“Pleasant stopover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby

You added BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bostock Lane, Long Eaton, Nottingham NG10 5NL, England (Formerly Java Hotel Nottingham / Derby)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Long Eaton
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Pleasant stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Pleasant stopover, room clean and tidy and staff vey helpful. Plenty of parking. Restaurant very convenient but a bit basic.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
RichardJohal, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I'm pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 0115 9460000.

Yours sincerely,

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Wiltshire UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Just needed a hotel near the motorway and near Nottingham for a night and this fitted the bill. We were worried that it might be noisy being right next to the motorway but didn't find the noise a problem (our room was at the other side to the motorway though). Had a pleasant evening drink in the bar next to the hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was all buffet with the usual choices - cooked food plus toast/cereal etc. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night in March having booked on price and the promise of free wifi. I arrived mid evening and received cheerfully by Helen on the desk. My room on the first floor was spacious clean and tastefully decorated. The bathroom looked felt like a plastic pod (along the lines of a steam room) containing a quite large shower and a toilet. The wash basin is in the room which I didn’t find to be a problem. The only annoying thing was the fan in the bathroom was noisy (even with the door shut) and took quite a long time to turn off. The bed was a little hard but I managed 6 hours sleep so I had no complaints. The wifi was easy to connect to and much relatively fast. Dinner was in the grill next door which I will rate separately.
Overall I was pleasantly surprised and the rooms were much better than that of a well know budget chain I have been staying in recently

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RichardJohal, Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Should you need any further information on the hotel in the future please do contact me on 0115 9460000.

Thank you for your feedback.

Yours Sincerely

Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

It was a shame that we had not been notified at the time of booking that the new bar/restuarant would not be open. We were therefore at the hotel with a limited menu ( which we were not inspired to eat at) with waitresses who had to go over to the new bar to get drinks, which taseted dusty. Therefore we were forced to go somewhere else to find an atmosphere and something to eat and drink.
However I must add the room we stayed in was lovely.
Breakfast was interesting, we were checked in by someone who claimed "I should not be working" and was not in uniform. It was OK.
Moan aside our room (which was an executive one was fantastic)
The bath was deep enough for a swim and the shower was lovely. It was great that there was a seating area and I loved the fact that there were bottles of water. That ups the anti a bit!
Although we only had one packet of biscuits in the room.
Would definitely return to give the dining another chance.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
RichardJohal, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, March 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I'm pleased to read your comments about the hotel and am glad you had an enjoyable stay and liked the room.

I apologise that you were not informed of the restaurant being closed and us operating a more limited menu. We are now fully open and would be delighted to welcome you back to see the improvements.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Laguna Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

Can't believe the high ratings. We booked a 'Deluxe' room but had to decline. Smelly from old smoke and noisy from the motorway. Very, very bad. So we moved to a regular room which on first impression looks ok. Less smell and away from the motorway, but still very noisy. The bed however is an insult. It is completely worn and the springs make noises just sitting down. Once you lay down every spring can be felt. A desaster. Every one of the premier inns we have been to was better. Would never return to this hotel! Be good to yourself and stay away!

• Stayed February 2012
RichardJohal, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We practise courtesy calls to guest’s shortly after check in to check the suitability of the room, and also check with guests on check out as to how their stay was. I wasn’t made aware of any issues of this nature. As you state, as a rule our feedback is excellent and we take pride in our high standards, I sincerely apologise that in your case these standards were not met.

Should you wish to discuss this in more detail with me please do contact me at the hotel on +44115 9460000.

Yours sincerely

bristol england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed whilst working in the area for 4 nights the hotel is under new management and they have spent a lot of money updating the hotel but the staff are In many cases the same,they are very helpful and go out of their way to look after you. The hotel is quiet but very convenient to the M1 and Derby and Nottingham there is a new restaurant owned by the hotel opposite although not open during our stay it will be open in February it looks very luxurious and modern will try it on our next stay

• Stayed January 2012
RichardJohal, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, February 19, 2012

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests.

I am delighted to read your comments regarding the service you experienced, I will be sure to pass them on to the team here who will be equally pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

If I can be of further assistance please do contact me on 0115 9460000.

Yours Sincerely

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Stayed here for two nightsa large De-luxe room on the third floor. The room was superb, warm, comfortable and very stylish, having recently been refurbished. Large flat screen TV and blue ray disc player, comfortable sofa and chairs, loads of desk space, king size bed and a great range of tea, coffee, water etc. The lighing in the room was excellent. The bathroom was amazing. Large two person bath with separate power shower cubicle. Everything was spottlessly clean and one of the nicest rooms that I have stayed in. Staff were friendly and helpful. Although close to major roads and the M1 motorway the noise levels were in no way obtrusive. The hotel only provide a limited range of food between 6pm and 10pm and an order at the table bar service. I did not eat in the hotel so cannot comment on the qualityof the food. Drinks were reasonably priced and breakfast at £7.95 was also reasonable. I will certainly stay here again. The hotel is very well located midway between Derby and Nottingham and right by the M1. My only negative comment is that on departure I was not asked if my stay had been a good one.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
RichardJohal, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments on your stay with us.

Our Deluxe rooms are new rooms created during our refurbishment in 2011, so it's great to hear your comments. I'm pleased to read that the team were friendly and helpful during your time with us and they will be delighted to hear your feedback.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby

Been to BEST WESTERN Nottingham Derby? Share your experiences!