“Enjoyable stay at Shawlands” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radstone Hotel

You added Radstone Hotel to your Saves list
Radstone Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ayr Rd,, Larkhall ML9 2TZ, Scotland (Formerly Shawlands Park Hotel)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Larkhall
Northamptonshire
“Enjoyable stay at Shawlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I regularly stay in the area on business and thought I would try Shawlands as a change over the mainstream chains. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this hotel – warm comfortable rooms, good wi-fi (room 35) and reasonably priced meals. I will definitely return to this friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, great rooms with additional seating area. First class bathrooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I organised my sisters 60th Birthday at the Hotels tribute night on the 8th of March.When I booked it the staff at the reception were wonderful.There were 18 of us and the accomadation was superb high stadard.The evening night couldnt have been better the live band were terrific and made the night.The bar staff in particular the young boy Stewart couldnt be any more helpful.In the morning the breakfast was lovely all 18 of us will be back we loved the Hotel.

Room Tip: Reccomend the suites
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Falkirk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We chose the Shawlands Park Hotel for our wedding reception and what a fantastic day we had. The staff were incredible. Very helpful and did not put a foot wrong all night. The food was delicious and the rooms were beautiful. Every single one of our guests loved the venue, the food and the rooms and said they would visit again in the future. My new wife and I would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone and hope to keep a happy relationship with the hotel going. They have created wonderful memories for us and will have a special spot in our hearts. Fantastic!

• Stayed March 2013
BonnyScotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed March 9th for a wedding, the hotel was very smart, the welcome very good and the reception staff very efficient especally considering they were booking so many guests in. The room was tastefully decorated, and felt as though it had just been done [tell tale signs was the remains of sanding in corners of the bathroom] The food was very good and the drinks not too expensive. The breakfast was plentiful. Over all I would recommend the hotel as a weekend break or for a wedding. The only thing if I was being pickie was the room could have had the heating on for us arriving and also the person who vacuums could do a better job. I did hear other guests at the wedding say the ladies loos were very messy for most of the evening.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Having scoured sites such as groupon and 5pm.co.uk for decent deals on hotel breaks for me and my partner as a birthday treat we settled on the Shawlands Park hotel. Two nights. breakfast and dinners for both in an upgraded "suite". The Lewis suite.

We arrived at a fairly remote, modern building.. quick check in and we unlocked the door to a warm, inviting and comfortable looking suite. Modern bathroom, couple of flat screen tv's.. it was fine. ground floor at the back of the building looking onto the car park wasn't the greatest view but hey ho it wasn't that disappointing!!

The king sized bed was to die for.. REALLY comfortable and felt i was in it on my own. Breakfast was more than ample and decent variety.. we both plumped for full English, coffee, orange juice, croissant andc old meats etc.. we had our fill ;-) Dinner menu had variety.. and what we had was decent sized and delicious!!

All staff were pleasant and the ability to enjoy a fairly short drive to Edinburgh was a plus.

Couple of pointers that stuck in the palate was the hassle we had that on our departure the receptionist maintained we pay for our second nights stay.. despite it having already been paid for through groupon.. she/the hotel had no record of this.. was a bit of a pain and i'd just expect hassle free on departure, so had to pay and make some phone calls once i got home. Could have done without this!! The other pointer wasn't noticed till i got home.. on the bottom of the bill was the 2 cokes me and my partner got with our dinner meal on the first night.... wait for it...... £6.20 EACH for the cokes... that stuck in the palate!!!!!! Beware as the small things can make or break what was otherwise a perfect treat for us both.

All in all i would recommend here.. its peaceful and relaxing and certainly worth it on a deal...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Radstone Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest.

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor.

Firstly I would like to express my disappointment at the inconvenience you faced on check out, this should never have happened. I have been advised that the Reception Manager Angie called you the following morning to resolve this misdemeanor and I would like to thank you for your understanding in this matter.

Since viewing your response on Trip Advisor we have had a looked back at our records and you are correct in saying that you were charged £6.20 per coke, when it should have been £6.20 for two. We are incredibly grateful that you have highlighted this, overcharging customers is definitely not something we feel comfortable with, and this will allow us to ensure the same mistake does not happen again. Staff the Hotel have tried to call you several times and on one occasion left a voicemail, we would like to extend our apologies and arrange your refund.

Could I please ask if you could contact myself Mr Robert Kyle (proprietor) by email rkyle@lochside-hotel.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thirsk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. While from the outside it looks like many motel style buildings close to a motorway once inside it is very different. On entry there is a large airy open reception/bar/lounge area which is very comfortable. Reception was very efficient friendly and welcoming. We had booked a two night stay using a groupon deal but upgraded to a suite which was well worth the extra £20 per night. The room was very spacious with both a large sitting area and bedroom. The room was very well furnished with two comfortable sofas in the sitting area plus tables, chairs, chests etc all good quality. The bed was large and very comfortable. The bathroom like the rest was spotless and had a separate walk in shower as well as a large bath. There was even a small balcony. Despite being close to the motorway the glazing was such that no traffic noise could be heard. The room was easily up to the standard of four star hotels and in honesty better than some much more expensive hotels that I have stayed in. Our deal included a two course meal on each evening and once again I was pleasantly surprised at choice and quality of food on offer. Service in the restaurant was friendly and courteous. Breakfast was equally good with a hot breakfast cooked to order. If you are staying in the area I would recommend you stay here, we certainly hope to return

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went here with my wife for lunch one day as we were passing.

My wife had the warm salad and I the burger, salad was okay but the burger was not quality meat. I normally try the burger whenever I go to a new restaurant as its a good guide and here when your paying nearly £9 would have expected a lot better.
Total for lunch was £27 for one course plus drinks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Radstone Hotel? Share your experiences!