“If you are looking to book a beautiful wedding abroad, book here - NOW” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa San Crispolto

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Passignano Sul Trasimeno
Villa San Crispolto
You added Villa San Crispolto to your Saves list
Via San Crispolto 2, 06065 Passignano Sul Trasimeno, Italy   |
Liverpool
“If you are looking to book a beautiful wedding abroad, book here - NOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

If like I was, you are looking to get married abroad, and are spending hours trawling through dozens of websites, then this review is for you....

All of the reviews that you read on weddings at Villa San Crispolto, a stunning converted chapel, nestled in the Umbrian hills, overlooking the vast Lake Trasimeno, will give you a glowing report. This is because nobody could be disappointed by the location, service and execution of the event there. If you’re reading this whilst trying to decide whether to get to married in Italy or not, stop right now, there is no choice other than Italy, or Villa San Crispolto. Everything the Italians do is done with such style and class that to me no other country could rival them. Not only are you just about guaranteed the weather you want (hot summers, warm springs, mild autumns, snowy winters), you are offered the most delicious cuisine in the world for your wedding breakfast (my guests still talk about the 7 course menu) and the wine is grown in vineyards not far from the villa you are sipping it in.

Villa San Crispolto is (as you will have read a million times by now) all you dreamt of (and more). Cortona town is prettier then Sienna and Florence – but almost a hidden secret in tour books. It is fairy tale. Walking through that town after I was married with my new husband is one of the best memories of the day; it was like something from a film.

For my husband and I, we wanted all of the above, we wanted the fairy tale wedding, with all of our close friends and family, we wanted something ‘different’, but without spending every weekend and evening leading up to the wedding talking, planning and boring our selves (and our friends and work colleagues) stupid. We both have very demanding full time jobs; we simply could not afford the time visiting suppliers and making long phone calls over all the minor details that make weddings so special. Where could we find someone that we trusted with this responsibility – Marco! Marco was not only our wedding planner (and that somehow doesn’t seem a big enough title to me) he literally held our hand throughout the whole process; he even translated at our wedding. In the build up everyone I met commented on how ‘laid back’ I seemed: that was because of Marco. There was no sign of Bridezilla, and for that I will also be thankful Marco!
The ‘8 steps to a perfect wedding’ should be called ‘the least work you can imagine doing for the most important day of your life, the stress and worry ends here’! Wow, what a system.

If any future guests want to speak to me about any element of the wedding please ask Marco for my email address and I’ll be happy to talk to you!
Nancy, Wedding Sep 2, 2009

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2009

Marco,
First and foremost, thank you to you and your assistant Monica for all your direction and help to make our stay a wonderful experience. I still haven’t gotten over my awe at the beauty of the Villa San Crispolto. The villa and the view were both breathtaking. After a full year of planning and building hopes for our wedding day, I was worried that the actual experience couldn’t live up to my dreams. But my concerns were for nothing.
I couldn’t have hoped for a more beautiful wedding day anywhere else on this planet. Father Tom was so friendly that he made us feel comfortable and comforted. He took away all my nervousness about the ceremony. Our photographer, Stefano, was just as friendly and accommodating. All of my friends and family agree that I have the most beautiful wedding pictures they have ever seen. The caterer, Renata, is undoubtedly one of the best in Italy. The food was absolutely incredible, and we were so full by the end of the night we couldn’t ask for more. And our bartender was a great sport to put up with all of our behavior at the reception. You and all of your vendors did everything possible to make our day and our week the best it could be. And you even helped us find our way every time we got lost. You were patient and made us feel so welcome. I keep telling my new husband that I want to relive that week again and again because it was so perfect. Now I am looking forward to our wedding anniversary so we can hopefully come visit again. Thank you again for helping us to have the most perfect wedding day possible!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

I just want to thank you Marco for making my wedding day and my entire wedding experience one of the most memorable days, a day both my husband and I will never forget. Not only for Joe and I, but our families and friends who nearly 3 months later are still talking about it. I'm sure at times I tested your patience with my numerous requests, but I have to say you exceeded yourself and left me speechless with how amazing everything turned out on the day.

I would also like to thank your assistant Monica who was at the other end of the phone from the minute i arrived at Villa San Crispolto. And of course 'Navilagando' for the absolutely wonderful welcome party organised on the boat the night before the wedding. The food, the music, the picturesque scenery all around us on Lago Tresimeno is something I will never forget. That night was amazing and certainly set the mood for the entire wedding as well as being a great way to thank guests who all travelled such a long way to be with us on our wedding day. This went down extremely well with everyone and I would recommend this to any bridal couple who wish to make their wedding that little bit more special!

Thank you to Nello the hair stylist and both the make up artist's who all did an amazing job and made us feel so relaxed the morning of the wedding. 'Autonoleggio il Girasole' who looked after all our transport needs and got us out of a very sticky situation at the last minute by arranging transport for all our guests to and from the boat the night before! A sincere thanks to the caterer Luciano. The food was amazing and the service impeccable.

I will never forget Villa San Crispolto, and my only regret is having not stayed an extra week. Marco you are a true perfectionist, and you helped me achieve my dream wedding day and for that I will be ever grateful.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, we just hope some day that we will have the opportunity to return to that little peace of heaven!

Aoife & Joe O'Brien

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

Dear Marco!
Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in writing this testimonial, but as you know, since our wedding in Nov 08, we have been preparing for the arrival of our first bambino! (due in just a few weeks July 09!) We discovered the great news just a few weeks after we returned home, so for that reason alone, Villa San Crispolto will always have a special place in our hearts!!!!
The week we spent at your beautiful Villa San Crispolto was the most perfect and enjoyable experience of our lives!
As we first arrived and drove up to the villa we were actually lost for words! and we couldn't wait to explore everywhere!
Our wedding was absolutely perfect in every single way!
There was nothing we had to worry about, as everything had been taken care of before we even arrived!
The organisation of our wedding was so professional and I know that all your hard work helped make our wedding day run without a single hitch.
The ceremony in Cortona Town Hall was magical! - the history and architecture of the building alone was breath taking, and Cortona was the perfect romantic setting for our photographs and even the local people make you feel so special as they congratulate you as you pass them by!
Everyone who you put us in touch with were excellent, Elena for the legal aspects, Massimo and Mario for the transport , Nello for hair and make up ( I felt like a princess by the time he'd finished!) and the fabulous Renata and her catering team who provided the most spectacular feast on our wedding day! Especially our traditional Italian wedding cake which was amazing! And of course Domenico our photographer who was superb in capturing every moment of our special day!
We have absolutely no regrets about choosing to stay at Villa San Crispolto and selecting Marco as our Wedding Planner!
We would certainly recommend the experience to any couple who wish for a total relaxing, worry free wedding!
Infact we already have recommended the villa, as just before we left the villa, a couple from the UK arrived to take a look around, and we told them about our perfect wedding!
So if you are considering choosing the villa as your wedding destination, but are apprehensive, as you can only see the website, please don't be!! ...it couldn't be easier to plan your wedding with Marco (his 8 step system system is genius!) and the pictures on the website (although amazing as they are) they still cant compare to what you see with your own eyes when you arrive and you will certainly not be disappointed!
Our family and guests were totally blown away by the villa and its location! the views are out of this world, and in the morning when we woke, there are simply no words to describe the beauty of the views which your eyes see!
As it was November when we stayed at the villa, we were lucky to experience the morning clouds descending as we were so high up! and despite being November the weather was still very good, with glorious sunshine most days!
We actually walked around in awe for the first few days, not quite believing how incredibly lucky we were to be getting married in such a beautiful place!
The entire villa is stunning, inside and out.
The furnishings are all antique and the restoration of the villa has been done with much love and care that you feel very privileged to be staying in such a fantastic place!
The villa is so spacious and can accommodate all guests easily and has perfect places were you can all socialise together such as in the gourmet kitchen or on the terraces.
The villa, grounds and the swimming pool are all immaculately maintained and the private Bridal Suite above the chapel was the perfect place to stay on our wedding night!
I would definitely recommend the Bridal Suite to any couple who want an additional touch of pure luxury!
Of course our biggest thanks go to you Marco, as without you, none of this would have been possible.
We were blown away by your generosity and will always be thankful that we found you and your website! Gary and I feel you went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect and despite our wedding party being the smallest you had organised, you really did make us feel so very welcome and exclusive as we had the entire place to ourselves for the first 3 days!!
You and your family are very special people and we wish you love, health and happiness for the future! We will of course stay in touch as we hope to one day return to Villa San Crispolto for one of our wedding anniversaries!!
With thanks from our hearts!
Lots of Love
Lisa & Gary - Liverpool, UK

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

We booked Villa San Crispolto after a brief visit over a year ago without a tour of the interior (it was occupied as we visited mid week) but we were sold on its rustic charm and wonderful views the moment we got out of the car.
Location wise it is hard to beat, breathtaking views and close to the small town of passignano, the villa is secluded without being remote and easy to reach by car and the town easy to reach by train from florence, rome and perugia.
If you are looking for a wonderful location for a wedding to wow then look no further, marco will ensure you have a headache free day and your guests will be talking about it for all the right reasons for a long time to come.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

A short review cannot express what an amazing time we had at Villa San Crispolto, and what an unforgetable experience everybody had.
We booked Villa San Crispolto before we had even seen it, based on the fantastic reviews and the connection we felt instantly on speaking to Marco on the phone, it was like he was reading our minds explaining everything (and much more) that Romantic Italian Weddings could offer. On actaully seeing the villa prior to the wedding I cried with joy as I couldnt believe we had found what we had been dreaming of and we were stunned at the beauty and elegance of the villa and the unbeatable views.
The organisation of the wedding was so easy with the 8 step planner and we were thrilled with the amount of choices on offer, even down to the smallest details, we loved the San Crispolto olive oil which we presented to our guests as a gift. The food and choice offered by Giuliano was excellent, Massimo and Stefano at the transport company were superb as was Alex the DJ.
Every aspect of the week at the villa and the wedding was considered with such attention to detail, and a personal service. Monica and Marco were at hand at every point for anything we needed. Nothing was a problem, Monica was fantastic and was even in contact with my Mum arranging a hand made gift that my Mum wanted to get for us for the wedding. Italy and Umbria were amazing with the brilliant weather, the fantastic architecture and character of the church and Cortona, were unrivaled. However it was the trust, fantastic relationship, and an exceptional personal service that Marco and his team provides that made it outstanding. I cried again when leaving as I felt like we were leaving friends. We had the best time of our lives and our family and guests have all said the same. Thankyou, Marco, Monica and all your team for making our wedding the most amazing experience we and all of our guests have ever had. You and Villa San Crispolto will be in our hearts and minds forever.
Dominic and Jennifer

• Stayed July 2009
Newry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2009

My wife and i were recently married at villa san crispolto in Italy, Marco and Monica organised everything to a tee, were extremely helpful and the step by step organisation process couldnt be easier. Marco has a comprehensive online system for organising every detail of the wedding prior to leaving for Italy which is extremely professional.

On our arrival in Italy, Marco organised a sit down meeting with everyone involved in the wedding, The Caterers, photographer, DJ, etc. I can say without hesitation that Marco expects a high level of professionalism from everyone working at the wedding and gets exactly that.

The week of our stay was complete bliss with family and friends completely overwhelmed by the villa and its surroundings. The wedding day itself went without a hitch, the food was to die for, friends and family still commenting on the traditional italian wedding cake, which was delicious.

Our wedding surpassed our expectations and i would recommend getting married at this wonderful venue to anyone.

• Stayed May 2009

Been to Villa San Crispolto? Share your experiences!