“Paradise in the Indian Ocean” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Resort   |     |
Special Offer
Maldivian Adventure
London
“Paradise in the Indian Ocean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Stunningly beautiful setting. Warm, welcoming staff who could not be more attentive. Delicious array of food from every corner of the world, first class cuisine.
Our wedding anniversary was made extra special via a romantic dinner by candlelight on the beach, yet still the meal was of excellent quality.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Geoff A,

Many thanks for your comment on Trip Advisor. Our team and I are naturally very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your Anniversary Dinner was special. I am very fortunate in that I am well supported by an excellent team of professionals who take the greatest pleasure in their jobs, anticipating guest’s needs, and for whom satisfying any request is never too much trouble.

I will see to it that they are thanked for their efforts, I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the resort in the near future

Jumeirah Vittaveli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

In all my years travelling this was the first time I have ever extended our holiday.
Great hospitality, service and food.
The lagoon villas can now use bicycles to travel around the island at a leisurely pace.
The butler and staff are first class.
Great for families with best kids club ever.
Sunset cocktails at beach bar is idyllic.
Will return. Well done Jumeirah.

Stayed January 2014
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Wetherell,

Many thanks for your post on Trip Advisor – I believe the highest compliment we can receive is that you wish to return, and that you mentioned extending your stay as you were enjoying yourselves so much, does mean a lot to myself and the team at Vittaveli.

I will certainly share your feedback on the butlers and staff as well as the Kid’s Club, as it is a very meaningful encouragement to them when they find themselves to be appreciated

Rest assured that we will continue bringing new services and facilities to life on the resort and look forward to welcoming you back in the future, whenever your schedule allows next.
Warm regards,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were the first time in Maldives !!!
Jumeirah Vittaveli exceeded all expectations from the moment we set foot on it!!
True paradise and home away from home holiday
Staff, Room, Facilities (sailing/diving/snorkelling), Reef, Beach, Weather, Food, Drinks, Dining , kids club, management
We couldn't expect more !!!
We will come again ....

Dear SCKM2014,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor, regarding your stay at Jumeirah Vittaveli. I am really delighted that we exceeded your expectations in such a splendid fashion! It is most gratifying for myself and the colleagues whenever we read such a review and to know that you would like to return is the highest compliment we believe you can pay us.

We look forward to your return trip with enthusiasm, we are always thinking of ways we can enhance our guest experience and will surely have a few new things up our sleeves next time you visit us

Please let me know if I may be of any assistance with your return visit, my e mail is graham.kiy@jumeirah.com

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I went to Jumeirah Vittaveli for 5 nights with my family. Overall, we had a fantastic time. We stayed 3N at the beach villa and 2N at the water villa. Both villas were great and each offered us a different unique experience. The beach villa was fun as the kids could run out to the sand and water and the reef was only about 30-50m out from the shore. The water villa felt more luxurious and was great for lazy days. However, they were quite far away from the main island, which necessitated taking a buggy or riding a bike. The buggies were a little slow to respond, especially during peak hours like dinnertime, but that didn't really spoil our experience much. For our family, snorkeling was one of our main activities and we were extremely pleased with the quality of the reef. What would have been good though for us is if we had a good guide to the reef around the island (for eg, which sides were better, where is the drop-off etc). Perhaps a guide map in the room or something along those lines. In terms of food, generally the quality was good. We had great seafood dinners at Mu. The food at Samsara was good (not great but decent) but what was exceptional though was the service. Special mention to Sajesh who was super attentive, warm and welcoming in a very natural way. But I would say every staff at Samsara was very good and went out of their way to make sure you have what you want. The only complaint I had was of the Dive Center. A particular staff member there was not very friendly and didn't assist my 9 year old in getting into our paddleboat, which she had great trouble with. That was the only unpleasant experience we had. In terms of suggestions for improvements, I would like to suggest the idea of having a pre-arrival questionnaire to find out what your guests preferences are. You could find out their likes and dislikes, what they want to achieve at the resort (eg quiet lazy days or active snorkelling/sea sports, etc) etc. which could help you to customize a unique experience for your guests. I believe this kind of extra personal touch will definitely improve the Jumeirah experience. Finally. I would like to thank everyone at Jumeirah for making our holiday a most fantastic and memorable one. I will definitely recommend this resort to my friends and family.

Dear CK391,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, we are all very glad that you enjoyed your time in our resort, with your family. We are very pleased with the feedback from our guests about both the adult and children’s bicycles. They have been a great hit and reduced the demand for buggies considerably. We will be starting a “Loop Buggy” system next month in the evenings, which will help to provide more free buggies for all guests to use during this busy period.

The house reef at Vittaveli is a great asset, highly valued by our guests, and I am delighted that you had time to explore the corals which grow nearby. We are working on a map that will show the reef features more clearly and we will also brief our butlers to make this a part of the island orientation for guests arriving for the first time.

Our plans for this year include some enhancements to the buffet set up at Samsara, as well as other areas and we will be sure to Thank Sajesh for his part in making our stay feel special. Your comments on the Dive Centre are well noted and have been passed on for improvement for improvements to be made there

We do have a pre arrival questionnaire of the type you mentioned, called a vacation planner and you should have received this at the time you booked. It is exactly as per your suggestion – a list of what you could possibly look forward to doing while here and more besides. I will look into why you did not receive this and see that we do not miss this opportunity again

We really do appreciate all the feedback you give us – constructive criticism helps us improve, while the positive feedback gives us all great encouragement to continue doing what we do

I hope we may have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vittaveli in the near future and remain

Yours Truly,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I went for four nights in mid december for my honeymoon. Staff was very friendly specially Siwana, the diving center was very intresting staff there was specially trained and friendly (TRevor, Igor and VIvian) they take time to make you feel confortable diving. Food experience was very nice, although we went on a breakfast and dinner all included they charge for water during dinner and a lot of courses have extra cost. ( We wouldnt mind paying a bit more if all the courses were included we were a bit disappointed in this) The island is superb, rooms are very nice and always clean, great family experience if you go with kids (fun kid center).
We absolutely loved our stay there and would definetly return without a doubt.

• Stayed December 2013
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Anapalme,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli on Trip Advisor, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to return to visit us again at some point in the future.

I note that some of our colleagues, Siwana, Dive Centre’s Trevor, Igor and Vivian, made your stay that special and will be sure to thank them for their efforts, as it is so often the colleagues that our guests talk about as the reason they enjoyed their stay, and the reason they would return.

Our Half Board packages do entitle guests to a wide choice of dishes from our menus, however there are some more expensive items for which we add a surcharge – these are mostly imported dishes and are in the minority compared to the dishes which are included in the Half Board package. For your next trip, we will have changed quite a few items in the menu and will be looking to see how we can enhance the choice offered to guests taking the Half Board option. Do please contact us directly to see how this will change, should you wish.

We are delighted you enjoyed our spacious villas, we take a great pride in maintaining our resort in the best possible condition, and in this season of school holidays, the resort does play host to quite a few children, for whom the Kid’s Club is a daily habit!

We would be very keen to welcome you back in the future and please contact me should you need any assistance with that

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Me and my wife travelled to Vittaveli for 5 nights in early September 2013 for our honeymoon. And what a great vacation it was. We stayed in Water Villa Turtle 1, which is the farthest water villa you can ask for. We had the best sunset view of any villa and since we were far away from the other rooms, it was most private of all. Our room was huge with a swimming pool, outdoor bed, outdoor table and chairs as well as a huge bathroom with a shower, and a big bath tub.

Moosa was our butler. He was welcoming, friendly and attentive. He showed us around the island, did snorkeling with us, even found a special pair of snorkel glasses for my wife.

Not having any major problems personnaly, I would like to say that the buggy service needs to be faster as sometimes you end up waiting for a buggy for 15-30 mins. It wasn't a big deal for us as we were enjoying the nice views and I was too happy to get distracted during my honeymoon and but I agree with other reviewers on this issue.

The food was great in every restaurant but Moo was the best. Definitely go to the Lobster night and enjoy your shellfish at your table on the beach. Samsara is a casual option and we enjoyed the Asian night but did not like the food at the Maldivian night. Fenesse restaurant is great as well. Shakira and her coworkers at Samsara were welcoming and friendly all the time. Find her when you go there.

We did snorkeling every day of our trip and tried different parts of the island. It was probably one of the best times we had in a long time. Moosa also did snorkeling with us and caught a sea star and a conch for us, and showed us the best parts of the reef. The variety of fish is amazing in Maldives.

Another nice event was the fish feeding they have everyday at 5.30pm.

I would recommend ordering lunch to your room and enjoy it outside on your own terrace. And then you can fall asleep on the outdoor bed listening to the waves :)

The only thing that upset us was some guests stole our bikes twice while we were eating at Samsara. I know this is not the hotel's fault but they need to figure out a way to stop this. This happened to us twice in 5 days.

Overall it was an amazing trip. Thank you very much for everything. I have been recommending the hotel to all my friends getting married soon in Turkey.

Room Tip: Turtle 1-8 for the best sunset views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Omer U,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, we are so glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us and feel inspired to recommend our resort to your friends in Turkey. We will see that Moosa and Shakira, our colleague in Samsara, are both thanked for their role(s) in seeing that you were comfortable and felt special.

We are certainly working on having more buggies available, especially in the evenings when guests wish to go to see the fish feeding or to dinner, and are coming up with a new system very soon for this. The healthy house reef around our resort is often commented on as a draw for visitors as the corals are quite rich and very accessible from the generously sized Villas.
We will arrange spare bikes at the outlets in the evenings so no one has to go without their bike after their meal in future.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Vittaveli as soon as your schedule allows

United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This Resort truly knows the correct meaning of hospitality . They make your stay comfortable and an experience one can't forget . I had a beautiful and lovely experience . The rooms are better and bigger than Four Seasons and One and only. Right from General manager to front desk manager to the servers they all do their best to welcome guests and are gracious/understanding.

This hotel prides itself on its service and it is very attentive, I would like to personally thanks Khalid from Reception, James Director Food and Beverage and Shyam Radley Sajesh from Restaurant, I am already planning my second visit as am so impressed . I wish them good luck and hope they continue performing well..

Thank you Jumeirah for wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: Best rooms in Maldives...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear ADS K,

Thank you for your review of Vittaveli and your compliments to my team and I. We always thank our colleagues in our monthly meetings whenever they “make a difference” to a guest’s stay, we will be thanking James, Radley, Shyam and Sajesh in this manner and am sure they will appreciate the feedback.

We all truly value each and every guest which chooses our resort and our ambition is to provide them with Warm Maldivian Moments in our STAY DIFFERENT style. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for a return visit and thank you again for choosing Jumeirah in the Maldives

Jumeirah Vittaveli

Been to Jumeirah Vittaveli? Share your experiences!