“Dream Holiday” 5 of 5 stars

Maldivian Adventure
Mangalore
“Dream Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Me and My wife just came back from a Dream Holiday. We Booked this resort with lot of reservations as We are Vegetarians. But Resort Entire team took care of us and made our dream Holiday. Moment we booked the resort i had sent intimation about our food. As we entered the Island with warm Welcome They first said we will take care of your Food preference!. We stayed in Lagoon Villas in Sunset side later we were upgraded to Lagoon Suite.
Resort.
It is an excellent location with all Villas with Lagoon and Open area. Spacious Restaurants, even the island has lot of free areas near Landing Jetty and restaurant.
Food.
We enjoyed our Vegetarian Food. Chief Chef Nishantha and Nitai Made our stay memorable with Indian and Continental Vegetarian Dishes and also Regular buffet had Vegetarian Cuisine. They served Us food Like Pongal, Poori Baji, Dosa, Vegetable Biriayani, Alu Paratha all were Excellent. And also Attitude make you happy is very good They will serve what you want. There are three restaurants but we stuck to only main restaurant "Smsara", We had taken full board package. it saves
The entire team is very very hospitable. lead BY Mr Amith Mujumdar and Ms Evelyn I am wrong in mentioning the name as Every staff of the Island is scores 5star in Customer satisfaction.They are very friendly and Helpful. Mr Sajesh and Mr RadleyTook care of us in Restaurant.
Rooms,
Rooms are spacious with king size beds with round curtains and spacious Bath room area with lot of storage space and outside with plunge pool with lot of walking area with open bed and relaxing chairs sofas and a glass bottom table were you can see the ocean and fish from it. Also you can get into lagoon from this area. and the lagoon suits are mind boggling with bed rooms in the upstairs and spacious living area in the ground floor and TV in each floor and bath rooms in each floor!!.
This Amazing place for the families and couples and also for Vegetarians. The resort has Spacious Kids play area.
We had a Dream holiday Thanks to the Entire Team. It was hard leave the resort on 5th day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review. We are especially keen to know about all our guests’ preferences before they arrive and it is our pleasure to personalize the experience for you. In this case I will see that Chef Nishant and Nitai are thanked for their contribution to your stay with their culinary skills, which are regularly mentioned on Trip Advisor reviews. Thanks too for mentioning Amit, Evelyn, Sajesh and Radley as they are all very dedicated individuals who make that difference to the guests every day with their care and attention. We will see that they too are thanked

All our Villas are between 184 to 300 square meters in size and feature individual pools which has been frequently mentioned by guests. The Lagoon Suites which you described, though are really very special not only for the features which you mentioned, but for the uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean and the gorgeous sunsets which come included in the room rate!

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the resort in the near future and thank you once again for sharing your views of the resort on Trip Advisor

Jumeirah Vittaveli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here with my family in late February and we thought this hotel was absolutely fantastic. We hadn't been to the Maldives before and don't know what other hotels are like but this one exceeded our expectations in almost every way and we would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

The pick up at the airport was efficient and it took about 25 to 30 minutes from when we left customs to arriving at the hotel where we were greeted at the arrivals jetty.

Rooms
We stayed in a Beach suite. Upstairs there was a large twin bedroom and a bathroom area (actually, this only had a shower). There was also a terrace but we didn't use this (no shade and too hot although I'm sure the hotel would have arranged an umbrella if we'd asked).

Downstairs there was a luxurious king-bedroom with a massive bathroom and plenty of storage. There was also a large living room with sofas and a TV. In fact, there was a TV in every room and all three could be connected to the internet (included in the room rate) and a mac media system with access to TV stations and complementary films. You can also link it to your ipad or ipod although this was not entirely straightforward.

Outside there was a decent sized plunge pool and plenty of space to relax in front of the villa. This led out to the beach. All of the space was very private. We were lucky because we were on the side of the island facing away from the lights of Male and also because we could snorkel straight out onto the reef.

If I was nit-picking, then my only criticisms of the rooms were that, like so many hotels in this part of the room, even after only a year or so the weather had taken its toll on some of the wood. I was also unable to find the promised Bose sound system - there were some speakers in the bathroom but I have no idea how or if the system worked.

Food and Drink
There are three restaurants and two bars. The main restaurant has a good buffet breakfast and, at dinner, another buffet or the a la carte. The emphasis was on Asian food but there were also some European/American choices. Not sure what it was like at lunch because we never had any. The buffets were good but not great but we really liked the a la carte. Also, the staff here were very friendly and helpful.

Near the main restaurant was the hotel's 'fine dinning' restaurant, Fenesse. I found this the only disappointing restaurant. The setting is great (over the water) but the service was a little stiff compared to the other restaurants and the food wasn't as tasty.

Down the other end of the island was Moo - this was my favourite restaurant. Simple well cooked meat and seafood with fabulous service. In fact, the service at Moo and in the main restaurant was really exemplary and helped contribute to a great stay. There was also a bar at Moo which served decent cocktails although not as good as in a European luxury hotel.

My main regret was leaving - 6 days were simply not enough. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Not only is it a very attractive property but the service was so good and really contributed to a great stay.

I should also mention the obvious - the hotel is very expensive and so is the food and drink. We bought the half-board package and I would recommend this. There are some supplements in Finesee and Moo but given that there is nowhere else to go and eat, if nothing else it saves you from a really huge food bill at the end of the trip!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting a review to Trip Advisor and we are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Jumeirah Vittaveli. I note that you enjoyed the Beach Suite – it is our fastest selling room type because of the extra bedroom - and the only thing you found lacking was shade on the beach. I am delighted to tell you that we are currently addressing this by the installation of shades at this very moment! They are 2 meters wide and roofed with traditional thatch material. We expect that this work will be complete by the middle of June.

I would be happy to send you a photo of these shades if you wish - feel free to contact me on my e mail address - graham.kiy@jumeirah.com

The wooden material used on the decking needs constant attention due to the harsh climate here and we have a regular maintenance programme to refresh and repair any faulty planks.

I note that our website does include reference to a Bose sound system which is erroneous and I apologize for that, we will have the text changed and made a note that when welcoming guests to the room, controls for all the sound systems should be thoroughly explained so that they may be enjoyed to the full.

Your comments on all aspects of the restaurants were duly noted and we will work to improve on the negative and accentuate the positive topics that you mentioned, on both service and food
I hope you will be able to visit us again very soon and look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Vittaveli

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My partner and I are both from the UK, we live in Dubai and stayed at Jumeirah Vittaveli for 5 days for our 3 year anniversary.

Jumeirah Vittaveli is truly breathtaking. It's everything you would wish for in paradise - quiet and beautiful beach, clear blue sea, amazing snorkeling, spacious accommodation and wonderful food. However, the thing that makes it extra special is the service - it's just first class

The welcome
After we'd gone through security in Male airport we were greeted straight away by Jumeirah staff with our name board. They took our luggage and loaded it onto the speedboat. We were pleasantly surprised to find that it was a very plush boat. There was only us on the boat and it had started to feel special already. It was only a short 20 minute trip to the island where we were had a delightful welcoming committee on the jetty to greet us with local drums. We moved into the reception area for a cold towel and welcome drink. Cold towels are always provided at meal times and on excursions. We arrived much earlier than the stated check-in but we were shown to our villa straight away by the personal assistant, Fiyaz assigned to us.

The villa
We had booked a Lagoon villa which we were delighted with. It had the most incredible glass floor in the lounge area, enabling you views down to the crystal blue water below. The bed was huge and incredibly comfy. We loved the spacious bathroom, which had a huge tub and separate shower. Despite the villa next door being in close proximity, it did not disturb our privacy and we felt like we were secluded on our own deserted island. The views from our villa and the overall island were spectacularly beautiful, especially when the sun was setting, just breathtaking.

Having eaten at some of the best 5 star restaurants in the world, I have to say trying the beautiful Fenesse topped every dinning experience I have ever been to!! My partner and I went to here to celebrate our 3 year anniversary and the views and setting were incredibly romantic (see the photo of our table and views below) The food was divine, with a good selection to suit all palettes. The service made it all the more special as the staff as always were so helpful and kind. There are 4 restaurants to choose from on the island all of which serve a variety of fresh delicious food, you cannot be dissapointed as they really cater for everyone.

The Service
There is a huge team of staff for the number of guests and every one of them looks genuinely happy in their work. Nothing is too much trouble and they want to make sure you enjoy your time on the island. They are all friendly and keen to chat if you want them to.
We went to Vittaveli to relax and we couldn't have asked for anything better

Overall Experience
One of the most magical places I have been or likely to ever visit. I would highly recommend Jumeirah Vittaveli for Honeymooners, families and anyone who wants to experience one of the most beautiful places in the world. The island is small but doesn't ever feel crowded. In fact, other than meals and around the main restaurant, you will rarely ever see other guests.

We would really like to thank all of the staff (and I mean ALL) for making our holiday so special and enjoyable. Particular thanks to Fiyaz for all his help and going beyond our expectations. (Particularly when going out of his way to find some soothing gel for my Scottish partners sunburn haha)

I hope we will get to return to paradise one day  x

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. My colleagues and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and wish to return. We do especially thank our colleagues which have gone out of their way to make guests’ stay special and Fiyaz will be thanked in the usual manner

Many of our guests speak well of the charm of the island and the warm service they receive when staying with us, we are certainly glad to hear that you would like to return because of this and look forward to welcoming you back to Jumeirah Vittaveli

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have just returned from the Vittavelli after a 7 day stay at this lovely resort. We have been to the Maldives 9 times and are fans of the Four Seasons resorts, in particular. However, this was our first stay at Vittavelli and the also the first time that we (2 adults and 2 kids, aged 7 and10) reluctantly returned back to our home in the UAE, wishing strongly that we could extend our stay at this resort for a few more days.
We would like to mention in particular, Evelyn, James, Sajesh, Riyaz, the resident yogi and the spa team, who made this vacation very memorable for us all. We stayed in a sunset beach villa and loved the wrap around swimming pool that accompanied the villa. We commend the beautiful beach that surrounds the whole resort and an outstanding well protected housereef with THE most amazing coral gardens and wonderful, abundant sealife inhabiting the reef.
Food was always good in all the restaurants with very willing and accommodating staff keen to make every meal a memorable experience.
An unusual extra in the villa, compared to other resorts we stayed at, is the wireless keyboard that connects to the tv, turning it into a computer - so no need to queue up at a business centre waiting to get access to catch up with a few essential tasks whilst on holiday! Free wi-fi is available for all on the whole of the island.
My husband is a keen diver and enjoyed discovering new dive sites with the dive center team.
This resort is new and some aspects of it can improve to offer an excellent experience. However, we can definately recommend Vittavelli resort to others and will no doubt, plan to stay there again in the not so distant future.
the Pickerings

Room Tip: simply loved watching the sunsets so can recommend a sunet villa. You might be equally happy to see...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guests,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our resort so much that you did not want to leave! I will see that Evelyn, James, Sajesh, Riyaz and Sreejith (Yoga Master) are all thanked.

I am so glad that you highlighted the coral reef as a highlight of your visit as I often mention this to potential clients, noting it as a feature of the resort much loved by experienced and beginner snorkelers alike.

I am glad your husband enjoyed the dive centre services –we will soon be shooting an underwater video to further explain the diving opportunities that exist close to the resort as this as it’s original heritage in a previous age.

You recommendation is very precious to all of us which are making efforts to promote the resort and improve in any aspect. Should you feel there are any aspects of your stay which would require improvement, please do let me know – my e mail address is graham.kiy@jumeirah.com

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to Jumeirah Vittaveli in the near future

Warm Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Currently still here
Although I am a very frequent traveler I usually don't write reviews but I saw the need to do so here due I the huge negativity and unfairness in reviews of this place
To be honest I and my wife were kinda worried about Coming here due to too many negative reviews
Trust me this is not the first time I go to Maldives or a beach resort and it takes quite a lot to impress me :-)

the place is really good and staff are very friendly and helpful and go beyond their way to help and to make u feel comfortable

Everything was impressive from the meeting at the airport up to this moment

I am staying in a sunset beach villa and man this is one of the best places I have ever been too in Maldives my wife and 3 small kids loves the place and our butler Zuhair is making sure that we are being taken care off what a wonderful experience so far

I think those who complained about the prices and the quality are being unfair in my opinion but that's only my opinion

This is diffenately a jumairah standard
We had few minor issues but all were taken care of very promptly and professionally
And they are not even worth mentioning
I love the feeling of isolation that this resort provides makes you feel like you are on your own island

The kids club is amazing the food is great the staff is great and everything about this place is great

I think it's worth the money and this kind of luxury and service does not come cheap which is completely understandable .

• Stayed March 2013
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. My colleagues and I are delighted that you are enjoying your stay with your family and I will see that your butler, Zahir, is thanked for his contribution to your stay; your general comments on our colleagues will be passed on to the hotel team too.

The Beach Villas are exceptional; at 184 square metres in size and with a private swimming pool, they are spacious and the design is such that you may enjoy them in total privacy with your family

I am sure you will enjoy the remainder of your stay with us; thank you again for choosing Jumeirah Vittaveli and for your very objective review

Warm Regards,
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Time to set the record straight: judging from what we had heard(and corroborated by reviews here), Jumeirah Vitavelli may have got off to an imperfect start when it opened, but that is definitely a thing of the past - a few days in to our stay and we are raving fans! This is not our first time in the Maldives - previously stayed at Rangali Island Conrad (then Hilton) and W Resort & Spa - but this is our first time here with our kids (ages 2 and 6).

We chose Jumeirah Vitavelli primarily for its popularity with families and this was right on: without a doubt the best Kids Club our kids have ever had the pleasure to visit! Excellent and abundant staff (special mention for Hassan and Larry - the kids adore them!), outstanding facilities (lots of space, equipment with great attention to safety and comfort) and a fun-packed agenda to entertain across age groups.

What had us worried prior to arrival were previous criticism of food, staff and cleanliness - not minor quibbles!!! Our own experience is only positive in this regard which I can only explain by the fact that these criticisms do seem to date from the early days of the resort. Now the only indication of Vitavelli's "youth" are the new and pristine amenities and modern design.

An excellent selection of food is offered (small, high quality core menu and buffet, with special highlights to keep the palate entertained). Focus is on freshness e.g. your selection of fruit is prepared directly for you at breakfast - short of picking it off the tree, fresher impossible! Service - as is the case throughout the resort - is attentive without overwhelming, and staff are genuinely committed to making one's stay memorable with every request handled graciously. This goes too for smoothing the little hiccups that are unavoidable, especially when traveling with children - all staff are courteous, professional and caring. As for cleanliness, we're pretty picky and find the standard very high throughout - no mean feat with all this sand about!

The Talise spa deserves special mention - simply superb and the spa manager (Habeeba) is a gem - totally accommodating and genuinely focused on ensuring the comfort of her guests. My tip? The Dreamtime Ritual - pure relaxation and perfect to overcome jet lag.

We're staying in a Beach Villa which is definitely best with children - direct access to the beach, a generous pool and ample space indoors, despite having a cot an additional bed. We did stay briefly in a water villa (kindly provided on the day of our arrival for the 5 hours until our villa was ready). It is spectacular but not as roomy as the beach villa, and definitely not ideal for small children: the pool is small, the railing presents too much potential to tumble down and our 2-year old is loving playing on the beach - a huge sandpit ;-) As for sunset vs. sun rise side, we're trying both sides and the difference is marginal to me: Male's twinkling lights on the horizon didn't bother me on the sunrise side, thought the view is entirely unobscured on the sunset side and the snorkeling is a bit richer.

One more thing that crops up a fair bit in the reviews is price and yes, it is expensive. Controls on alcohol and the need to ship everything to the island pushes up prices so if the mounting credit card debt is going to spoil your enjoyment, you should probably go to Thailand or somewhere else instead...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing to Trip Advisor with your review of Jumeirah Vittaveli. My colleagues and I were very appreciative of the things that you said. Your praise is a powerful encouragement; as always, the colleagues you mentioned will be thanked for the efforts they made to make your vacation special.

You are right that we generally do not recommend Lagoon Villas for families with very young children but that the Beach Villas are ideal for this age group of children. I agree with you that some statements about the difference between sunset and sunrise are perhaps a matter of perception. My recommendation to all guests is to book early whenever possible to assure your preferred choice of Villa location

Habeeba at Talise Spa will be delighted that you found her services to be professional and friendly and the feedback you gave on the Dreamtime Ritual will also be shared with the therapists who regularly provide this treatment

Our Children’s club is about to become even better in the coming months with the addition of a bouncy castle, wooden climbing frame for adventure fun, dressing up clothes and our own Vittaveli version of a Treasure Hunt, so I hope we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,
manama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Amazing hotel! , great service from the Airport tell checking out ! we stayed there for three nights and four days! It wasn’t enough!! It was so relaxing , and fun at the same time !

Food, we took the half abroad it was very good but on some dishes ul have to pay little bit extra! But it wasn’t any problem .
I have just one suggestion for the Hotel , it’s a Jumariah hotel , I think you need a Arabic Cuisine it would be perfect!!!

Arif, he was with us from day one , he was very helpful and always there when we needed him . thank you Arif!!

Rooms, amaaaazing ! but there is one point! If you are looking for a nice place to snorkel go to the last lagon villas …from Dolphen 3 tell 6 (sunrise) .

If tyou like a smoother place to swim , go to the First villas . and the Sunset it is much smoother there .

During our stay the Manger of the Hotel ,arranged a complementary sunset cruise for the Guest it was a very nice experience , we got to see the Island from the sea , Thank you Mr.Graham for this amazing trip.

And last , there was a outdoor cinema at the pool area it was very nice .

At the end , the Hotel is very nice for family , friends or Couples .

Room Tip: corner Lagon villas are very Privet . Dolphen 6 . great place to snorkel .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Graham K, General Manager at Jumeirah Vittaveli, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jumeirah Vittaveli on Trip Advisor. I am very glad that you enjoyed staying with us and will see that Arif is personally thanked for taking such good care of you.

Many guests comment on the friendliness and welcome of the colleagues at the resort and it is a very important part of our culture. I take on board your comments that we should have an Arabic chef and we are indeed recruiting two to join us this summer, so that we can broaden even further our culinary capabilities, with genuine Arabic cuisine.

I am glad that you enjoyed the sunset cruise and the snorkeling in the house reef, one of the best in our atoll, which really brings you close to marine life
I hope we will be able to welcome you back to Jumeirah Vittaveli in the near future

Warmest wishes,

Jumeirah Vittaveli

Been to Jumeirah Vittaveli? Share your experiences!