This was my third visit to the Maldives and I have stayed at the W resort and Conrad in my previous trips. Choosing a Jumeirah hotel made me put very high expectations as the name is 'supposedly' associated with luxury.
After a very tiring late night flight we arrive to the hotel for an early check-in. Our rooms were not ready and we were kept waiting for almost 2 hours! They kept asking us for passport copies, credit cards, etc. even though all that was sent to them by email days before our arrival. Also when complaining to the guy taking us to our room that we are tired and haven't slept much he told us that all their guests come in tired (excuse me what is that supposed to mean!)
We were so tired and frustrated for waiting all this time but we thought this might just be a small glitch and we will enjoy the rest of our stay. Unfortunately, that was the beginning of many shortfalls.
To start with, the area where the beach villas are located smell of diesel and when we complained about that they said the generator is located in that area hence the smell!
Plus, calling reception and getting an answer will be a miracle! You have to go there yourself to request whatever you need because they never pick up the phone!
The restaurants and their staff.
- We would book a table in advance and yet when we arrive nothing is ready we're always kept waiting.
- Too many ants on the table (a simple wipe with a wet towel before guests arrive would solve the issue!).
- Waiting for food to arrive is such a torture, it would take minimum 45 mins to 1 hour for it to arrive.
- Staff is not well trained. When seated, you have to ask for the menu or else you don't get it. Same for the drinks!
- We were once asked to place our order for our dinner at MU bar & grill right after we had lunch so they can have everything prepared once we're there. When we arrived it started raining and I very much appreciate the team's effort at relocating our table but all the food came in almost raw! It was verrry disappointing. In addition, the main course came in in shared plates rather than an individual order! The steak was also stacked all in one plate! The next day we were also asked to choose our dinner menu right after breakfast but we just canceled the reservation at the restaurant as the previous day was already a disaster.
- There were days where orange juice wasn't available! That is like water how can it not be available! Also lettuce, when we asked for salads we would be informed that they can't offer us that since lettuce is not available in the hotel today. I have never been to a hotel (and i'm a frequent traveler) that said orange juice or lettuce wasn't available.
Housekeeping is another issue!
- There's no "do not disturb" sign, so they keep barging in the room (thank god there's a lock though to keep them out!)
- When asked for the room to be cleaned housekeeping would come in many hours later (once though they broke the record and came in after one hour! usually i'd wait 4 to 6 hours).
- Housekeeping doesn't do any cleaning! All they do is replace the towels. Used coffee/tea cups from the mini bar was kept uncleaned till the day we checked out!
- We left a finished food tray in front of our room once, the housekeeping guy came in after 4 hours of requesting him and I asked him off since I already cleaned the room myself! and yet he didn't pick up the food that was left outside.
For every incident above we were promised a better service next time and yet we didn't see anything. There's always an excuse and the main one being that the hotel is less than a year old! If that is an excuse why let me pay such a high amount of money for such a bad service! No one did anything to change our experience to the better. The manager told us to come in next month and see the improvement in service rather than do something about it NOW. Thank you but i've wasted enough money already!
I regret choosing this hotel and I would never go back, not this hotel not any other Jumeirah hotel!
The only thing my family enjoyed is the kids club, beach, the water activities, and the beautiful coral reefs (besides the kids club, everything else was just nature where the hotel didn't have anything to do with it). However, all that you can find in other resorts with far more better service and value for money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to an idyllic world where spectacular beauty fuses with blissful comfort. An unspoilt island resort beckons in the heart of the Indian Ocean. Lose yourself in a pure horizon, where the calm breeze whispers notes of serenity beside the iridescent water and vast stretches of pristine sand. A soothing palette of delightful textures and tones is embraced in the design of the spaciously apportioned villas and suites. Subtle Maldivian architectural expressions of traditional craftsmanshipreveal an assortment of remarkably luxurious environments where discerning guests are reminded of how every individual need is uniquely anticipated with the inimitable STAY DIFFERENT™ philosophy ofJumeirah Hotels & Resorts. Feel a sense of liberating freedom that such space affords.If you believe in exploring new dimensions with each holiday escape, this island chic resort unveils unforgettable memories and enduring satisfaction. Capture the timeless essence of opulence with bountiful rooms, honey coloured timber flooring and high ceilings. Both the stunning Beach Villas and Lagoon Villas cradled amidst pristine flora are surrounded with mesmerising views of sun-kissed beaches and azure skies, which can be admired as you shower in the copiously spaced open bathroom or from your idyllic private Beach Suite roof top. The Lagoon Suite, a haven of magnificence, perfectly positioned above the crystalline waters and offers panoramic views of the Indian Ocean. At Jumeirah Vittaveli, we value the craftsmanship inherent in developing fine cuisine for every palate. Based on an appreciation of individuality offered within the realm of a flavourful culinary journey and unique luxury service, our award-winning chefs maintain a culture of excellence in our three captivating restaurants. Relaxed al fresco dining by the sea, or cocktails and culinary sophistication in themedinteriors, guests enjoy a level of service and gastronomic ingenuity unrivalled amongst Maldivian island resorts. Each select restaurant has evolved with a genuine appreciation of what you cherish, with a fusionof what you dream. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Amex, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Jumeirah Vittaveli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Vittaveli Hotel South Male Atoll