“Great Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta

Save Saved
You added Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta to your Saves list
Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lazaro Cardenas 150, Bucerias 63732, Mexico   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Bucerias
Edmonton, Canada
“Great Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

We went to this resort, first time vacation to Mexico, the last week of November, 2009. Returned there again first week of December.2010. We found the resort to be very, very clean, comfortable, lots of variety in the food offered at Buffets' and the a'la carte restaurants were great also. The people working there bend over backwards for you, are very friendly and helpful and the Nolitour reps, both different from the year before, were very informative and answered any questions you have. The first year we did the Zip Lines thru Scott's Tours in Bucerias and this year went on the Rhythm of the Nite, which was fantastic - tons of fun. We found the rooms to be very comfortable - there is no clock, but who cares, you are on vacation! The first year I took an in-room coffee pot, coffee, cream and sugar along but this year didn't . To get more water, just ask the ladies that clean the rooms. We walked lots along the beach both ways and into Bucerias - had some great seafood there. We will go back there again as still have not done all the trips we would like to do.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

3,413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (622)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

Two issues:
1. The white plastic beach chairs are not that comfortable.
2. The beds are not the most comfortable, but we did sleep well every night.

If you can live with these two issues then this is a fantastic resort, especially for the price!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Gibsons, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I will be completely honest..... this was our first major family vacation- and after having stayed at the Decameron I can honestly say I am already planning a return trip. There was 7 in our party ranging in age from 13 yrs to 67 years old. Sure the rooms are basic but they are clean and we hardly spent any time there except to shower or sleep. The rest of the time was spent down at the beautiful beach or by the pool side. As for the food... it was just great with us. If a person can't find something there then I don't know what to say. There was plenty of selection, fresh fruit and filtered water. The staff and their service was outstanding not to mention the beautiful setting. To sum it up the best way I know how would be to say that for a working class family I felt like we were treated like Kings and Queens. I'm going back and I know my family will too.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Vaudreuil, Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

My whole family stayed here for 2 weeks during christmas and new years....8 adults and 8 children (9 months to 10 yeras old)....we all loved it and had a great time. No complaints from any of us. The weather was perfect, sunshine everyday and not humid at all.....only one day of morning clouds.....

we got our portrait done with the hotel photographer and he was amazing, great pics and really not expensive....definately worth it!! just ask for Popo the photog and make an appointment with him :)

The rooms are basic but very clean, nice big shower.
The grounds are so beautiful with beautiful flowers and palm trees everywhere.
The pools, there are many so you will always find room to sit and relax and have a drink.
The beach is very nice as well....nice waves for the kids to play in :-) there were always chairs available.

By city bus you can go downtown in 25 mins. The excursions are much cheaper just outside the hotel.

The food was very good....good variety in the buffets and good restaurants :) book early because there is always a line up.
Overall the service was great and all the workers were very nice and friendly.

I know people who have been there many times...as for me and my husband and child we like to visit other places....but I would go back in the future.

• Stayed December 2010
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Ok so this was my first 'all inclusive' to Mexico.....Was I impressed? No....Why??? The room mainly...Yes, i
I know we weren't in it long, but the tile shower and barley any water dripping out of the faucet, the uncomfortable beds...but CLEAN :) I believe I was just wanting a little more 'luxury', naive me thinking 4 star resort meant..American or Canadian 4 star....No this is Mexican 4 star...Economy...
There is no in room bar fridge. They only supply one large bottle of water per room per day...that sucks.
Food, there was a posting about 'vegetarian' fare, the person responding thought 'vegetarian' fare, meant 'salad'!!!...LOL...no there is not much other than 'salad'/cheese quasadias unfortunately for vegetarian fare, especially during 'snack' time. I have a daughter that is a veggie...she would be pretty hungry there.
My travel companion doesn't drink beer, he was drinking OJ or Water from the bar...he was sick twice on the trip.
I would suggest you bring a Insulated Mug for the drinks, as you get the small plastic cup, and if you buy a Mug in the gift shop, it is pretty over priced.
There is a guy, Manuel, that has a souvenir shop, when you go out the main entrance, turn left...He takes Canadian Tire money at par!!!!.....crazy eh ?
ALL and all for the price, it is economy.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

Well I can not tell you enough about this hotel it was the best place ever the service the food and the staff were fantastic we have been waiting along time to go to the royal decameron we went on nov27 to dec4th we took our two teenagers and one of my daughters friends along with us they said they would never go anywhere else in pv they are planning another trip back there soon. Another thing we did like about the Royal was the beach and how much space there was you did not feel cramped at all with alot of people there. We did go to the rui and visit some friends there and they give that hotel a 5 star I would give the Royal Decameron a 5 star as well I would not stay any where else in pv Thanks again to the staff at the Royal Decameron you Rock.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2011

My husband and I went to the Decameron for our honeymoon in August 2010. We have never been to an all inclusive resort before, or Mexico for that matter. We had such a blast here!
The staff was so friendly, you could tell they loved their job and there town. They were more than happy to tell you places you should go to in Bucerias.
The food was delish! and so much of it! haha The rooms were very clean, the only things I thought they were missing were a coffee maker and an alarm clock. Other than that, it was all good.
Lots of things to do on the resort during the day, exercise in the main pool, go kayaking, skim boarding, eat at one of the many buffets :) We spent most of our time in the adult pool. The bartenders by there are so much fun!

There is a bar in Bucerias called Yo Yo Mos, which is run by a Canadian. Great food, great staff. The owner gave us a round of tequila bc we were Canadian lol

We went on one excursion through Vallarta Adventures, the Rhythm of the Nights tour. Such a fun cruise. great games played on the way to the island, fantastic show and food on the island, and so much fun on the way back. ten stars!! its a must do!

All in all, fantastic experience, I will recommend this place to everyone :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta? Share your experiences!