent - both in terms of quality and quantity - and the service is faultless. It is difficult to find places to eat or have a cup of tea or coffee (the scones here are delicious by the way!) where they are not making you feel rushed. This is a haven of tranquillity and is a perfect example of where they have got the balance just right. Excellent, friendly, professional service and yet unobtrusive. You will go a long way to find anywhere as good and the best recommendation I can give this place is to say that we will be back again as soon as we possibly can!
Congratulations to both management and staff for having created the perfect ambience in the perfect location. Can't wait to come back again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Gottaluvflying,
Thank you so much for your kind comments about Bayview. I am very passionate about our Hotel and very proud of our staff. We will continue to perfect and enhance Bayview so that all guests will coninue to have a wonderful experience at Bayview and enjoy our beautiful coastal views,

Owner
Bayview
Ayrshire, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Spent three nights here with friends at the end of May. Had a lovely break. Excellent location. Booked a room with a sea view and enjoyed both it and the spacious room. Enjoyed dinner and entertainment on two nights. Excellent food and reasonably priced. Waiting staff very friendly. Great position for visiting the rope bridge; Giants Causeway; sandy beaches etc. Would be delighted to recommend it to friends and hope to return sometime soon.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Kerrs of Ayrshire,
Thank-you so much for your kind comments about Bayview, I will pass a copy to all of my staff, this is very much appreciated,

Kind Regards
Owner
belfast, northern ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I stayed here for the bank holiday weekend and it couldn't have been better! The room was excellent, from the layout to decor. We stayed in the premier room and it lived up to expectations; the view of the bay was gorgeous and the jacuzzi bath was very relaxing. We also had dinner in the Porthole and couldn't fault the food or service. We would definately stay here again, and couldn't recommend it enough!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stayed for 1 night with my husband and 2 sons (6 & 7). We ate in the restaurant which was very popular. Childrens food was fine. My husband ordered the fillet which was 19.95 for a very small piece of meat which he did not believe was fillet and certainly did not look very appealing or good value for the price charged. I had the scampi which was OK but not more than that. There was music in the bar which we could hear cleary from our room. My eldest son could not get to sleep nor could I so at Midnight I rang reception to be told that no one had ever complained before. I did not get a satisfactory response on why we had not been informed that there would be music which we could hear in our room when I booked a family room only 2 days earlier. On checking out I was asked only after I had payed the bill if everything was allright. When I mentioned the music the person who was dealing with me turned to her colleague to confirm that there had indeed been music in the bar the night before. I took this to mean that my comments could not be trusted and needed to be confirmed by her colleague. An appology was given but it was about as sincere as the response I had gotten when I called down to reception the night before. We had a lovely trip to the beautiful Antrim coastline which was only marred by our stay in the Bayview Hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Dear Podgester,
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay at my family owned and operated hotel. Your stay was during May Day Bank Holiday weekend, Sunday-Monday, the hotel was extremely busy because of popularity and the Bank Holiday. I included a popular evening of Traditional Music on the Sunday night to entertain our guests for free. This was enjoyed by all of our other guests who joined in with the sing-along of traditional Irish and North Antrim music. The entertainment ended at 12.15am and everyone dispersed soon after to their rooms.
Our fillet steak meal is very reasonable at £19.95, beef from traditional herds of Angus and Hereford, grazed on the farm lands of Co. Armagh, dry aged on the bone for 35 days and hand selected, served with baked field mushrooms over roasted herbed tomatoes and a choice of our traditional Bayview Sauce! a very reasonable price and of exceptional quality! Other guests have testified about our HIGH STANDARDS of quality and service and having had a wonderful time at Bayview. I can assure you that as the owner of this popular hotel I am proud of our staff and pleased that Bayview is a very popular and a busy Family operated hands-on Hotel.

Proprietor
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

We visited the Bayview Hotel on the basis of the recommendations on trip advisor. We were 'home' for a few days from Yorkshire and wanted to take my mother somewhere different to eat after a visit to the coast.

Our evening was beautiful. The hotel is impeccably clean, stylish and welcoming. The dining room is beautiful - book ahead if you want a table by the window, although the amazing view can be enjoyed from many tables in the restaurant. The menu was refreshing, from traditional choices to the more unusual. The food we ordered was beautifully prepared and the portions generous.

We enjoyed coffee and dessert in a little snug area with cosy sofas and floor to ceiling windows looking over the bay - we visited on a Sunday evening and enjoyed the selection of current newspapers available. The hotel has a welcoming atmosphere, it even had a fire lit in the bar which was lovely. We stayed later than we'd anticipated relaxing and chatting after a beautiful meal.

On leaving the hotel we spoke to an amiable gentleman who introduced himself as the proprietor and enjoyed a pleasant conversation. We will return to stay - the proprietor recommended the front bedrooms and to sign up to get e-mails of special offers from the website - and have recommended the hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for two nights two weeks ago and it was very nice. Portballintrae is in a great location, away from the sometimes crazyness of Portrush, and centrally located to easily get to all of the Causeway coast sights. I would suggest splurging for a seaside room as the views of the harbor were wonderful. The room itself was relatively basic but comfortable. The Porthole bar and restaurant is a big plus of the hotel. The bar is great, very cozy but lively at the same time. Dinner at the restaurant was very good, as were the breakfasts. I guess the one nitpick was that the reception staff wasn’t very friendly but the bartender made up for it, but honestly, that’s not a real big deal for me. I would highly recommend staying here for visiting the Antrim coast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bayview Hotel? Share your experiences!