We have been back a few weeks now, and we are missing our pool chairs! We had another nice stay at the Decameron. Not much has changed there. The resort is constantly being painted, workers are always tending to the lawn or pruning bushes, but we thought this time that the resort is in need of a facelift - especially the rooms. For family traveling with us, the rooms were the biggest disappointment. They are very simple - no clock radio, no Kleenex, no shampoo etc, toiletries that we all have come to appreciate in hotels. Just a bed, a night table, a dresser drawer with three small drawers, 5 coat hangers in the closet and a tv. Oh and one chair. Very simple. So if you choose the Decameron, go knowing that it is no frills! Really there is not enough storage for three people in a room with three small drawers. There is a safe in the room. We paid about 340 pesos for 11 days. We were not really in our room except to shower and sleep so the simpleness of the room didn't bother us, but it did bother family with us.
The food was alright - always something was of interest to us - chicken, pork, beef, sausage most nights. Always a salad bar and nachos and cheese. Every night there is a different theme. Thursdays are fun as it Mexican Fiesta night. The workers work all day to set up for it. Although we were there over the BC Spring Break, the resort was not full. In fact, they closed restaurants on a number of occasions. The Snack bar at the front of the resort was only open 3 days out of 11 . This was about our 5th trip to the Decameron. The staff is wonderful. Always is... but the cost to stay has gone up over the years and I don't think we will go back. We will try something different next year. All in all, a good trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron