We went with a group of 11 cousins from Mar 29-April 5th. Let me start with the check in. I was the only one that didnt get my room on time. I paid for the ocean view with a king bed. They had my room rented out til 3pm that day for someone that asked for a late checkout. Finally got my room by 5:30pm. But when we got the room, we werent disappointed. We were in Block 1 on the main floor. Loved this place.
The way you have to book the ala carts is silly. You have to wake up early and get a number at 7:30 and then at 8am they start with the reservations.This is just silly/ People get very mean.
We did get reservations for the brazillian and the Italian. If you like meat, you will love the brazilan , My favourite was the Italian. If you want 2 meals there, you can order another entree. Very good food. I had the Flank Steak. High salt content, but very tasty.The desserts at this place is very good. Not bland or dry at all.
The beach sand was so hot so make sure you always wear sandles. The jellyfish werent an issue but they caution you on this. Not a very crowded at all. Always lots of chairs (very uncomfortable) But if you want the ones in the shade, you better get it early with a towel on the chair to hold your spot. The vendors are always asking, but for the most part if you say no thanks, they will go away. I bought 2 dresses. But you need to bardor. I got a dress that he wanted 40 U,S to 20,00/ Stand your ground on what you want to pay and you will probably get it.
I cant say much about any other pool but pool 5. This is the adult pool, Get your chair early . They seemed to go fast.It was the quiet pool, But very nice. I spent most afternoons there. There is also a buffet there as well/..Bathroom close by as well. If you go near the tennis courts by pool 5 at around 12:30-1:30, you will see them feeding the iguanas. Very interesting. Big to.
It is very safe to go off the resort here. We took a bus at the top of the hill for 7 pesos each way per person to MEGA. It is like a Walmart. We went there for a cooler since there is no fridge in the room. We Bought a case of water and beer to keep cold in the room. Went to the bar every morning and got the cooler filled with ice . Worked great for us.
We also did a walk into the market. Very neat place. We ate lunch at Fat Be boy's on the beach.Food was great and the Miami Vice drink was fantastic. Also went to a jewelery store and bought a silver ring with my birthstone. Paid 120 us,
We also did The Rythum of the Nights excursion. This far exceeded my expectations. It cost us 119.00 each , Didnt disappoint. Kinda felt like a was on survivor walking around. 1 hr boat ride the is so much fun, then you see a show , then a buffet, All drinks and food included in the 119.00.
I would go back to this resort for sure. The maids, bartenders, tourists are amazing. Very friendly all around. The place is dated, but the fun you have will make you forget it isnt a 5 star,,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron