We stayed for one week October 28 - November 4, 2006. It was our first time in Mexico. R DeCameron came highly recommended to me by several people that are repeat clientele, and it was easy to see why. The service was very good, the staff was very friendly when approached for assistance. There is such an array of food at the buffet restaurants that if there is something not to your liking, there must also be something that is! Our absolute favourite of the al la carte restaurants was the Italian - it rocked! And the guacamole at the Mexican was to die for!
I had read reviews here beforehand and tips like 'take your own mug' and 'take your own washcloths' were not very clear so let me say this....taking your own mug will likely save you trips to the bar as your mug will probably be bigger than the plastic cups that drinks are served in, in addition will keep your bevy cold and save on some of the waste with all those disposable plastic drinking cups! In the week that we were there, housekeeping left washcloths in our room only twice...not sure of the reason behind that but the reason for the tip became clear!
Comments in other reviews about tables being cleared a little 'too efficiently' may be as a result of the amount of litter the guests leave lying around. The staff has to be that efficient to stay on top of it. I was pretty disgusted with the guests in that regard...the amount of drinking cups left on the beach, or beside the pool - often with an untouched or barely consumed drink in it was appalling! Really! how much effort does it take to drop your glass into the trash can?? And if you ask for it....drink it!!
The entertainment was really good, very enjoyable - just remember to take your camera! We forgot and missed out on getting some nice pics - their costumes were beautiful!
Kudos to the staff - they handle ill mannered, arrogant guests (and we witnessed a few) very diplomatically, and were very friendly otherwise - making it a very pleasant stay. Will I go again? absolutley - watching for deals already!
~Charlene Vancouver, BC
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron