“So Hot!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bostock Lane, Long Eaton, Nottingham NG10 5NL, England (Formerly Java Hotel Nottingham / Derby)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Long Eaton
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“So Hot!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here for one night in a good size family room has double bed with two singles, on 3rd floor (top floor) Note this hotel does not have a lift. The weather being 25c+ the room had two electric fans; we faced the M1 so opening the windows was awful due to the traffic noise.
Limited TV channels, tea /coffee making facilities (no added biscuits). Shower room and loo together, large shower with seat, shower pressure good with plenty of good size towels. Sink within bedroom, this was good has bathroom facilities not all in one room with 3 adults sharing.
Iron and ironing board and hair dryer in room
TV area down stairs off reception, no bar but could get cold drinks vending machine and reception had beers in cooler behind desk.
On site bar lounge and restaurant was not used (limited opening times)
Plenty of car parking. Free Internet throughout hotel.
Thought it was easy to find just off junction 25 of the M1.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Hotel very clean

Room Tip: The room size is good with 1 double bed and two single beds (so not put me ups) good for families or...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that the staff were very helpful and friendly during your stay with us and that the facilities were clean.

All rooms in the hotel come with a iron, ironing board, hairdryer and a fan. Biscuits are provided only in our executive and deluxe rooms. The rooms do not come with air conditioning, the fans are in place for guests to use if needed. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The hotel does not have a lift. The reception team are happy to help with luggage up to a guests room if needed.

Car parking is free at the hotel for guests and the WI-FI is also free of charge.

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

checked in all went well,
Then i got to my room it was like a sauna, i found what i thought was the control for the air conditioning which was reading 28 degrees so i set it to 20 degrees, expecting to hear the air con kick in nothing happend as it was only a room thermostat. I rang reception and asked to be moved to a room with air con, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY ROOMS WITH AIR CON AT THIS HOTEL, was her reply you can borrow a fan, which i did what a joke it was about 6 inches (150mm) in diamiter.
I opened the windows to their full extent only for the ivy etc to to enter the opening (ivy might look good from the outside) the ivy was growing in the window jams. when i tryed to close the window it was not possible.the room was fine what you come to expect from Best Western. the shower was not so good one of the plastic pod types that you find in much cheaper hotel chains.
There was noise from the room above and also from banging doors in the corridor.
The restaurant/bar was very bright and nicely decorated also an out door beer garden type place.
the food was ok the staff well the one that served me was a bit dippy she never brought me a fork after i had used the one at my place for my starter so i had to ask her for a fork and a steak knife.
Breakfast was ok though there was not much choice of cerial, plenty of choice on the cooked buffet breakfast, also the fruit meaning the apples,oranges and bananas looked like they were days old, there was only one teaspoon can you believe that for the tea and coffee.

Room Tip: probably an upstairs room less noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

In regards to the room you were allocated for your stay i am disappointed to read that the facilites did not meet your expectations.

All rooms in the hotel do not have air conditioning. A fan is provided in each room for the guests to use if needed. More fans are available at reception if requested. I apologise for any incovenience this may have caused.

In regards to the ivy, i will pass your comments on to our housekeeping department to ensure this is resolved.

We do advise guests to report any problems they encounter during their stay to reception so that a member of staff can resolve them immediately as we like to make sure all guests have a great stay with us.

I will pass your comments on to the restaurant manager regarding the restaurant and breakfast as they like to use all feedback productively.

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We booked into the hotel on Saturday (29/06/13). We really enjoyed our visit. On check in the receptionist was really friendly and helpful. The hotel was beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Room was just what you would expect clean and comfortable. No complaints with breakfast all in all a good stay and with my son round the corner we will use this hotel many more times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that all staff were helpful and pleasant during your stay. In regards to the room and the facilities i am happy to know that all exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to you staying with us again.

Cottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

stop night before holiday clean quite and friendly found food in restaraunt expensive but plenty of eateries in short distance breakfast was excellent though try and get a room facing m1 but wasnt noisy like others had suggested

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and that the rooms were clean and quiet.

In regards to the restaurant and breakfast i will pass your comments on to the restaurant manager as he likes to use all feedback productively.

All rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, however we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter.

Rothbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was just an overnight stop en- route to the south coast. It was a 347 mile drive where we were going and due to family commitments we could not leave home until late at night. Lets face it, we had a ship to catch! We checked with the hotel that we would be able to "check in" in the middle of the night. They were fine about that. They did not confirm our reservation by e-mail as per our request though. We rang again just a couple of days before hand to see for sure our room would be there. Asked again for an e-mail confirmation, still no e-mail! Never mind, we arrived much earlier than we thought, around 1am. They knew to expect us and we checked into our family room. The room was much better than I was expecting with such a reasonable price on it. About £72.00 I think. Anyway it was very clean and very spacious 2 full sized singles and 1 double bed. Plenty space, we were not falling over each other. It was modern and well lit. The bathroom was tiny with one of those self contained shower cabins where its all one unit ie. tray, walls, ceiling and door all as one. Like a shower out of a box. So what, we were only in there for six and a half hours. The beds were all very comfy and despite its proximity to the motorway no traffic noise could be heard. Breakfast was served across the other side of the hotel drive in a bar/bistro type place. Quite a nice room, better than what I was expecting. However It had a slight cafeteria feel about it. There was plenty of food on offer and all reasonably fresh. However, I get annoyed when food is so hot you have to look at it for 10 mins, blow on it and then still burn your mouth. That did not happen here! Luke warm at best to virtually cold at worst. Even I, who hate hot food thought it was well below par, it should have been a LOT warmer. Those of you aliens out there, like my wife, who have asbestos lined gobs and only like food the temperature of molten lava would have been horrified! and she was! Basically you could have put the bacon in your orange juice to cool it down. Cool down the juice I mean! Would I stay here again? Yes, good value close too the main drag, comfy beds and clean. Would I ask for a room only rate and avoid breakfast, most certainly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

I am pleased to read that you had a great stay with us. In regards to your email confirmation i apologise for you not receiving one when making your booking. I will have a look into this to make sure it does not happen again.

Our family rooms are very spacious and i am pleased to read that the room was accomodating to your needs in regards to comfort and size. The rooms facing the motorway side are triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, however we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter.

In regards to breakfast i will pass your comments on to the restaurant manager.

I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel looks like it was part of another chain previously, the rooms are ok, but don't have what I would call a proper bathroom in that the sink was in the bedroom and then it had a small toilet and shower room.
The restaurant food was also ok, although staff were quick to serve.
In my opinion not the usual Best Western standard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Leanne C, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

In regards to the bathroom set up i apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will pass your comments on to management as this may be something we change in the future.

In regards to the restaurant i will pass your comments onto the restaurant manager to ensure service is improved.

Downham Market, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My recent stay at the Best Western Nottingham/Derby was driven mainly by logistics, I was visiting friends in Derby one evening and was then attending cricket at Trent Bridge the following day. In this regard the hotel was ideal, it was easily located on my sat nav., there was plenty of parking and the roads to both my destinations were pretty decent. Staff were friendly and helpful, there was one maintenance issue to the bathroom sink which I raised at reception and they said they would resolve it.

As I booked the hotel some time in advance I secured a good rate and booked an executive room. While this might not compare in size to some other chain hotels' superior rooms it was well equipped and the bathroom appeared to have been refitted relatively recently (the shower was excellent). I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but I did have breakfast one morning, it was standard breakfast buffet stuff and was OK, better than some others than I have had.

The big issue that seems to keep cropping up with this hotel is the one of road noise from the M1. I had a motorway side room but with the windows shut the noise wasn't noticeable to a degree where I'd see it as a problem. As it turned out I attended during a period of good weather and the room was extremely hot, as a result I actually had the windows open overnight. In this event you can obviously expect some road noise but I must have been tired enough to sleep through pretty much undisturbed. I guess a lot depends on how sensitive you are to noise but on a normal day with the windows closed I really don't see a problem. I'd happily stay again.

Room Tip: If sensitive to noise I guess you should request a room away from the M1.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

In regards to the staff i am pleased to read that all staff were helpful during your stay. We like to make sure all guests have a great time with us and that all needs are met.

I apologise that there was a problem with the sink in your room, which i know was resolved at reception. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The hotel has rooms facing the motorway side. These rooms are all triple glazed in order to prevent any noise, however we do have rooms facing the non motorway side which are quieter. Guests can request a quiet room when making a reservation or upon check in, depending on availability. I am pleased to read you encountered no disturbances.

We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Head Receptionist

Been to BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!