“A great hotel for those who don't want the resort experience” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Suites Nadia Bucerias to your Saves list
Hotel Suites Nadia Bucerias
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Pacific Ave 150, Bucerias, Mexico   |
Newmarket, Canada
“A great hotel for those who don't want the resort experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The rooms are smallish, considering the inclusion of a kitchenette, but the balconies make up for lack of interior space. Large enough for a table and chairs (provided), most afford as good a view of Banderas Bay as you'll find anywhere, perfect for observing the morning activities on the beach and spectacular sunsets. The location is excellent, close to all kinds of food and beverage choices. There is free (and fast) wi-fi. The hotel stafff were very accommodating to our every request and seemed to take a personal interest in making our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view, at least 3rd floor or higher..
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in this place twice, once for three nights, and came back for another three about a week later. It is a medium size hotel, modern but somewhat sterile in feeling, but just a block from the beach, with great views from floor three up, and a good price for a nice room with small fridge, and cooktop and toaster etc. It is a few blocks from the main plaza, away from the more touristy developed area across a small bridge, but still has many restaurants just downstairs and around the corner. There were some small problems, air conditioning didn't work alll that well, but they were minimal. The problem occurred when I came back. At night there were bugs all over the ceiling from the light and as I was killing them with my towel I broke a lamp shade. The next day they told me that they were going to charge me 1200 pesos for it. It was the day before I left but I went downtown, and found the exact same one for 524 pesos. When I came back and told the manager that, he immediately and without blinking an eye said they would charge me a 200 peso "service charge" to go purchase it. I figure that it would take about two or three hours max to do all that, so where they heck did he pull that out of his hat. Same as with the price. I do not mind paying--I broke it. But I do mind the way they handled it. It was pretty easy to get a price on it. The point of this is, I would not trust them to be honest, or perhaps fair, about handling problems. The staff were kind, location is good,room was good, but....just be a bit aware. BTW, if you do go there, by the way, go up the street a block or so to the coffee roaster, Cafe La Esquina. It is a great little place, owned and operated by a Mexican guy who is just a sweetheart. And you will feel like you are in Mexico, not an outpost of Canada.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia Bucerias, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest:

As the owner and General Manager of Hotel Suites Nadia Bucerias, I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Bucerias property. I am not aware of the details of the event you mention in your comment, but I would like to assure you that I will investigate and will be glad to share with you my findings.

For the above, would you please send me an email where I can communicate with you?

In the meantime, I would like to again apologize for the inconveniences and would love to see you again in our property so you give us a chance to eliminate this bad impression we caused you. I would like to think that this represents one of those unexpected and awkward circumstances that take us out of our normal business pattern.

Email: joseluiscasillas@hotelsuitesnadia.com
Menlo Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We returned from our annual Banderas Bay vacation yesterday, having spent three days in downtown Puerto Vallarta, three days north at Punta Mita and the final three days HERE AT NADIA SUITES HOTEL. All outstanding accommodations !

A wonderful, modern, super-clean suites hotel with an amazing pool/jacuzzi on the top floor that offers an unobstructed view of Banderas Bay without and sort of crowd at the beach below, and the cozy small town of Bucerias to the southwest.

Only Zihuatanejo's hillside boutique hotels can match this setting. (we always avoid the crowded high rise "resort" hotels of the Nuevo or Puerto Vallarta beach) Here, the Staff is very professional and responsive to whatever questions or needs you might have. (WiFi is "lightening fast")

You will be in an area NORTH of town ... so be aware that the really good restaurants (Marks, Adriatico, and especially CLAUDIO, our favorite place for lunch on the beach) are a short walk through the town center, as is the great upscale art boutique MARISOL at the corner across from Mark's. And if you're in the mood for a real French breakfast, taxi it up to the main street and next to the Giant Replica of Marilyn Montroo, you'll stumble upon the best crepes outside of Paris. The OXXO store (water, beer, soda, etc) is a mere three minute walk from the hotel.

Find the Silver store at the mid town corner while avoiding the street vendor booths. That's where you get the best silver jewelry at prices based on weight. Don't ever buy silver (plate) bracelets or necklaces from a street vendor.

Enjoy your stay at Nadia ... as Arnold would say : .... " ve'll beee back " !

Jerry and Mary
Menlo Park, California
San Francisco Bay Peninsula

Room Tip: Take taxis to the restaurants on the south side (across the walking bridge of town .... 2 dollars...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose Luis C, Propietario at Hotel Suites Nadia Bucerias, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest:

I want to thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at our Hotel Suites Nadia Bucerias during your recent visit to Bucerias. As the hotel owner, I am very pleased to read that you had a great time with us and that you would consider us again as an option to stay in a future trip, thank you again.

I will make sure that the staff knows about your comments in respect to their professionalism and dedication while performing their duties; I knwo they will like to know too.

My best regards to you and I look forward to seeing you again at our property soon.

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Okay, I know my reviews get boring because they are always from the same places - are we in a rut - if so Love The Rut!! Again we stayed at Suites Nada and again so enjoyed our time there. This year we were there March 11-25 and unlike last year in April, it was a bit busier which we enjoyed. Same gorgeous view from room and pool, same wonderful staff (Sergio, Jesus, Adan, Jose Louis and Francisco along with the housekeepers). We feel like it is home, love the small atmosphere. Having read other reviews with problems of not getting room you expected, etc. we know that is frustrating but having work in the hotel industry for 20+ years also understand it. We don't get too hung up on which room we have (actually had to stay in one room first night then moved to our room for rest of stay). We are there for the weather!! It is almost perfect weather the whole time. The room may lack some amenities in the kitchen area we would like but again - who cares. We got by just fine and cooked many nights in the room. So many great restaurants around the hotel and enjoyed them often. Hop, skip, jump to beach - sun, sand, surf - who could ask for more. Thank you Hotel Suites Nada for making our stay very, very enjoyable.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We recently returned from a 2 1/2 month stay at Hotel Nadia Bucerias. We were given Room 503 for the month of January but had to move Feb. 1 to Room 303 and remained there until we left for home March 14. Both rooms are lovely with wrap-around balconies and gorgeous views of the ocean and beach from the floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding glass doors. The rooms were clean, comfortable and well equipped for a lengthy stay. We were treated like family by the friendly, courteous and helpful staff - Sergio, Jesus, Antonio, Adan, manager Francisco and hotel owner Jose Luis. They couldn't do enough for us. The location of the hotel is perfect - close to many restaurants, shops and buses for our trips to Puerto Vallarta and surrounding areas. We are definitely planning to return to this delightful hotel and the quaint town of Bucerias.

Room Tip: The 03 Rooms are the preferred choice
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jose Luis C, Propietario at Hotel Suites Nadia Bucerias, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Guest:

I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Bucerias hotel. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your holidays with us and Bucerias. Thank you also for your kind comments about our staff and for sure will pass them on to them. I know they will like to know!

Again, thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again in a near future.

Orchard Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This place Rocks!! We stayed here for a night on March 5th before heading up to Sayulita. Sergio and his brother were First Class. Both men were extremely personal and hospitable! The hotel is in a perfect location for the beach, shops, and restaurants. The rooms were perfect...very nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable as well. You cannot find a better view in Bucerias than hotel Nadia. The rooftop pool is excellent (only issue is that it is rather small).
We will be back next year for a longer stay. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a patio room facing the ocean!!
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We wanted the top floor. No room was available for the entire stay, so we were offered room 204 for the first 3 nights, which we were told is spacious, then we would have room 503, a corner suite with a wrap-around balcony.

When we arrived however, we were given 202 instead of 204. That was fine, it's a small room, but the balcony faces the beach. It does overlook the big metal roof of the unoccupied building in front though. The 204 balcony overlooks an empty dirt lot.

On the day we were to move to 503, we were asked if he want to stay in 202. No. Then we were offered 504, being told it's a big room and supposedly the bedroom window 'overlooks' the ocean. No idea how that could be, given the suite faces the empty dirt lot. I said we booked 503 on purpose and we expect to go to that room. When I asked what the problem is, I was told the person extended their stay another week, but they would see if the person occupying it would be okay to move to a different room. They shouldn't have extended that room knowing it was already booked.

We headed for breakfast, irritated and annoyed as you could imagine. I wanted to check out and demand a refund for the unused days.

When we returned, they said we could have 503 and they would move our belongings. Turned out sticking to our request for 503 was a good idea as it is superior to 202. It overlooks the beach with a grand vista. And it has a couch as well as the queen bed. The overall quality of the room was much better than 202.

We were offered the 'opportunity' to pay for future room bookings in advance. 'Just like you did for this trip' we were told. The credits could be used over the next 5 years. The cost was something like $2,100 for 30 days. $70/night. The record keeping seemed quite informal. They would keep the log sheet in the safe. We paid $75 US/night as.

There dare a number of unusual things about the building's construction. For instance, the hallway light was shining into our room through a big opening in the wall where a cable was running through. It's obvious to me, but they should have insulated the opening to keep out the light so it would be easier to sleep. 503 had handles on the kitchen cabinets Unlike 202.Maybe I expected too much, being used to Canada/US hotels.

Below our balcony are 2 big wholes in the building where the balcony doors should be. Those rooms are only brick shells. I wonder how safe that is for our floor above it. Check out our photos.

The rooftop pool has a nice view, but the water is cool. And the hot tub isn't hot. I didn't think either would be a problem, but it's surprising how cool they felt this time of year.

There are great restaurants close by. The Ladybug Kitchen is wonderful, and on the same block. The owner, Susan, is very friendly as are all the staff. The food is delicious. Gustavo no hablo english but he's very friendly. A valuable resource on dos and dont's in the area.

The hotel is two very short blocks from the buses to Puerto Vallarta. Either the ATM line, or the more fund and quicker micro-buses, which surprisingly seat up to 12 people. 16 pesos to the Hotel Zone, where you switch to city buses that charge 7.5 pesos to take you to the heart of PV. Forget the cabs, this is a far more adventurous way to go. And the locals are friendly, and very helpful with directions. Usually someone on board speaks enough english to understand you.

Room Tip: 503 is 'the' room to get. Stunning views of the beach and Banderas Bay. Wrap-around balcony...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Suites Nadia Bucerias? Share your experiences!