“great trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Tubbercurry B&B and Inns
Moncton, Canada
“great trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

Had a lovely few days during the tubbercurry music festival in cawley`s, I found the staff very friendly, the guesthouse has a beautiful garden and terrace, where I enjoyed the few days of sun! Lovely bar and restaurant area. Television in the room was a bit small but did not bother me. Clean room and comfortable bed. Hope to return to see ye next year!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Although I read one bad review the other 11 convinced me that this would be nice place to stay. I have to say I made the right decision and have had a wonderful stay thank you. The staff were very friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kerry, Ireland.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

The room we were shown to was filty dirty, the walls were all grubby,dirt stains, hand prints etc. with paint falling off (from damp), the winows has mould growing on the inside, the carpet was dirty and all stains and greeted with a smell of damp, musty and cold. It was so bad we stood looking at the room and each other for 15 minutes before we decided (standing-because I couldn't bear to sit down anywhere) to go back down to reception and request a clean room as we were not happy(disgusted) with this one. We were shown 2 more rooms, but it didn't get any better, the corridor which led to the rooms has wallpaper with active mould growth all over it, one room even had a thick band of mould growing all around the edge of the ceiling. It was not fit for anyone to stay in. I said this to the staff and I was told "you don't have to stay here", (no excuses for the state of the rooms or surprise at our disgust) which we didn't, we were paying good money for a hap hazard run down establishment that we unhealthy to be in. So at 7pm in the evening we had to turn around after 5 hours travelling and find accommodation. Don't put yourself through the torment of even thinking about staying here, you could leave sick with the amount of mould and damp in this place-SHOCKING!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sligo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

I have stayed in Cawleys on numerour occasions. It is a lovely hotel with excelend food and drink. All the staff are very customer oriented and the would do anything for you. For a base in south sligo it's perfect.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
North Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Pierre & Teresa run this superb Guest House for their guests , and they ensure that you enjoy your stay in the comfort of a homely atmosphere . Teresa took time out to map " A DAY OUT" for my wife and me ( as if there was nothing else to do in this busy hotel) , and on our return after an excellent day , Pierre made sure we were refreshed and fed . Do try the "Panga" ( a fresh water Vietnamese fish) specially imported !! You wont get better hospitality than this , so make of it while you can.

Neil & Margaret Macdonald. Harrogate , North yorkshire .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Epsom, Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

My wife and I visited Tubbercurry to celebrate the 70th Birthday party of a dear friend and stayed at Cawley's. We were made extremely welcome by Pierre when we arrived and were very impressed at the personal attention given at all times which is usually missing from many of the larger not family-run hotels. For example, on the Sunday evening when the kitchen was closed and a large funeral party virtually took over the hotel, Teresa still asked if we would like something to eat and cooked a delightful meal which we ate at a specially laid table for two. The previous day she had made a booking for us for a seaweed bath at a local beach leisure centre and nothing was too much trouble.
Overall, a fantastic short break and if we ever return to that part of Ireland we would definately stay at Cawley's.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I was made to feel welcome from the moment I walked through the doors. The room was very warm and cosy with a complementary bottle of wine and fruit platter and a lovely welcoming note from the proprietors.

The garden at the back is stunning and, weather-provided, it makes a lovely place to sit and relax any time of the day or night.

I never felt the need to have meals anywhere else as the menu changed daily and the food was absolutely gorgeous! The bar and restaurant staff are extremely friendly and good for the 'craic'.

I was there at one of the busiest times of the year, during a music festival, and never once did I feel that I was simply just a 'guest'. I would go back there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Cawleys Guest House? Share your experiences!