“very poor experience...” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“very poor experience...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Ordered by phone 2 x onion rings, 2 x pizzas and 1 x fish and mushy peas. Confirmed order at shop when paying only to find out on arrival at home that.....

1. 2 x onion rings order were not in the bag !
2. Pizza boxes had been placed upright in the bag so the pizza toppings were lying all down one side of the pizzas...which were very doughy.

And this for £18.50!? Very poor :-(

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Returning customer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Returned a year later and still the same excellant service and good quality fish & chips! Placed order for 29 people and order fulfilled quickly, no complaints what so ever!

Visited October 2012
Aberlour, United Kingdom
“My local chippie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Great chippie, food made fresh, we normally order by phone then nip down for it. Love the white pudding supper.

Visited October 2012
Grantown-on-Spey, United Kingdom
“Tasty fish & chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Arrived to stay overnight at local hotel. Was very hungry after a 400 mile journey. Brilliant meal @ good price

Visited August 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional fish & chip takeaway-excellant very friendly service-Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We recently placed a very big order for 29 people ordering fish & chips or Scampi & Chips and wondered what the quality would be like and whether a small village chip shop would be able to handle such a big order. I was thoroughly impressed! I had researched the 2 closest chippys to where we were all staying and it was between the Aberlour takeaway and another in Grantown on Spey, I had rang the 1 in Grantown only to be put off by the owner not wanting to take my call and he had to relay the answers to my questions via the young girl who clearly didn't know what she was talking about - what a differnce to the Aberlour Takeaway! I rang to enquire and Fiona was very pleased to help and even emailed me their entire menu, I was able to email back my order and arranged a time to collect. When we got there we were late but the girls in the takeaway had held off putting the order together until we arrived, so it was prepared fresh and hot and even bagged up in 3 seperate orders as I placed it. I was worried it would have been waiting for us getting cold and soggy but not at all - excellant service, to the dismay of a few locals that had to wait quite a few minutes for their orders (Sorry!) then since the chips couldn't have vinegar on them otherwise they would have gone soggy on our (20min) drive back they had put together little bags of complimentary salt, vinegar & Ketchup bottles! And to top it all off our order was so large all 3 girls helped us out the shop with all the bags! The friendly service, spotlessly clean premises and helpfullness was really impressive and we will definatley be placing our order here next year when we come on holiday! One last thing the fish & chips were beautiful, lovely flaking haddock in crispy batter and gorgeous chips. Thanks Again!

• Visited October 2011