“Absolutely Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Tubbercurry B&B and Inns
Epsom, Surrey
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

My wife and I visited Tubbercurry to celebrate the 70th Birthday party of a dear friend and stayed at Cawley's. We were made extremely welcome by Pierre when we arrived and were very impressed at the personal attention given at all times which is usually missing from many of the larger not family-run hotels. For example, on the Sunday evening when the kitchen was closed and a large funeral party virtually took over the hotel, Teresa still asked if we would like something to eat and cooked a delightful meal which we ate at a specially laid table for two. The previous day she had made a booking for us for a seaweed bath at a local beach leisure centre and nothing was too much trouble.
Overall, a fantastic short break and if we ever return to that part of Ireland we would definately stay at Cawley's.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I was made to feel welcome from the moment I walked through the doors. The room was very warm and cosy with a complementary bottle of wine and fruit platter and a lovely welcoming note from the proprietors.

The garden at the back is stunning and, weather-provided, it makes a lovely place to sit and relax any time of the day or night.

I never felt the need to have meals anywhere else as the menu changed daily and the food was absolutely gorgeous! The bar and restaurant staff are extremely friendly and good for the 'craic'.

I was there at one of the busiest times of the year, during a music festival, and never once did I feel that I was simply just a 'guest'. I would go back there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

This is a delightful hotel located in a beautiful part of the country was a read find - its easy access to both the airport and Sligo city made it an ideal location for me.
The restaurant was a delight as was the food, which apart from being freshly prepared is apparently sourced locally.
My room was spacious, modern in its decoration and quiet - something that is not always easy to come by these days.
The staff was extremely helpful and went way beyond the call of duty to ensure that I was properly looked after.
Another stay for sure the next time I’m in the area.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

my wife and i have had holidays all over europe but i cannot recall anything like the
hospitality we recieved during our recent stay at CAWLEYS in Tubbercurry.
Pierre and Teresa could not do enough to make our short stay as enjoyable as posible.
The staff ,the food ,the people Tubbercury were super.
We cannot wait to go back there.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2009

This a lovely hotel of a type that used to be typical of market towns of a certain size. Many of these have have disappeared or maybe offer less than we now expect. The service here makes this hotel a rare gem. The hotel is old fashioned in layout but the decor shows a certain flair. I've stayed here a few times recently. There is a very warm welcome and the hotel seems to be very much part of the town with locals in and out. I travel on my own and felt very comfortable here. The food is great. A good menu with real food prepared fresh. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was fabulous. It's not a minimalist modern hotel but a country town hotel where the owners remembered my name on my second visit. I like it.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — No off-street parking
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
cawleysguesthouse, Owner at Cawleys Guest House, responded to this review, March 12, 2009
Thank you very much for your lovely comments. We really appreciate it. I apologise for the fact that our off street parking was not mentioned to you on your first visit. An oversight that we hope to correct for our future arrivals. We have off street parking just off the rear garden which is accessible from the main street. Hopefully you can avail of it on your next visit. . Teresa
Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed 3 nights B & B, we loved it
The staff were lovely, it was very clean
The Food was top class
It is a family run business in the center of town
We were made very welcome, nothing was to much trouble.
We will definitely go back

• Liked — spotlessly clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2008

Cawley's Guest House is a multi-generational native Irish family-run B&B in the charming village of Tubbercurry in County Sligo, Ireland. The building has the charm of its age and heritage and the rooms are warmly and nicely appointed......like staying with friends in their guest room. The food, made in their professional kitchen by owners Teresa and Pierre, is fresh, homemade and prepared using locally raised meats and produce. Their lamb shanks are amazing but so are their nouvelle selections like mango chicken. The hospitality of the owners and their family is exceptional. Staying with them means a warm Irish welcome and a genuine taste of Irish country food and community.

• Liked — The fantastic food and amazing innkeepers.
  • Disliked — Nothing....very satisfied.
  • Stayed October 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Cawleys Guest House? Share your experiences!