“Fresh and delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
new zealand
“Fresh and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel as being a traditional Greek restaurant. We called in for lunch and were not disappointed at all. The fish was so fresh it was practically still swimming. The greek salad was full of beautiful fresh tomatoes, cucumber, olives and peppers, the feta was divine - and thank goodness for once in a Greek salad there was not a lettuce leaf in sight. The staff were attentive and friendly and we would most certainly recommend this restaurant.
As a bit of a bonus they allowed us to change into our bathing costumes there and then we lay on the beach on their loungers for the rest of the afternoon! Great service - fresh and delicious food.

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
“great fish restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

very friendly owners and staff, good service and lovely fresh fish that they bring to the table. They usually had freshly caught octopus drying in the sun outside! Be warned, however, the stuffed calamari is HUGE - enough for 2 hungry people!!

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best meal in Santorini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Afros was recommended to us for the last night of our holiday in Santorini. The owner is also a fisherman who catches the fish in the morning and cooks it at the restaurant in the evening. He also has a farm and grows the vegetables himself. This along with his interest in food created a perfect dinner.

From the bread which we started with (home made sour dough which is my favourite) which came with a herring dip (my husband loved this!) to our grilled aubergine starter (simply grilled, very delicious), every dish was fresh and very tasty. We chose sea bass for our main course which was filleted in front of us by an expert waiter. It was the best sea bass I have ever tasted. My husband wanted some sardines as well so they included a couple for him. The accompanying vegetables and chips were delicious! For dessert we had the baklava, the best we have ever had.

The owner, the staff. the setting and the food were all perfect. You must go to Afros!!

• Visited August 2013
“So good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here twice (on a two week break to Santorini). Friendly staff, well cooked food, great atmosphere; a chance to see and order the fresh catches of the day. Good value for money. Greek restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I heard about this restaurant from a nice couple I bumped into walking down the road. They recommended I eat here, and I'm glad they did! The owner wooed me when I stopped to read the menu by handing me fresh, fragrant sprigs of mint and basil plucked straight from the front garden, saying that they use fresh ingredients such as those in their dishes. The view from my table was lovely, I could watch the ocean as the sun set, and the hammock in front of the restaurant added to the feeling that I was in paradise. I got the fried shrimp, and also got to try some sort of cold eggplant salad with bread. Both delicious. My meal finished with some cold watermelon. After, I walked across the road to sit on the beach a bit longer. Lovely people, good food, beautiful location!

• Visited July 2013