My husband and I recently spent a week at this hotel, and while it is not the fanciest resort at which we have stayed, it was adequately appointed and the staff was excellent. The buffet was unremarkable but all of the al a cart restaurants that we tried were very good to excellent, especially the Italian.
Our problem with the resort is that on our last night the noise of the disco-goers was even more excessive than usual and we were awoken enough to turn on the lights in our room. We discovered that there was more than a dozen bugs on our bed! We had noticed these bugs in the room one at a time through the week, but thought nothing of it as we expect unusual bugs in tropical areas. But at this discovery, we started to wonder if these were, in fact, bed bugs.
We squished several in tissue and I took them to the front desk where the night manager tried to tell me that these were bugs that hitched a ride into our room on our feet and shoes from walking on the grass. I told him that I wanted him to look them up on the internet to determine exactly what they were. He avoided doing this. He offered to move us to another room, but as we had less then 12 hours at the resort there was no point in doing this. Besides, as I told him, if they were bed bugs, we would just be infecting another room. I went back to the room where my hubby, the great hunter that he is, had been tearing apart the bed, killing the offensive little beasts. I spent the remainder of the night with the lights on, barely dozing.
When we checked out in the morning the hotel made no mention of the problem, let alone offer an apology.
Further, when I spoke to the No Lit Tours representative about the problem, she tried to tell me that the bugs were probably sand flies that got into our bed by us not washing our feet after being on the sand. I was not able to refute this at the time because I had no access to the internet to look them up.
I realize that one can encounter these bugs at any hotel, regardless of the rating and that this is becoming a global epidemic. But if hotels do not acknowledge the problem and try to hide an infestation this will never ever be eradicated or even controlled.
Upon returning home we had to take every precaution to not infest our own home. This meant much researching online and multiple washings of our clothes in the hottest water possible and keeping our suitcases in the garage for days, then vacuuming them out very carefully.
Next time we go to any hotel, anywhere, we will be doing a bug check. I recommend the same to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron